Uwe Blab
Years ago

Bogut on pace for 46, 14 and 6...

The bogey man has had a great half v the Hawks, he has 23 and 7 with 3 blks at the half.

In my world of Fantasy Hoops that equals a 46,14 and 6 performance... :)

Has been in good form lately, especially on the boards, hopefully can go up another gear next season.

Topic #15213 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Was just going to post this...

Good to see him getting numbers even though Redd has 19 points at the half.

Reply #179769 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

I would love to see him drop 50, it would help him get some more recognition that he deserves.

Reply #179772 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I was half-way through starting a topic about how he should be the Bucks' MVP this season. Here's what I'd written (might as well throw it in this thread):

---

Does anyone else think that Bogut could be a Bucks MVP if he hangs around in Milwaukee?

Right now (sorry about the spoiler), he has 23/7/2 at half-time against Atlanta. His numbers this year have been pretty decent. Prior to the ASG, statistically (using HSA/TSNP as a measure) he was on par with Redd and Williams to top the squad. Since the ASG break, his numbers have made him a clear leader for the Bucks though obviously Redd's scoring keeps him at the top of their team.

He's started more games than any other Buck this season, is third in minutes, third in scoring (6th best amongst NBA centres), 4 RPG clear of his nearest rival (The Foetus) on the boards (top ten amongst NBA centres), top Buck in blocks (9th in the league) and his assist numbers are pretty good for a centre (4th best amongst centres in the NBA).

Reply #179773 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

It amazes how little love he actually gets. I understand he plays for Milwaukee and therefore instantly gets little recognition, but it looks like he is developing into a legit 15-10 player. On a team that didn't have so many chuckers he could be even better 20-14-6 (blocks+assists). I would think that there might be some rival teams that would have an eye on him (how would he go on the New Orleans team??)
Could be a big Summer for him as I'm sure the Bucks will need to make some changes.

Reply #179774 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Bogut this season has been the Bucks best (perhaps only) defensive player by far, and has also lifted his offensive production considerably. He should have a good chance of getting the team MVP but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get it. He plays on such an individually driven side that winning comes across as a minor issue as long as someone gets 'their' stats. His critics say that he doesn't always appear to try game in game out but if thats the case you can make the same argument for the rest of the side. I hope the Bucks make some serious changes because their roster and game strategies are such a mess and the chances of any success is minimal.

Reply #179775 | Report this post

DandyBoi  
Years ago

27-9-4-3
Just got subbed out in the 4th with 7 to go. Down by 20 and can't win. sub stops him getting a double-double.

Reply #179776 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And stops him beating his career high of 29.

Reply #179777 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Caree stats so far for the top 10 picks in his draft year:

A Bogut 11.6, 8.4, 2.6
M Williams 11.9, 5.3, 1.4
D Williams 15.3, 2.9, 8.0
C Paul 18.2, 4.5, 9.2
R Felton 13.3, 3.2, 6.5
M Webster 8.1, 3.0, 0.8
C Villaneuva 12.0, 6.1, 1.0
C Frye 9.3, 5.1, 0.8
I Diogu 6.4, 3.3, 0.4
A Bynum 7.2, 5.6 1.0

So Bogut is easily the best performing big so far. I guess the question is what will these numbers look like in five years time? All in all I think he is doing pretty well - I'm not sure his ceiling will be as high as some of the other guys listed there tho.

Reply #179778 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Reading various forums and what not the fans in Milwaukee are talking him up.

Great thing with Bogut this year is he has gone from 0.6 blk per game over 2 years to 1.8 blk per game this year . That is a huge shift and he is now edging towards the elite 2 blk and 1 stl club .

Also the fact that concentrated heavily on defensive effort and rebounding without whinging about not getting a look on O speaks volumes , IMO .

Now the offense is somewhat running thru him , albeit never consistently enough but he is delivering nicely and showing what he is capable of .

Only area in need of big improvement are Free Throws . Sub 60% just doesn't cut it .

