Anonymous
Years ago

Bad news finals hopefuls..

Spurs are clicking at the right time of the year...again... Winners of 8 straight.
Thats real bad news for people hoping to see an action packed finals series- can you imagine a Boston v New Orleans??!!!
Most likely a spurs pistons finals...
Basketball purists book your seats.

Topic #15308 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

boston in 6 vs the spurs with KG too tear Timmy D a new one

Reply #180759 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I want to see Lakers v Celtics

Reply #180768 | Report this post

RMall  
Years ago

Spurs in June, Death and Taxes people.

Reply #180778 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I still don't get how 'pure' basketball ended up being slow, grind it out, score 85 and you win basketball...

Reply #180780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think a concept of *defence* has something to do with it...

Reply #180781 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Any of the top 9 in the West (except Dallas, my pick to finish 9th) can make the Finals. Any of those 8 teams are capable of beating any other in a 7-game series. The question is who can do it three times, and IMHO it'll come down to matchups between teams during the Playoffs, and even then each series will be decided by which team plays better in one pivotal game. I wouldn't expect any series to finish in less than 6 games.

Reply #180782 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Yeah, and how does that make it more 'pure' than any other style?

I should point out that I enjoy watching the Spurs, and don't have a problem with their style of basketball, and I know that good D wins you rings, it just irks me that some seem to think that there is a right way and a wrong way to play basketball.

Reply #180783 | Report this post

And if you were a purist, you'd be stuck watching crappy college games final score 40-35.

Reply #180812 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Agreed 24. I remember when the Sixers were winnnig titles agains the Magic/Titans in the late 90s the consensus was that our free flowing style of game was a more "pure" form of basketball than Goorj's robots. Whatever style the most recent champion plays seems to dictate what is "pure" basketball, which is ridiculous.

Reply #180824 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:49 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754