Isaac
Years ago

Breakers looking at Schenscher?

From Boti's article today:

But its chances of securing 216cm centre Luke Schenscher have suffered a setback with the NBA-experienced big-man actively being courted by New Zealand Breakers.
Read the full article

Could be an interesting move that gives the Breakers some help on the boards now that Mika Vukona is a free agent and (word is) headed to the Dragons.

Potential line-up could be:

Turner/Henare
Penney/Jones
Forman/Rookie
Rickert/Ronaldson
Schenscher/Behrendorff

...but they'd need to re-rate a few players?

As the article says, the 36ers are also in pursuit of Schensch. Could be headed for a showdown. Wallets at 50 paces.

Topic #15309 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Well, they say bad things come in threes and that would be the third young SA star in 5 years to not ink his name on a Sixers contract.

Reply #180786 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Noticed Rickert is back playing D League os hopefully his back has healed up as he was an important part of the Breakers

Reply #180792 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hey Skip, yes it would be bad. He's a top player and a great guy. I think the others may have been personality clashes with Voldy.

How does the Schenchmeister get on with Ninns?

Reply #180795 | Report this post

Dog 58  
Years ago

If Schenscher is taken by another club at least Phil won't get the blame this time ground.

Reply #180796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I for one would be rather disappointed to see him sign elsewhere! He always said it was a dream of his to don the Sixers jersey....I guess time will tell if that statement is true or not?!

Reply #180800 | Report this post

Footy-Pie  
Years ago

is kersten headed back to NZ?

Reply #180803 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

If the Sixer cannot fit him under the salary cap or point cap he has to sign with someone.

If we cannot get his points reduced then I see we cannot hold him back.

Reply #180804 | Report this post

New Name  
Years ago

This is clearly Paul Bell using Breakers to get his client a better offer. Very surprised if Adelaide fall for this as there is no way Luke will play for another NBL team away from Adelaide.

Reply #180814 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

New Name, why not? He hasn't had an trouble doing that in the past...

Reply #180822 | Report this post

Curb  
Years ago

why is it clear this is Paul Bells work? Oscar and Luke have been good friends for years.... one phone call from a mate to a mate and a interested club could set this type of thing up very easily.

Reply #180830 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Footy Pie - I think NZ might consider letting Kersten go if Adelaide had a bigger opportunity for him. I don't think there is room for him in their ten though. Is he still young enough to take a development spot?

Curb, you're right, but Bell would have a reasonable relationship with the Breakers I imagine with Forman and Kersten there.

Reply #180848 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754