Victorian
Years ago

How can a div 2 team beat a div 1 team

How can it be that over the weekend I saw a sturt boys div 2 team beat a southern tigers div 1 team.

Southern from what I gather has a huge area south of the city to develop. Being an outsider how can this happen.(lose to a div 2 team) We know sturt run a very good program but surely there must be an abundance of kids playing down south. Was this the club made out of 2 clubs down that way about 5 years ago.

I remember reading something about them becoming a power or something. This obviously has not happened has it ? Didn't they have a super 4 court stadium planned.

Topic #15192 | Report this topic

Con Polites  
Years ago

Could be that as Sturt run a very good programme decent players tend to head in their direction. Or maybe because their area centres around high socio-economic suburbs that more of these folks can afford for their kids to play basketball.

Reply #179439 | Report this post

;';  
Years ago

It was actually the girls not the boys and when you have the politics down there you will never succeed. A great win by Sturt and to rub salt in the wounds the team was all bottom age against a team of top age kids!!!!!

Reply #179443 | Report this post

tiger coach  
Years ago

Which age group and division Victorian? Interested to know as I have a vested interest in the club. Not making excuses but don't forget, there are upsets in sport.

Reply #179444 | Report this post

MCSE  
Years ago

There is no pro/rel in SA and thus this team is sitting in div two. The div 2 Sturt 1 and Sturt 2 both competed in the Championship draw with their div 1 team.

Sturt 1 - Lost in Semi to Melbourne by 2 Points

Sturt 2 (Div 2 No. 1 team and all first year players)
Beat Norwood Div 1 by 1 point and beat Southern Div 1 by around 10 and finished 5th

Sturt 3 (Div 2 No. 1 team) - Lost to Forestville div 1 by 3 points and Lost to Blackburn 2 by 1 point.

Southern Top 3 Div 1 Team
Norwood Mid Range Team
Forestville Lower Range Team

Thus the current competition is holding teams back in this case.

Reply #179447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$50 says 'Victorian' is someone in SA just sniping at another club. "Being an outsider" - sure you are.......

Reply #179452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ref 179439

The sturt girls program is so good they cannot even run an Under 21 Girls team. If you are currently an u16 or u18 girl player you should be wondering about your playing future at Sturt

Reply #179455 | Report this post

"Thus the current competition is holding teams back in this case."

OR

"This club is currently holding the competition back by recruiting all the players"

Reply #179457 | Report this post

Con Polites  
Years ago

Anon #179452,

I'll take your $50 (not that I need it) judging by his previous postings I'd say that Victorian is actually a Victorian.

Reply #179458 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Back in my playing days I was playing div 2 under 20's for Adelaide Southern Suns (shows how old I am) and we went away to a Tournament in Ballarat with our Div 1 team and we had to play them and beat them. Not to much relavence I just like telling this story

Reply #179461 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure that it settles the dispute, but "Victorian" might still be here on holiday - the IP traces to SA.

Reply #179462 | Report this post

;';  
Years ago

Its very simple that Southerns program is going backwards and will continue to do so until management is changed for the better. I can not see that happening so things will just continue to be same ol same ol. Tiger people will say that they are working towards the future and that they have things in plan that will get them to Number 1 but this will never happen. They have the biggest area behind Centrals but still have kids travel past their club to play at others. And to the clown that say Sturt do not have a 21s, neither do Southern or Eastern. i guess their 16 and 18s should be worried as well? Clubs do not put in 21s because of seniors and we all know that the 20/21s are money raising for BSA.

Reply #179463 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

LOL BIG SEXY ahahahhahaha

Reply #179467 | Report this post

Yellow Eyes  
Years ago

Victorian, yes there was a merger and unfortunately the success hasnt come but we are working on it. To say that everyone involved at management level isnt doing the right thing- thats bull and an insult to some hard working people. The girls programme led by the Nagys is taking shape and its true a lot of good kids do go down the hill to play. The Sturt and Eagles do it well but even they arent perfect, no-one is! The knockers just like to have a go at every possible opportunity and because of this I have stayed away from this site for ages but hey it got the better of me. Anyway dont knock everyone because the majority have their heart in the right place.

Reply #179471 | Report this post

ha  
Years ago

Led by the Nagys hahahahaha

Reply #179477 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I was in a div 6 under 16's team back in the day and we beat a div 3 team and lost by 10 to a div 2 team. There was a chance we would have to play against our own div 2 team. I wish we got to play against them so the idiots that select teams based on politics had egg on their faces. ahhhh they were the days!

