Isaac
Years ago

NBL slashes budgets, nets gone

Cuts to the NBL's budget have forced a drastic measure with word out of the league office that nets have been slashed. Players have been asked to make "swish" noises for successful shots to minimise the loss to the game atmosphere for fans.

I found this photo:

(Credit to 'RJD' for the idea and permission to re-abuse it.)

Topic #15280 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I thought the Nets played in the NBA all this time

Reply #180520 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

The whole Ozho avatar magazine from 'rjd' is hilarious. Worth checking his work out on Ozhoops.

Reply #180521 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I thought for a second you meant the website was gone and just totally cursed the league!

Reply #180522 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

Excellent initiative by the NBL. It more than makes up for some previous blunders (Hobart, Canberra, Hunter, points ratings, salary caps etc).

But despite their excellence on this decision they appear to have missed another obvious cost cutting option. The refs have long been overpaid and going from two to three just made things worse. Scrap all the refs and go to a "call your own fouls" system. Players are used to this during trainings so I don't predict any hiccups with its introduction to games as well. The money saved could go towards an extra churros stand for every stadium.

Reply #180528 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

Or if a team is held below 100 they can hand out tacos to the crowd. Or meat pies...

Reply #180611 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I like the mag thingo RJD has on ozhoops too :)

Reply #180625 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:18 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754