brisvegas
Years ago

Bullets to announce new owners

hey I hear the bullets are looking good to get an 11th hour buyer! Stay posted should be announced any day !

Topic #15320 | Report this topic

Betty Leadfoot  
Years ago

Hope so because we certainly have had some good competition with them over the years. Hate to lose a foundation club.

Wish them all the best except when they play the sixers.

Reply #180958 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

they've been telling us that for weeks!
i'm starting to hit breaking point.
the fans need a buyer.
they need to keep whatever players are left.
it's ^%$#@&* demoralising.....
i am crossing my fingers, toes and nuts, because we can't take it anymore!

Reply #180959 | Report this post

Curb  
Years ago

Oh c'mon duh!, they cheated the system, the players they had were all getting paid so much over the salary cap it was demoralizing for the other teams and fans! Karma is a MOFO, hope they survive, but deserve to start from scratch, as most of those players shouldn't have been signed!

Reply #180977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ironic then that the Bullets might get new owners on the same day CJ announces he's found yet another new cash cow.

Reply #180979 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

curb,
EVERYBODY has been over the cap, and the points system has it's problems.
don't be so bitter about the bullets- it wasn't that long ago that they did start from scratch and those boys are tight on court and off, and pretty stressed out.
yes, they will find other clubs if need be, but this is my home team and you only get one childhood team.
i have been there is the good years and the bad ones (when there were other teams able to afford better than us) and been here through thick and thin for 21 years- that aint gonna change.
when your team starts to bring in the dollars and then has the rug swept from under them will you have the ability to say to yourself what you are saying to me?
these guys are trying everything to stay where they are and i don't think it's got a lot to do with money coz we all know there will have to be significant changes to the squad even if they stay alive.
they've willingly offered to take pay cuts to keep it afloat.
greedy money hungry bastards don't repeatedly offer to take pay cuts or have a one month committment to not resign with another club when they're being chased by people who will move mountains for them to sign with them..... they are doing their best to say, thanks, but i'm gonna hold off for as long as i can where i am.

Reply #180993 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

http://linky.com.au/drocj

(from fox sports)

Reply #180994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's all very sweet duh, but the Bullets weren't bringing in the money, never have, and at least three of your key roster members have signed or are within an inch of signing with other clubs as of this morning.

Reply #180995 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

There are 2 problems with that Fox story

Reply #181000 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

CJ playing for Brisbane and respected ;)

Reply #181004 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

smells like Cal pimping CJ possibly. YOu give me a job and i can make my son stay here type of thing

Reply #181005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon, one being Gibson?

Reply #181008 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

you gotta love these 'anonymous' people that come on here and say stuff like that.
must take a lotta balls.... NOT.

Reply #181033 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

gibson is apparently going to the dragons with mackinnon and cj is apparently already signed with perth.
who is this 4th player everybody is talking about that's signed or signing?
i bet you any money it will be an anonymous person that comes back to share their infinite wisdom with us- we are blessed!

Reply #181034 | Report this post

Wildcats  
Years ago

Joey wright and Cj are pretty much Wildcats. will be official within a week.

Reply #181059 | Report this post

Natalia  
Years ago

Duh! Better an anonymous person who is putting forth their opinion to a named person who is complaining because they don't like other people's opinions and just wants a name so as to single out another person.

and I don't think every team was over the cap I mean I know the sixers were probably over due to the axing of Chappel and Newly leaving after being signed, but I don't think West Sydney, South Melb, Singapore or NZ would have been over. really the only teams i would have thought to be over by a lot would have been Brisbane, Sydney, Perth and possibly Melb.

the reason I say this is because it is becoming more common for players to look at the ratio between years and money so they are likely to have big money contracts however if they have a 3-4 year contract then it isn't as much as it sounds. but the teams mentioned above as possibly over the cap all seem to sign players year by year which would be less cost effective.

Reply #181065 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

uh, yeah whatever.
so you're telling me that the fact that you hide behind the screen name anonymous means that you're exempt from people disagreeing with you?
most ppl here have a screen name, and somebody disagreeing with you doesn't mean the end of the world- we all disagree with eachother but we're not so paranoid about it that we hide behind a veil of secrecy.
tommy writes some *cough* interesting stuff all the time- do you think that stops him posting?
do you think the rest of us try to find out where he lives so we can do a driveby?
as if!
i like my transparency..... most people here like their transparency as well, so your excuse still doesn't wash.... anonymous really doesn't make you BETTER...

getting back to the topic, wildcat (glad you post a screen name- now i know what to call you! lol) when do you think the announcement might get made?
i have a feeling that when joey either gets a buyer (so as to not distract from the attempted sale) or when they decide they have given up do you think they'll wait till then?
personally, if i was a potential buyer, i'd like to know what sort of future plans the club has like playing roster, coach, etc...
i guess that must be putting some buyers off.

Reply #181146 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bullets have found new owners and a deal has been struck.

"Logan-based shelving and shopfittings magnate David Kemp has been unmasked as the man and the money behind buying the club licence from nine-year owner Eddy Groves."

http://linky.com.au/iivut

I can now see Sam, Adam and the rest staying put at Brisbane now.

Reply #182452 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

we've known since a week after semi game 2 that ebi would be moving on, so none of what the reports about him that are coming out publicly now are surprises to any of the fans.
at least we still have a ball club, as much as i love ebi- i wish him the best.

Reply #182462 | Report this post

Hoody  
Years ago

At least the Bullets will still be around and hopefully for many more years to come. It would now be good to hear that Mackinnon, Gibson, Bruton and Co. are staying so the team can remain competitive.

Reply #182469 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:36 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754