LC
Years ago

2008 Albert Schweitzer Tourney

The Emu's are doing really well at the Albert Schweitzer Tournament in Germany right now.
In the first round robin stage the Emu's beat Italy, Russia but fell to Canada. Despite this they still topped their very tough group.
We are through to the second round and the boys thrashed Sweden this morning 72-48 in a very even team performance.
The Aussies face the undefeated Turk's in their next game on Thursday (tonight in Australia) - a win will see them qualify for the semi finals.
Dellavedova is killing it over there, and he has had very good support from a very strong and even team.

Topic #15210 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

PS: Here is a link to the official tourney website.

http://www.ast-basketball.de/index.php?id=112

Reply #179738 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Thanks a lot mate, the website's all in bloody german!

Reply #179894 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Bolks, if you can't work out what it says then you're a moron.

Comfortable win against the Turks, we've got Greece now and if we win that we'll have USA or the Turks again in the GF, based on 5 minutes looking at the website I'm convinced we're going all the way baby!

Reply #179957 | Report this post

Sturt Champs  
Years ago

A great win against Turkey - they had been cruising until they met us!
The Greeks are pretty strong too, although I'm with billo - Emu's all the way!
Dellavedova is going from strength to strength.

Reply #179988 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I just wish we could watch it live! Can anyone point us to a link somewhere? I'm even willing to watch is broadcast in German if that's what it takes!
The Emu's are a very deep team and that is working in their favour as they can maintain the defensive pressure all game and not lose anything on offence.

Reply #179990 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Aussies were beaten by Greece by 5 points in overtime this morning. An even scoring effort from the Aussies, whilst Greece road home a 39-point haul from Pappas on their way to the win.
Turkey (who the Emu's beat earlier) defeated the USA in the other semi to join the Greek's in the final.

Reply #180129 | Report this post

Herb  
Years ago

Bugger the Greeks! Looks like foul trouble hurt the Emus.

Reply #180130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FINAL STANDINGS

1. Greece
2. Turkey
3. Australia
4. USA
5. Canada
6. Argentina
7. Spain
8. Sweden
9. Germany
10. Croatia
11. France
12. Italy
13. Russia
14. New Zealand
15. Israel
16. Netherlands

Reply #180244 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:22 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754