Isaac
Years ago

Liam Flynn confirmed as 36ers assistant

Liam Flynn has been confirmed as the second assistant coach at the 36ers for the coming season.

Read more at the 36ers' site

Congratulations Liam.

Topic #15217 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

just need a first now... ;)

Reply #179872 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

my bad, its richard hill.

Reply #179873 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Would Ninnis have made this decision or more likely other people at the club?

Reply #179875 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

SturtySixers.

Reply #179876 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Ninnis made the call as he did with Richard good luck boys

Reply #179881 | Report this post

LOL  
Years ago

your kidding yourselves if you think that Ninnis got to pick his first assistant, RHILL was going to be there no matter who got it. He may have picked this position how ever

Reply #179883 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Ninnis certainly did pick Hill and your kidding yourself if you think he didnt.Bauer told people he was on his application and Ninnis has told people same thing so lol get your facts straight.

Reply #179888 | Report this post

ha  
Years ago

So much for Scheuller getting the job!

Reply #179892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schuller might have to go out and get a real job now

Reply #179899 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

agreed kad, looks like again you need to be associated with a certain club to get anywhere in Adelaide.

Reply #179901 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Dont get me wrong, as a Sturt junior, I have a soft spot in my heart for anything Sturt. Im interested to know more about Flynn. All I know about him is;

- Sturt mens coach
- Technical Co-ordanator at Sixers last year.

Reply #179903 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

To clarify, FORMER Sturt junior!

Reply #179904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sapwell Norwood
Brooks Woodville
Hill Eastern

Reply #179905 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He was in a voluntary position with the 36ers last season and has experience with the video software they use at the club - might've worked in his favour. (Cue haters saying 'anyone can use video software' and missing the point.)

Reply #179907 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Issac, are you certain that was a voluntary position? It was advertised as a full time, paying position.

Reply #179909 | Report this post

Sturt Parent  
Years ago

I am so glad that my under 12 div 4 son will play get an automatic spot with the sixers.
Seriously give it a rest.
Liam was treated like shit by the sixers last season,and if I was him I would tell them to shove the job, being told to sit in the stands away from the bench is a big swallow for anyone.
You will struggle to find anyone that applies more effort and dedication to the sport and the groups he is involved with, infact you could almost say he is painfully over the top.
Good luck Liam, good to see your efforts have been rewarded.

Reply #179911 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't believe that the second assistant and technical positions were paid, but might be wrong. This year I think there is a small allocation for the position?

We gave Liam crap now and then about him having to sit up at the camera spot, but I never heard him complain once.

Reply #179917 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

He was asked to sit up there to get a different view similar to the AFL coaches box.Liam said it did give quite a different view and thought it was really innovative.He said he was treated with the utmost respect by Phil.In fact he was positive in all aspects.Good Luck hope the good work continues.

Reply #179930 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

No kad, It wasn't me.

Reply #179946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he can now start recruiting some more country kids to suck up to

Reply #179982 | Report this post

ha  
Years ago

How can he when Forestville are telling the country kids they have to play for them?

Reply #180136 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:27 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754