Be there to witness it!!

Topic #15203 | Report this topic

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Hahah... GO TIGERS!!

Reply #179650 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

yawn, 2 perennially underachieving ball clubs battling it out to stay out of the bottom 3 places on the ladder.

Reply #179651 | Report this post

Snake Plissken  
Years ago

sheer brilliance

Reply #179652 | Report this post

Big Cats  
Years ago

This should be a very interesting game... both teams have lost several experienced players for one reason or another and now its up to the young guys to have an impact.

The trial game between these two teams resulted in a Tiger mauling as the Panthers took control early and rained 3balls like it was monsoon season.

Prior to that the South won the reserve final after many picked Southern to take it out with limited resistance.

Key match ups...

Sharp Shooters
Braithwaite v Halleran - both have been solid in the pre season and have the ability to score quickly in bunches. Halleran doesnt have the elevation or speed of Braithwaite but uses his strength well and is cool as a cat can get.

Power Fwds
TMac v Lalic - Whilst Smith will want this match up like his life depends on it i cant see it happening with Bungey forced to take the Pilkington match up. Lalic has the strength, energy and inside presence, TMac will look to float in D and shoot the 3 ball. winner of this match up may well determine the end result. TMac will know Paul Smith is waiting in the wings though.. will this be a distraction or a motivation?

Banging in the paint
Bad Boy Bungey v Pilkington Glass
Both can be exciting and dominate the paint, both can lose their minds and cost their team composure and maybe even the game.

The Tangibles
South - Fuller/Hudson/Williams/Kosmider/Frost?
Hudson appears to be a mini Williams on the anger front but has been an effective defender and o-boarder recently. Fuller busted the Tigers up in the Reserve final with consistent post play, definetly one to watch. Kosmider cant shoot but he makes up for it with at least 6-8 assists per game.

Southern - Boal/Franceschinis/Smith/Brown/Goodenough
On paper you would say the Tigers have the deeper bench but paper doesnt win you ball games, strong defence and consistent offense does. Boal has the ability to pressure the guards with his D but will shot selection let him down? Franceschinis can be a space cadet, then turn it on for 5 minutes and havea real impact, imsure everyone will wonder which one turns up. Brown has been quiet of late after a strong pre-season, will need to step up in D. Goodenough has the hardest job of all, controlling a desperate young group of Tigers anting to make their mark this season.

Coaches
Manning - Intense and respected by his group, can go overboard at times but passion will do that to you.
Jury - An enigma of sorts, yet to prove he should be coaching this bunch of misfits, has a deeper group to work with this year and could steal one here if he finds the right rotation.

Prediction
South as favourites at home should win by 6-9
Southern to bite back and win by 3

Reply #179653 | Report this post

ballin is life  
Years ago

nice write up. i like. unbiased to either side.
don't see Lalic guarding McKenzie though.

Reply #179667 | Report this post

ballin is life  
Years ago

The Bungey v Pilkington clash will be one to watch i reckon. Could be entertaining and eventful!

Reply #179669 | Report this post

you know who  
Years ago

omfg!!! this is going to be the game of the year, easily... Paul "Can't Believe He's Not On Roids" Smith vs Tom "Saw 5" McKenzie

Reply #179678 | Report this post

fsun  
Years ago

shau diddy better be hitting the court for south. also i dont see shau featured in the pregame thoughts. please let us be honest south winning or losing will depend on wheter or not shau fires. T-who? shau is definatly the player to watch with his silky smooth ball skill and abililty to hot a basket from almost newhere on the court and with almost ne1 gaurding him.

Reply #179689 | Report this post

Snake Plissken  
Years ago

yeah deep thoughts fsun. shau is constantly fired. south win by a land slide.

Reply #179691 | Report this post

fsun  
Years ago

p.s. of course i love tmac i mean the man is arguably the greatest volleyball coach of all time but, he only plays second fiddle to the greatness of shau. and there no shame in that, i mean we all no lamar odom plays secnd fiddle to kobe bryant but they are both great players

Reply #179694 | Report this post

Snake Plissken  
Years ago

yeah that's a given

Reply #179696 | Report this post

Big Cats  
Years ago

Wtf?

Care to elaborate on the mysterious Shau people?

Reply #179712 | Report this post

fsun  
Years ago

do u actually follow these two teams at all?
shau is i dunno 6"4" 6"5". red hair? aka Jarrod 'sharpshoter' Hirst? he recently starred in the u20 div2 summerleague premiership? basically cut the other team to shreds with his mystical ball handeling skills?
he has also won the prestigious tiger medal in primary school for the Glenelg Football Club. This shows that he is just a natural born athlete.
seriously big cats im begining to think u no little or nothing about the greatest game on earth and the greastest player on earth.

Reply #179716 | Report this post

Snake Plissken  
Years ago

u20 div 1 fsun

Reply #179718 | Report this post

fsun  
Years ago

no actually it was div 1

Reply #179719 | Report this post

Big Cats  
Years ago

My bad fsun... i dont really rate too many little boys that are yet to log solid minutes at this level...i'll b sure to look out for him tho.

Will he hit the court or should i go check out an u/20 div 2 game.....

not.

Reply #179720 | Report this post

Snake Plissken  
Years ago

shau hits the court. calm down big cats before someone skins you for your pelt

Reply #179721 | Report this post

What the  
Years ago

Hmmmmmm interesting to see pilkington v bungey write up by big cats i guess he or she hasnt seen to many south games cant remember the last time pilkington got a tech or lost his head,maybe few quite words towards ref but thats bout it!as for bungey definate lose cannon....

Reply #179840 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

You can definitely tell from the quality posts that this is a south and souther thread .

Reply #179841 | Report this post

Snake Plissken  
Years ago

why? because they are absolutely brilliant?

Reply #179848 | Report this post

zoomzoom  
Years ago

lol at shinsplints, hit the nail right on the head!

Southern in a close one for me

Reply #179852 | Report this post

fsun  
Years ago

ha ha ha ha
no please stop big cats ur killing me with ur jokes
man i love wat u did there almost fooled me into thinking u were going to do it but then wow no u said not!!
haha once again well done big cats (thumbs up)

Reply #179862 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:29 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754