Reply #179482 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Sexy - did the same three years ago with my Eagles team at Ballarat ... very satisfying.

Reply #179483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt and Forestville are doing SA basketball an unintended disservice in 'recruiting so heavily' and being so strong into the Division 2/2 sides. Existing Kids are recruited over with players constantly brought into their Div one sides to top up in the hunt for premierships and the div 2 kids stay with them out of misguided loyalty.
The answer is not pro/rel here in a state so small but simply encouraging kids to find clubs they can play div 1 in and strengthen the competition.

Reply #179491 | Report this post

Tangles  
Years ago

So the answer is for your club to not work any harder and wait for players to leave the strong clubs and seek div one at yours.

Reply #179495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous, i think you would find that of the under 12 team who beat the div 1 teams, all players but one were from the under ten group last year. I dont understand how this can be considered 'excessive recruiting', especially when this kid came to the club, not the other way round.

If nothing else, this tournament has shown us that we need to adopt a promotion/relegation system in adelaide. It is not good for South Australian basketball to have kids good enough to beat top 3 div 1 teams stuck in div 2

Reply #179497 | Report this post

Hazzster  
Years ago

Oops, that last one was from me if anyone has any problems with what i said

Reply #179498 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Gee... all you have to do is be clever recruiter. Easy, really.

If it was that easy wouldn't everybody be doing it?

Reply #179499 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

victorian i doubt whether you are from victoria you do seem to be in sa lot dont you, may i ask where you live in victoria?

Reply #179501 | Report this post

shhhhh  
Years ago

by putting the orange ball through the red ring a few more times than their opposition......

Reply #179503 | Report this post

To whoever started this post.

Did you know that Southern beat this so called team of superstars from Sturt in the minor round ogf the tournament. Southern were without 3 Div 1 starters and had a mix of Div 1, 2 and 3 kids playing so it was not exactly their Div 1 Side.

Before you come on here and start a ridiculous post such as this get your facts straight.

Oh and yes we are talking about the Southern that won the Under 10 Div 1 Girls, finished 3rd in the Under 10 Boys, 2nd in the Div 1 Under 12 and 14 Boys and 4th in the Div 1 Under 14 and 18 Girls in the Summer Season. Add for good measure they won the Senior Womens in Summer as well.

I guess its all doom and gloom doom there. lol

Reply #179504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tangles - there is a person at a certain large club that loves to pull the 'work harder' claim and it's simply misguided. Over the years I've seen many clubs and they all work as hard as each other.

I'll say that again, i've seen a number of clubs (five to be exact) and they all work as hard as each other.

For you to use that throw away line just makes you look stupid and may fool those new to basketball, and those who haven't seen alot of the years, but quite frankly it's not the case. The successful clubs work smarter than the others.

They are smarter at putting in processes, they are smarter at pooling resources, and they are smarter at attracting and retaining talent (coaches and players).

Now it's positive for SA basketball to have people putting in the right processess, and allocating resources, but by pooling all the talent is to the detrement of the Basketball in this state. Until a certain few at these clubs understand that, they'll keep whinging that other clubs arn't working hard enough.

Reply #179505 | Report this post

blAH BLAH  
Years ago

leave it alone and be grateful victorian - or the basketball gods will strike !

Reply #179507 | Report this post

Hillbilly  
Years ago

The victorian definately resides in Melb. His mother and family live here and he is here staying at my home every third weekend as he's in adelaide regularly for work. He has played for the state and is knowledgeable in both SA and Vic junior ball. He has seen the best of both in both states. We would love him to come back to the mavs.
I was with him on the weekend and it was the sturt - southern under 12 boys game we saw. He can't understand why they don't do what they do in vic and let the best 12 teams play div 1 regardless of how many teams a club may have in a grade. You promote the best against the best - that is how you get the best comp and produce the best players.

Reply #179509 | Report this post

the sky fell  
Years ago

The sky is falling to late... at southern it fell.
why quote less than overage stats for the "summer comp"
Just look at how many grandfinal action occurred in Winter. Then compare that to before the majority of the committee started running the club. Enough said.

Now wait till sept and see how many will be in winter GFs ... Money on less than 07 and hell that will be a proud achievement by the Southern committee.

Ugly parents run the club and the best basketballers dont play in div one but certain parents kids.

And those good bballers dont stay, then leave.