Reply #179779 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ROT, I thought the same thing re FT% when checking out his stats before. Performs pretty well in every category bar that one.

Reply #179781 | Report this post

MC's hammertime  
Years ago

Sorry to take the focus off Bogut - but did anyone see that Redd had 19points at the end of the 1ST Quarter, then not another point after that, wtf?

Reply #179790 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

He got subbed off when he did because a team mate accidentally smacked him in the nose on an inbounds pass from the baseline.

Reply #179798 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Loved the first post in the postgame thread over on the bucks realgm board:

'Bogut had 23 points in the first half and was well on his way to shattering his career high.

Then everyone remembered he plays for the Bucks.

So he finished with 27.'

Reply #179801 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

He certainly has started to play like a top 3 pick.. and he is probably the only untradeable player on the Bucks (in terms of ability - marketing in China makes Yi just as untradeable)... Interestingly Larry Harris got the hook just as his most contentious pick started realizing his potential...

Reply #179802 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Isaac ,yeah very solid across the board except FT%.I think he was hovering in the 60's throughout college but has regressed a little since . Maybe physical fatigue is playing a part but i would not like to think u can use that as an excuse .
He has the drive to practice hard and really needs to get in the 65-70% to take that next step .

Reply #179806 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Based on Bynum pre injury

Who is the better big man??

Bynum or Bogut?

Reply #179823 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Fez, IMO Bynum has the higher ceiling but Bogut may have just had the better of him before Bynum went down. However saying that I think by the end of the season had Bynum not been injured he would have overtaken Bogut.

Reply #179829 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Assuming Bynum gets healthy you'd take him over Bogut now for sure. However on draft day Bynum was a much bigger risk than Bogut - he could've turned into Kwame! Bogut was probably a safe choice but not a championship winning choice (like CP3 and Deron). However big men are rare and you history tells us you still need one to win a championship. Comes back to the same question for most draft picks: "Do you pick the best player or pick the position you need help at most?"

Reply #179837 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Ur also forgetting that bynum has kobe to get him the ball and Bogut has NOBODY to get him the ball. Look what happens when they go to him on offence tho, either he creates a basket for himself or others...he will be good if they can find a pass first point guard, because Mo Williams is not.

Just quietly BOBCATS BEAT THE LAKERS TODAY WEE HEEWWWW...its about time.

Reply #179839 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Dr Bullshit thaks for the FUCKING spoiler!! so pisseed at you

Reply #179849 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Oh very sorry kobe..didnt mean to spoil anything just excited. Maybe you should be happy u didnt watch it.. :-S

Reply #179860 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The Bobcats always play the Lakers really well. I remember that triple OT game from a few seasons ago.

Good job lads but your screwing the ping pong race.

It was interesting to see Kobe got tossed for two technical 29 seconds apart in the 4th.

I wish I had $20 on the Cats. Playing in LA would be been a very nice return.

Reply #179861 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I didn't realise that the Cats own the Lakers. The Cats have won four of their last five games.

Just waiting for the comeback from Fez and Kobe ;)

Reply #179864 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

They sure do, thank god bobcats are no were near hitting a finals birth.

Reply #179871 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i hope he walks from the bucks, he is not going to go to a worse team, and will be able to hopefully play in a more "team" orientated side. He is also getting flack for not showing up for some games, and this way we can see if its him or him team that is to blame for some of his bad games.

Reply #179882 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Sums up the Bucks team mentality well (from todays game). Hilarious!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zc11PUnFgkQ

Reply #179906 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

I think Bogut is out of contract this year. Wasn't his rookie signing for 3 years? Could see a few teams persue him.

Reply #179928 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Still got one more year left.

Reply #179938 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He got subbed out before his career high because he received a busted nose with 7 mins to go.

Reply #179962 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

Classic high fives! Me think Bogey was making a non-too subtle point! And good on him too. I hope he ditches them and heads elsewhere.

Reply #179970 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:02 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754