mark
Years ago

36ers line up

what chance have the 36ers got of signing RYCHART to season 2008,2009 if BALLINGER becomes naturalised ?????????

Topic #15310 | Report this topic

Unley  
Years ago

Why..........
Hodge's signing last year proved if we look hard, we can get beeter than we have had...........
Getting Dusty would be going backwards......
Dusty is a great player, but I don't think he is what we need......

Reply #180799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree.....Dusty wouldnt be a required player with Ballinger in the side. Signing Dusty would be a waste of a potential import spot if you ask me!!

Reply #180801 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Id say adelaide target an athletic SG-SF import.

We need them to replace Ng

Davidson/Maher
Import/Rookie or young guy.. herbert? dwayne vale?
Hodge/Holmes
Ballinger/Holmes
Schenscher/Cooper

Thats only if ballinger gets naturalised early on

Reply #180802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A second Holmes?

Reply #180805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

boti said that ballinger probably wouldn't be naturalised in march 09 so that'll mean he probably wont be naturalised till the start of the season after 08/09.

Reply #180806 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

I think we should save points. It would be nice to have Luke playing, but lets face it, we could use the points. We should target maybe Maric who just finished in Nabraska College. He has an outside to slim chance of playing in the NBA and a above average chance of playing in Europe, but why not save the points and get a Centre that would only maybe be worth 8

Reply #180816 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

If anyone gets Maric, I'd be very shocked. After his college career, you'd think he'd be able to get some huge offers from Euro (I also assume he can get/has a Euro passport?). But he would be incredible to get, defintely worth a look.

Reply #180820 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

mark..... another south australian with an unhealthy obsession with dusty rychart.
it might be time for him to take out a few restraining orders- haha!

Reply #180863 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

using the NBL's points system wouldnt Maric be a 10... similar to big Luke? "Maric who just finished in Nabraska College. He has an outside to slim chance of playing in the NBA and a above average chance of playing in Europe"

Reply #180866 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, he'd be a 3 - college player. Would only be a 10 if he played in NBA or Europe, not just if he was a chance to play in those leagues.

e.g., I think Loughton was a 10 as he played 6-12 months in Europe. Kickert would be a 10. Penney was a 10 last season because he came via NBA/Europe.

Luke is a 10 because he had a couple of NBA stints (not sure if they count the Euro signing).

Reply #180868 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Are we just going to bury our heads in the sand and not recognise we don't have a point guard!!!!
Davidson and Maher are not going to be healthy all year, especially if we ask them to start in our backcourt. We need to find a young point guard, with long arms to bring up the rock, set the offence, then start us off in D by harassing the oppositions ball handler. How hard can that be to find, there is like a million of them in the college system and development leagues in the states.
We don't need a scorer, we need a new floor leader.

Reply #180976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quad.....you dont think Hodge is capable of this?? Should Hodge make the NBA im sure the sixers will use their import spot to fill this void!!

Reply #180999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horvath has been mentioned as being naturalised in another thread

If we can't sign Schenscher, is Horvath worth looking at as our centre, with Cooper off the bench?

Horvath had a great season with Adelaide (despite being foul prone) and perhaps would play better under Ninnis? (Horvath never got enough of the ball playing under Smyth yet still was one of our best players at the time)

Reply #181074 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:07 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754