Southern cant be helped out of the slump because there is no slump. It is all great and southern is doing better than ever. Get your head out of the sand. Div 1 beening beat by Div 2 is a huge problem for the Coaching directors of the club and the responsiblity is the president. Oh he says there is no problem and how well the club is doing.

Maybe it is time Willunga joined district comp and watch the families leave southern.

Reply #179526 | Report this post

He's got no game  
Years ago

You have gone quite victorian.

Anyone find it strange how hillbilly had to get on here and do the talking for the victorian when it was the victorian who actually started this thread? Gee, that gave him some credibility...NOT!

So you start a thread and dont check on it to see who is saying what to your original post?

"he's in adelaide regularly for work" Yeah right.
Nice try hillbilly/ victorian.

Save your "IP" addresses as it is not unusual to have two or three different computers in a home theses days.

victorian = some gitt in SA with an axe to grind.

Reply #179556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Restrict clubs to only one div 2 team per age group and this might encourage movement.

Reply #179569 | Report this post

Restrict clubs to only one div 2 team per age group and this will make even more kids turn their back on basketball and make the competition weaker.

Reply #179571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you've been at five clubs, it probably says more about you....

How many of these five put have had coaching directors for all of say the last five years?
How many of these five always have people at the country carnivals looking for new players who do not play district basketball?
How many of the five try to generate new players with school clinics/Sixers zone type stuff?

I highly doubt the answer would be five. The only clubs I see now at country carnivals are Forestville and Sturt - and North were a fixture back when Dean Kinsman was CD. I'd maybe group Norwood in with it's consistency with coaching directors (Johnson/Pritchard).

So that's three. And probably the top 3. And undoubtably members of these clubs aren't the ones whinging about the unfairness of it all.

Some other clubs seem to be working harder (or smarter if you prefer) and improving their lot - Woodville's results seem to be getting better (lots of green at summer finals). Other's are not.

Reply #179575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw the Sturt U12 Div1 boys play melbourne Sunday night. The thing with them is their depth. In the second quarter the bench put them back in the game, after trailing for a long time. They have a kidd with blonde hair that can score, and another red headed lad that plays awesome defence.

The problem is they had a guard change across from my club last year and talking to his parents they had others from North.

All these movements hurt the overall standard of the comp and themselves in the long run.

KEEP THE COMPETITION EVEN.

Reply #179588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw the Sturt U12 Div1 boys play melbourne Sunday night. The thing with them is their depth. In the second quarter the bench put them back in the game, after trailing for a long time. They have a kidd with blonde hair that can score, and another red headed lad that plays awesome defence.

The problem is they had a guard change across from my club last year and talking to his parents they had others from North.

All these movements hurt the overall standard of the comp and themselves in the long run.

KEEP THE COMPETITION EVEN.

Reply #179589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps if they were happy at.... West? they would still be there?

It's also worth noting that Sturt lost that game to Melbourne - so they are not the dominant force you make them out to be!

Reply #179592 | Report this post

Years ago

179575 - starting with a cheap shot "it probably says more about you...." achieves what exactly? I've got a strong suspicion who you are, there are traits of an anon poster in these pro/rel, strong clubs/weak clubs type threads.

Don't let the shade of the sky cloud your vision, i said "I'll say that again, i've seen a number of clubs (five to be exact) and they all work as hard as each other."

So that's three times i've said it, and even put emphasis for you, hope that clears things up.

AFAIK (because i haven't had constant contact with all these clubs over the many years, but) i'll do my best to answer:

Three possibly four the clubs you mentioned.
Two of the clubs you mentioned, and another.
Four definatly, possibly the fifth.

But what does that mean? It means that even if you do all these things some clubs are still going to be more successful due to other things they do...

"And undoubtably members of these clubs aren't the ones whinging about the unfairness of it all."
No, but they are the ones whinging about wanting to horde all the talent, whinging about there not being even competition while gladly recruiting the best players for their teams ahead of what's best for the competition.

I do prefer smarter, as all clubs are working hard, but obviously the better clubs work hard in the right areas.

Reply #179593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All this talk about an U-12's team?

Who've been playing for how long, two years?

I don't think you can really take much out of that...

Reply #179594 | Report this post

Afroman  
Years ago

As a parent of a boy in Sturt Under 16 team, I would say that a lot of their success has been to do with the hard work they have put in over the last 6 years. The dedication of the coaches has developed the team into a great unit.

