Kent Brockman
Years ago

Ng to Sing

I have had it on good authority that Ninj has accepted an offer to good to refuse to be a Slinger next year

Good for him as he will grow as a player and good for the Slingers as i am sure his heritage will be out to use in the marketing of game there.

Topic #15214 | Report this topic

Tommy  
Years ago

sounds good, who told u

Reply #179828 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

This kid in Melbourne...ah i think his name is Tommy

Reply #179831 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

bad news for sixers.... He definetely improved this year and would be a very good player for the sixers + he is good on points cap...

Reply #179834 | Report this post

Years ago

Does this mean Marcus will follow?

Reply #179835 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Maybe it was Tommy's mum that told you Kent...

Reply #179836 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

she could not speak as her mouth was full last time i saw her

Reply #179838 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

8 points is a lot to pay for Ng, notwithstanding his outstanding improvement in production. I think he would be a great pickup for Singapore (and a huge loss to Adelaide) at 6 points.

Reply #179842 | Report this post

Meaks  
Years ago

I mentioned this last year but nobody took any notice!!!

Reply #179843 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I'll be sad to see him go from the sixers. He was definitely the most improved last season, but with a fit Maher and Davidson, he might get more time with the Slingers.

Has he actually finished his studies? Will he continue in Singapore?

Reply #179854 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It almost happened last year too.

I think this will be great for the league. Loads of minutes for Darren and will help make Singapore more competitive.

Reply #179868 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'd heard him mention likely to stay here due to his medical career. Must have sorted something out.
Wonder about Marcus. And Boti mentioned Singapore also made Dodman an offer.

Reply #179870 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i said it in another post, due to his great development and brett's situation the following year i would overpay to keep him here this year and make his contact well structured to take over from brett as the full time SG from then on. If brett was happy to come off the bench this year, the better. I just think his development is too great to let him go now and his clearly the replacement for brett.

Reply #179877 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It seemed to be a long term thing here. Given time off to study etc. ?

Reply #179879 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah but if he can finish his studies and get nice coin he will go that way and if thats the slingers he would head over i would imagine. Thats why i like the idea of overpaying this year to retain him, and work it out so that when brett leaves he gets his just deserves and fills our SG need.

Reply #179880 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Yeh i agree a huge loss for the 36ers this should not of happened.We cannot replace him with a similar player worth the same points as him due to his loyalty points.Big mistake Ninnis should of done more to keep him here.

Reply #179884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what if ninnis has a budget he has to work with

Reply #179886 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Well we bagged the previous guy for that so is this going to be different he had a budget and kept Ng.

Reply #179890 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

personally i would rather have a lower scrub player and use the extra cash on ng. to me it just seems so obvious that he has now stepped up to a new level and that with brett leaving the following year he must be kept. After brett leaves where is our starting SG? i guess you could go import but you would be paying more than ng anyway would you not.

Reply #179891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where else are you going to use your import spot? not going to win a championship with ng as your starting shooting guard. good shooter but not tough enough and not good enough on defense. only really need a centre otherwise and import centres are very hard to get.

Reply #179897 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

SF,C,PG, Point forward. NG was very solid when brett was out.

Reply #179898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

theyve got their SF and PG. got ballinger holmes and davidson. get hodge if we're lucky and where do you put ng?

Reply #179900 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

I'm glad we didn't throw a tonne of cash at him. He's in a position where if he doesn't get enough $$ he can just trade the orange rock for a stethoscope and turn a pretty penny.

Also, when we play singapore, do you think Ninny's going to say to the boys: "lads, let's just play them in the half. we've got no sherriff to guard S.MacDonald, who's picking up helms?, and let's just wait till Ng hits a few triples before we respect his shot"

or will it be "let's get up in their jocks, let's straight up deny their other guard the ball, and bump and hustle NG all night."

Good on the young fella though, his old man's got connections (remember that trip his old man funded when he was a development player), so i'm sure he's got a fallback with extended family etc should b/ball not work out next year.

On the flip side, it's exactly the drawcard that the slingers have required since joining our league, and should help immensly (sp?) in drawing a crowd for the slingers.

Reply #179927 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Hey Pete we beat Singapore by 29 in our last game so i hope Ninnis says all that stuff and we see a better result dont really get your point.

Reply #179931 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Wow Kent.
Your a Poet and didn't even know it!

Reply #179944 | Report this post

on the ball  
Years ago

will be sorely missed, good luck Darren.

Reply #179955 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

With regard to the "Sixers hould have done more" comments.

You MAY find that the conditions around his medical degree were easier to manage through Singapores system, than they are here in Australia.

MAYBE it's just that Singapore was able to provide him an environment where he could play AND not throw his long term career down the toilet.

Not saying that's the case, but Darren is in very exceptional circumstances, and WHERE he is may make a lot of difference. Singapore may be the best option for MANY reasons.

Not always about throwing more money at the problem.

Reply #179956 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Oh Sturty i know it all right

Reply #179959 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

Ng to sing.....National Anthem??
Might be a duet according to Boti today.

Reply #180015 | Report this post

Cat 15 - do you have a link to Boti's comments ?

Reply #180022 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

' Darren Ng may not be the only Ng heading to Singapore for the 2008-09 NBL season '

Boti Nagy Hang Time Advertiser 28/3.
www.adelaidenow.com.au later today or tomorrow.

Reply #180025 | Report this post

Is Darren getting married ? If not then Marcus would be a good addition as a rookie too.

Reply #180027 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Why does Darren getting married have anything to do with Marcus playing?

Reply #180028 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Darren is engaged, but not sure if there's a date set for a wedding. Are you thinking that Tam might be the other Ng heading over?

Darren and Marcus over there would be great for the league. Will get them some highlights.

If they add that Filipino, Castro, then they'll be looking up.

Import/Castro
Ng/Allen or Charleton?
Grizzard/Ng
Knight/whoever wants a job
Janev/Cameron

Reply #180035 | Report this post

Phizzer ...my assumption was just based on the way Boti sometimes play with words.....I have not see the article in the newspaper ..........

Anyway ....at this stage I think from Isaac's list you can forget Cameron. My guess is he is waiting for the Dragons. Most likely more good surprised to come.

Reply #180040 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

I see...... Nice one.

Really want to see the Slingers thrive and survive in the NBL.

Reply #180044 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti's emailed to let us know that the article is online: Ng to Singapore.

Reply #180078 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Dicko as usual trying to find a reason he would leave other than the obvious.His medical side has nothing to do with it just a better offer simple really.Same reason Holmes and Foreman left although others try to put a different take on it money talks.Holmes is back because our offer is way better than the Dragons nearly double i hear.Same reason Ng is leaving.

Reply #180083 | Report this post

HGAS  
Years ago

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23446269-5006371,00.html

Darren Ng Formally signed with sigapore 2day
more at the link

Reply #180108 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:42 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754