DICKO
Years ago

Dragons Press Conference tomorrow 1pm

Dragons have announced a Press Conference for 1pm tomorrow. This is in relation to the "Coaching future of the Crazy Johns South Dragons".

Goorj? Or have they given up waiting?

Topic #15277 | Report this topic

Rat10  
Years ago

You would have thought that the Dragons would have given Goorj more time unless he has told them that he has accepted a position coaching for a college or European team.

Reply #180430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear Gorj has signed with Dragons and Guy will assist him??

Reply #180432 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Goorj will be announced tomorrow as the HC with Molloy as assistant.

Reply #180433 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Where's Philbert?

Reply #180436 | Report this post

Hoops 14  
Years ago

Whilst Goorj leaving the kings was bad for them, coaching the Dragons is probably the best thing for basketball in Melbourne. All three derbies should sell out and hopefully the tigers move there derby to Rod laver as playing it at the Cage is the most idiotic move ever.

Reply #180437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just great, now South will do well...

Reply #180442 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

For a few weeks, until someone else within the club decides they want to be coach and begins a plan to get rid of Goorj, a la Heal to Price, Molloy to Heal, etc.

Reply #180448 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Will he still have to mention Heal as his childhood idol?

Reply #180452 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Goorj is at the Dragons his international record is not good.He would have no European offers due to this and i would suggest college offers would be zero.Small colleges maybe something in div 2 but not the big colleges.They would only be interested in his international record not NBL

Reply #180455 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

Waz speaking to Al today and he reckns Goorj is gunna go to college and coach there.

Stacker is da man at the Dragons.

Dont matter much tho as Tigers will beat them

Reply #180456 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yep - whatever Tommy.
Goorj is signing for 3 years. No talk on $$$ figure though.

Looking like Molloy as assistant.

Kendall and Smith signatures to also be announced within 2 weeks.

On another note, Cairns are apparently working OT in trying to get Wortho's signature. Just about everything is being thrown at him to commit to a 2 or 3 year deal. I suppose that with the anticipated loss of Jawai to US or Europe, they are looking for a 'marquee' Aussie player.

Reply #180458 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

LC which marquee Aussie are the 36ers chasing?Worthington would certainly be great for us

Reply #180461 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The only Aussie player the 36ers are chasing that I would consider a potential 'marquee' player would be Luke Schenscher.
There is not a hope in hell that Wortho will end up her in Adelaide. I know he has been approached by just about every Aussie club, and he is reportedly narrowed it down to three: Melbourne, Dragons or Cairns. A week ago I would have sworn he was headed to Victoria, but I reckon that Cairns now look like the front runner to me.

Reply #180463 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I think Luke Kendall today signed with the kings. Its on fox sports news

Reply #180465 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Worthington is not worth what he's asking (almost half the salary cap) and, if we have Holmes, we don't have room for him.

Goorjian had offers from multiple European clubs and US colleges.

Reply #180466 | Report this post

Bradfan  
Years ago

LC - what's with this article(web link below)stating that Kendall has already signed with the Kings? Has he or hasn't he?

http://www.gaze.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1021&Itemid=7

Also seems to think Perth are in with a chance with Worthington. I just love this time of year with all the speculation!!

Reply #180467 | Report this post

Bradfan  
Years ago

Isaac, can you confirm that Goorjian has knocked back all these offers and is signing with the Dragons?

Reply #180468 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

hehe tommy's post are so funny, i wonder if his al is like milko or some other imaginary friend

Reply #180470 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bradfan, sounds like that's what the announcement will be, but believe it when you hear it from Goorjian and the Dragons themselves I guess.

Seems like Kendall has signed to stay with the Kings, along with Tovey, Saville, Crosswhite (some were already contracted).

Reply #180476 | Report this post

DandyBoi  
Years ago

There's nothing on Fox Sports website about Kendall???

Reply #180482 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Issac can you name any of the multiple clubs ?European or American

Reply #180484 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Unsure of names but good sources are confident. UC seems to have been mentioned as one? Watch for what King of Kings (from OzHoops) says - they have a good idea what's going on around the Kings.

Reply #180490 | Report this post

Moggs  
Years ago

I'm seriously hoping it is BG. It'll be like old school week, going back to Magic days. Ah, those were the days.

Also, can I point out that the press conference announcement is at 10am, not 1pm. (and counting!)

Reply #180494 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

So the reality is there arent any just a good sales pitch that where supposed to believe.A reliable source couldnt give you one name from multiple offers.Does sound a like a beat up a very good one Stacker used this one a few years back

Reply #180498 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Joker, shut up you annoying tool

Reply #180500 | Report this post

Hithere!  
Years ago

Fantastic news for dragons.

Would of liked to have had Kendall though.

Reply #180502 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I didn't ask the source for names. They were willing to publically name one and reference others - I didn't pester them for more, but know that they get very reliable info.

Reply #180503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC, frankly, you're an idiot. Kendall has re-signed with the Kings and Smith has been leading the action to keep last years team together and to get Tomlinson as head coach. He's expected to re-sign himself.

Dragons may well have gotten their hands on a prize King, just not the two you continually mention as certainties.

Reply #180511 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Whatever...yes Kendall signed with Sydney...I got that wrong. Yes Smith has indicated he would like to stay - still yet to sign the dotted line though, along with Wortho. I'm not the first and will certainly not be the last to predict wrongly.

Goorj officially announced as Dragons HC just moments ago for 3 years - oh I got that one right - something I predicted months ago!!!

Reply #180519 | Report this post

Oldschool  
Years ago

Bring the title home baby

The bald dome has landed and Dragons reborn

Lets hope that 40K per year Vitamen Program will get us better

Reply #180525 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Where does this leave the signing of Holmes?

If we cannot or do not sign Holmes then Luke Schenscher is a must and then sign an import small forward, preferably Hodges.

Reply #180526 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754