Incidently, my club is always accused of poaching players.
Of the 8 boys in the side that won the Norwood carnival, six have come through Sturt from Under 10's, one joined at under 12's and the other under 14's.

So basically, they are all home grown Sturt players.

Also to note, that this team has won Norwood Carnival in 2004, 2006 and now 2008.

Sturt coaches work very hard with the boys. They train very hard and are committed.

When you put so much in, it is good when it gets rewarded.

I do not know what happens at other clubs, so I cannot comment, but how I see them train at Sturt, I am not surprised that they do well.

Having a second team in Div 2 is a great help to the club. It means that the First year boys are kept together, year in and helps them to gel as a team.

Restricting what Sturt does is not an answer to the problem. I do believe that it is the interest of basketball in SA to have a strong competition, but the way to make it strong is not to penalise the top teams, but to help the weaker teams get stronger.
That seems to need to happen within a club, not getting disgruntled players from other clubs.

Reply #179600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Afro, having two div 2 sides in an age group just weakens the comp while it may help the div 1 side out having that number of reserves it does little for the individuals or the Div 1 comp. Too often there is a conceited point of view expressed, that players are better off at Sturt or Forestville (for example)playing in the two's than at other clubs playing ones.
This view gets into the psyche of the players and parents and is reinforced by the coaching staff as gospel making movement between clubs for advancement rare.
By the time the untruth of it is discovered by players and parents they're at under 18's and its all over.

Reply #179604 | Report this post

Afroman  
Years ago

I think what we sometimes forget is that the majority of kids play for a club because they enjoy the club and have made good friends. That friendship is more important than changing clubs.
Kids will rather play a different sport than change clubs.

Changing clubs is by no means an answer to the problem.

Changing clubs becomes a parent issue more often than a kids issue. I know a few boys in Div 2 who would walk into most Div 1 teams, but are happy to play div 2 with their friends than to move away to another club and play div 1.

Reply #179609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that's very true Afro but therein lies the problem of developing a truly competitive and vibrant competition.
If more accepted the challenge, imagine how strong the competition would be each week compared to now.
Its not the total answer by any means but it is part of the solution to get as many kids who are capable of Div 1 into these div 1 sides.

Reply #179626 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Those first year DIv 2 kids you speak of playing Div 1 at other Clubs are Sturts next years Div 1's in waiting, they would not move purely for this reason alone!

Reply #179629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the post refers mainl to div 2/2 teams and how some may make div 1 in other clubs.Also, some div 2/1 kids will at stay div 2 because of perceptions about their ability that may not be shared in other clubs.
One div 2 team per age group has merit.

Reply #179642 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The 64,000 dollar question is:- If they move, will they get the Div 1 spot at the OTHER club?? Parents in the OTHER club would be none too happy for someone from another Club to walk into their Div 1 side, if parents perception is that their Kid should have been given the opportunity OR their kid is better, or someone gets dropped because of it. It creates feelings of animosity and creates another set of issues.

Reply #179960 | Report this post

He's Got No Game  
Years ago

The REAL question is what IP address will victorian/
hillbilly use next?

Caught out big time there Mister.

Reply #179967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, don't you think sturt and forestville continually recruit kids, often from the country, over existing div2's and that maybe the parents are not happy about that?

Reply #180004 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yes I hear what you are saying and seeing as it is Country Carnival for U16, U18 this weekend, the Coaches will be do doubt out in full force.

Reply #180010 | Report this post

Legends mate  
Years ago

Good to see the Victorian has been caught out as a mate of the Hillbilly. He is back in melb at the minute but had a chuckle at the croweaters and was most impressed with Isaac and the IP address.

I must admit that the afroman above is spot on with his assessment of the sturt 16 boys as being all local homegrown and taught products. The Norwood boys have beaten them once in 5 years I believe and the Mavs twice I believe in that time. Whether they can maintain that only time will tell as kids grow up and basketball is no longer a priority.

My kid did play there for a nationals campaign but has gone back to his former club as distance became an issue. They certainly no longer the same intense training as they did then.

They are a well coached group as are most sturt groups.

Reply #180036 | Report this post

The Colonel  
Years ago

An awful lot of posters seem to be now talking on behalf of victorian, most unvictorian like of him.

Back in Melbourne eh? I guess they don't have computers there?

We can now link Legends mate with hillbilly & victorian.

Victorian would have you believe that he is a wise man from the east eager to share his wisdom with all us poor SA cousins.

