Anonymous
Years ago

SA Reps to AIS Development Camp

Congratulations and well done to the 3 girls and 1 boy selected to attend the AIS camp in April in the Gems/Emus squads. We wish you all well and hope you have a great week in Canberra. You will do SA proud!

Topic #15201 | Report this topic

MCSE  
Years ago

And those people were.

Reply #179614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nicole Harris
Hannah Richards
Aneeka Smith
Jake Sadauskas

Reply #179616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And P. Mesecke

Reply #179677 | Report this post

Babyballer  
Years ago

Hannah R has improved out of sight!! Not that sure about the others??

Reply #179749 | Report this post

refocus  
Years ago

Silly to put all your eggs in 'one basket' Mr G.......couple new players will end up there now you know American scouts are after them (and they can play)!!

Reply #179756 | Report this post

dfgh  
Years ago

Not sure I understand what you are referring to refocus

Reply #179780 | Report this post

The Colonel  
Years ago

(#179756)Tall poppie syndrome is alive and well I see!

Bloody well done kids, you all deserve the spots for all your hard work.

Go in hard.

Reply #179785 | Report this post

here soon  
Years ago

are these the kids in line for the first u17 worlds? or what age group will that be?

Reply #179807 | Report this post

The Colonel  
Years ago

I think it may be the 2nd year U16's that are in contention.

Reply #179966 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

Sorry to disagree with you "finger lickin good" but believe it is the current group of 1st year Under 16's - eg those turning 14 this year that would compete at the U17 worlds. I will be corrected if wrong but believe that is what the current U15 SASI trainings have their funding based on.

Reply #179996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the world's it is 17 years of age and under.

Reply #180002 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

Why then time, effort and money into the 1st year under 16's for this event - would have thought the (SASI) second years would be getting groomed for this event? Or, will the 1st years be turning 17 when this event is held?

Reply #180009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the sturt brass have looked at the 16 and 18's and thats there lot. At best, they can hope for a state trip but they appear to have been written off by those that make the decisions as far as development camps are concerned. The 18's would be wise to sign with the agents that have been busy of late.

Reply #180012 | Report this post

Wayville 32  
Years ago

I dunno #12, 3 Sturt boys in Emus squads and others close. You can write them off if you like anonymously from behind your computer in your Mum's basement.

Reply #180030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those who have been identified will be the last of the present crop at 16 and 18's with the rest just making up the sasi numbers.
Correctly, you named 3 sturt contenders and I'd venture the thought that unless you're a country player at any club or belong to sturt, norwood or forestville you have no shot of attracting attention.
Its no coincidence that sasi is over represented with coaches from these clubs.

Reply #180060 | Report this post

Wayville 32  
Years ago

#180060,

"Those who have been identified will be the last of the present crop at 16 and 18's"

Are you an Australian selector? I'm not but I know how it works. Squads increase in size periodically, normally after major international tournaments (such as the Albert Schweitzer that is on currently) or tours and are culled in successive camps until the next major tournament or tour.

For the Emus/Gems 2009 there will be one if not two more camps where numbers are increased before they pick the team mid next year. For the Emus/Gems 2011 there is still over 3 years to go.

You do not know what you are talking about. Your post wreaks of bitterness towards elite programs that by their very nature are competitive and cut throat. Build a bridge, get over it and while you're at it, take your negativity elsewhere as the players who are striving to make these squads and teams can do without reading your excrement.

Reply #180072 | Report this post

The Colonel  
Years ago

No probs with correcting me Chook; however I do remember seeing a letter we received from sasi some time ago saying that the current u16's of which my son is a second year, are the ones in contention.

I may have read it wrong though.

Very hard to make it seeing as the squad will be drawn from Aust wide.

Reply #180126 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

Well that sux!!

Reply #180152 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754