Anonymous
Years ago

36ers Sponsor

On wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008-09_NBL_Season) it says that ABC Learning Centres are the 36ers major sponsor. But aren;t they just a minor sponsor. We didn't really have a major sponsor in 07/08 did we?

Topic #15266 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you see a game this season? I would've thought Jarvis was an obvious major sponsor.

Reply #180308 | Report this post

Sturt Champions  
Years ago

Should be targetting the banks for some cash...they have enough of it.

Reply #180309 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jarvis and ABC were sponsors, but I don't believe they were major or naming rights sponsors.

Reply #180311 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Pura Milk were still sponsors as well.

I thought I heard somewhere there was a move by Hemmerling to remove the 'major sponsor' role within the club, to create a cleaner, stronger branding of "Adelaide 36ers".

Reply #180313 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

It's freaking Wikipedia - which means it's not necessarily factual!

Reply #180315 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Weren't ABC on the jersey? And we did have all those stickers on the court.

Reply #180334 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, and that means they're a sponsor.

Any time the team name was mentioned, it was as "Adelaide 36ers" rather than the "Adelaide Pura Milk 36ers" of the past. Whether they were waiting for the right partner or it was a specific strategy (as Kev has suggested), is another matter.

Reply #180335 | Report this post

Fat Bottomed Girl  
Years ago

I have this argument with my daughter all the time.

Do not trust Wikipedia as your sole source of information. If you do you will be tripped up by it sooner or later.

Most kids these days are quoting Wikipedia as fact, but unless you can cross reference the info from another source, dont trust it.

Reply #180338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ABC might have been on their jersey
but Jarvis was on their arse

Reply #180441 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

I think it was the NBL radio guys during the Blaze v 36ers game towards the end of the season who referred to someone returning to the bench as "Having to go spend some time on his Jarvis", which I thought was a good line.

Reply #180479 | Report this post

DandyBoi  
Years ago

What about a Tuna company investing in the 36ers?
If they play like last season then they will stink!

Reply #180480 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:23 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754