It would seem he is really a bitter twisted SA parent with an axe to grind, particularly on Southern.

Reply #180128 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

"Colonel" and "he's got no game" the victorian is far from bitter and twisted. It is amusing that you think that. He enjoys the stupidity of your comments. He wonn't get in the gutter with you as he has a bit of class like most victorians do.

Not a bad effort from him - 50 replies from an innocent question and still no one has said why a div 2 team can beat a div 1 team - come on crow eaters you can do better than that.

Reply #180214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anybody else hear those duelling banjo's and the sounds of squealing pigs....

Reply #180294 | Report this post

He's got no game  
Years ago

Now we can add anon, Legends mate & hillbilly to the victorian support group.

Cheez you are great guys!

P.S. It is hard to see how you can use "victorian" & the word "class" in the same sentance without using the word "no".

Reply #180340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guys when ever you get cheesed of with Hillbilly/victorian and their/his over there is better than best- Think of the collingwood football team- says it all.

Reply #180477 | Report this post

Casper  
Years ago

Firstly, Correct div 2 sturt beat div 1 tigers div 2 Sturt also beat div 1 Norwood. I would hasten to guess that Norwood has a better wealth base than Sturt. It comes down to 3 factors really being a parent of one of the Southern Players I will say it in the most unbiased manner. Sturt has and will always gather the better players, More state players seem to come from there. I remember when my son first started the Tigers Coach ( a 15 year old) actually told me if you want him to play well and be selected for State send him to Sturt. For example Sturt 1 team has two players this year for whatever reason both were at different clubs last year ( I am not suggesting poaching in anyway ) but these players are now there and good on them for it.

Secondly Southern were down one player another played even though he was injured ( told not to but refused to not play ) another came down with a stomach bug that morning and Spent the night throwing up and didnt play the next day. You had a Div2 playing who is now in the div 1 team but it was only his 4th game in 1's Easter was his first time playing in this level.

So you had an 8 man team down to 7 with 1 of the 7 not knowing the plays, pace or positioning (which is not his fault and he did very well indeed.

Then drop two other players who were sick or injured.
it affected them as 10 and 11 year olds will they panic.
Hence we had then two players fouled out.
if you do the maths we were lucky to lose by so little.

I know it sounds like a proud parent sticking up for his kid, but that is the truth with no embelishment at all in anyway. Thats the truth as every southern player and parent knows it. Good on sturt for rising to challenge and this is meant to take nothing away from them its just the facts they played well. Southern played the best they had under crappy circumstances. Different day full team and no injuries or illness and things would be so much more different.

Casp

Reply #180874 | Report this post

Casper  
Years ago

Firstly, Correct div 2 sturt beat div 1 tigers div 2 Sturt also beat div 1 Norwood. I would hasten to guess that Norwood has a better wealth base than Sturt. It comes down to 3 factors really being a parent of one of the Southern Players I will say it in the most unbiased manner. Sturt has and will always gather the better players, More state players seem to come from there. I remember when my son first started the Tigers Coach ( a 15 year old) actually told me if you want him to play well and be selected for State send him to Sturt. For example Sturt 1 team has two players this year for whatever reason both were at different clubs last year ( I am not suggesting poaching in anyway ) but these players are now there and good on them for it.

Secondly Southern were down one player another played even though he was injured ( told not to but refused to not play ) another came down with a stomach bug that morning and Spent the night throwing up and didnt play the next day. You had a Div2 playing who is now in the div 1 team but it was only his 4th game in 1's Easter was his first time playing in this level.

So you had an 8 man team down to 7 with 1 of the 7 not knowing the plays, pace or positioning (which is not his fault and he did very well indeed.

Then drop two other players who were sick or injured.
it affected them as 10 and 11 year olds will they panic.
Hence we had then two players fouled out.
if you do the maths we were lucky to lose by so little.

I know it sounds like a proud parent sticking up for his kid, but that is the truth with no embelishment at all in anyway. Thats the truth as every southern player and parent knows it. Good on sturt for rising to challenge and this is meant to take nothing away from them its just the facts they played well. Southern played the best they had under crappy circumstances. Different day full team and no injuries or illness and things would be so much more different.

Casp

Reply #180875 | Report this post

Casper  
Years ago

Sorry I would also like to add, that sometimes a team has a crap day. This was ours. Nothing aligned right. It has nothing to do with coaching nothing to do with players from different clubs. But a team can play badly (not as a team) And then you have a div 2 team beat a 1. I will say that when my son tried out for Southern they had maybe 50 kids there. the next year 20 and last year 10 maybe. The club constantly does school coaching clinics hoops games and also tries to bring up from school players. The club has 3 on 3 tournaments and holiday clinics as well as dropping off flyers to schools they run the clinics at. It seems to me Southern work pretty hard at supporting their club considering they are not paid to do it. As a parent its easy to say bad refs bad coaching bad ring type every excuse under the sun. But when it comes down you can have a bad game its not excuse to answer the oringal poster with the reason why we had a bad game.

1 boy didnt play our main tall
1 played injured our ball handler
Our other handler/guard fouled out
Our new player fouled out.
And another player was sick and could not play the majority of the game or the next day.

So how does a div 1 team lose to a div 2 there is your answer. Some times the basketball gods make it so.

Done sorted move on. We have. All those reasons are exactly what we told to the boys and they accepted it. They are not concerned with politics of commitee memebers decisions and why a div 2 beat them, it had nothing to do with the commitee nothing to do with the club at all. I think anyone who can poke fingers at what is essentially a volunteer organisation should take a hard look at themselves and then raise their hand to helpout.

casp

Reply #180889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excuses 101....

Reply #180890 | Report this post

Casper  
Years ago

Fact is not an excuse and those that pretend it is are just plain bitter. "victorian" wanted to know how a div 2 beats a 1 there is the answer. Except it move on. Look up the word reason and then the word excuse. I offered no excuse. I offered a factual reason. If you cant see the difference go back to school learn your english skills and then come back on here and type more than one word and three digits. by definition "The umpires were bad" is an excuse (which they wernt) offering the facts is not an excuse.

rea·son

2. a statement presented in justification or explanation of a belief or action

ex·cuse
Pronunciation verb, -cused, -cus·ing, noun
verb (used with object) 1. to regard or judge with forgiveness or indulgence; pardon or forgive; overlook (a fault, error, etc.):

Reply #180896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except it move on.

While you have the dictionary open....

Reply #180919 | Report this post

Just the facts!  
Years ago

"Nothing aligned right"

Interesting factual reason!

Reply #180920 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

wan-kers
Anonymous posters who dont have any substance to their claims

Reply #180921 | Report this post

Victorian  
Years ago

Casper good on you - now we know. Simple end of story.
Good luck to your kid in his sport.

Funny thing people mention sturt above - remember when they were down and out around 10 years ago - this top club thing goes in cycles.

Reply #180925 | Report this post

Casper  
Years ago

WOW big man pulls out my grammer. Semantics. I accept I made a typo. A spelling error. But what I find amazing is you have so little in your life that you find it fun and worthwhile to try and belittle someone for answering a question. No wonder South Australian Basketball is in such turmoil with people like anon and just the facts involved. I answered a question that most had failed to answer without pointing blame at everyone else. Just pure facts as represnted by the Sheet. And at the end of the day the sheet shows Sturt won wow who cares its Under 12. They are 10 and 11 year olds they wont rememeber in the long term and even less if they dont continue to play. Some one asked a question I by no way discard that sturt played better on the day. I just gave the reasons why. The reason you pull out my english gramer mistakes is because you cant argue with the facts and the reason. Its seeing crap like this that makes you wonder how many top players pulled out of basketball and went on to play different sports. Cos I can tell you as a former Football coach I have never seen such bitching amongst grown adults and I have no doubt that in the next few days this web site will rack up some more comments pulling apart what I have written. But guys I simply dont care. Ever heard the expression dont shoot the messenger. You guys are shooting just for fun. All that does is show the calibre of some people involved in this sport. Which is a shame because generally it is a great sport with good people just happens someone threw in some self gratifying bad eggs My last post cant be bothered reading your reponses you two have shown yourselves not worthy of reading.

Reply #180926 | Report this post

Moose 63  
Years ago

Good on you Casper.

However, there is also a general answer to the question Victorian put to us:

Many div 2 teams can beat div 1 teams because we have no pro/rel.

I'm sure Victorian was already well aware of that...

Reply #180934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In a state with 1.5 million pro/rel would turn us into a 4 team town. Large populations can handle it because they have the cattle but here its a recipe for extinction.

Reply #180942 | Report this post

Pooline Hanson  
Years ago

Please explain?

Reply #180956 | Report this post

Years ago

nice analogy #180942

Reply #185092 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:30 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754