iamtehmaster
Years ago

NBA Awards... my picks

ALL-FIRST TEAM
C - Dwight Howard
F - Kevin Garnett
F - Lebron James (on second team if Spurs clinch first seed)
G - Kobe Bryant
G - Chris Paul

ALL-SECOND TEAM
C - Marcus Camby
F - Tim Duncan (on first team if Spurs clinch first seed)
F - Amare Stoudemire
G - Tracy McGrady
G - Deron Williams

ALL-THIRD TEAM
C - Tyson Chandler
F - Dirk Nowitzki (If Mavs don't make playoffs, Boozer is here or if Nuggets make it Melo)
F - Paul Pierce
G - Allen Iverson (Baron Davis here, if Nuggets fail to make playoffs, and Warriors make it)
G - Steve Nash

---

ALL-ROOKIE FIRST TEAM
C - Al Horford
F - Luis Scola
F - Al Thornton
G - Kevin Durant
G - Juan Carlos Navarro

ALL-ROOKIE SECOND TEAM
C - Joakim Noah
F - Thaddeous Young
F - Jamario Moon
G - Rodney Stuckey
G - Mike Conley

---

ALL-DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM
C - Marcus Camby
F - Kevin Garnett
F - Bruce Bowen
G - Kobe Bryant
G - Chris Paul

ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM
C - Tyson Chandler
F - Tim Duncan
F - Josh Smith
G - Andre Iguodala
G - Jason Kidd

---

Most Valuable Player: Chris Paul
Rookie of the Year: Kevin Durant
Defensive Player of the Year: Marcus Camby
Sixth Man of the Year: Manu Ginobili
Coach of the Year: Byron Scott
GM of the Year: Danny Ainge

---

defensive teams were hard to do =\

Topic #15384 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Agree on all, except your MVP =]

Reply #181600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahah kobe-for-MVP your a loser
chris paul deserves it by far
he shuld get it
he is the most valuable player

Reply #181601 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

anon i dont agree.

Chris Paul is the future, his time will come.

Reply #181602 | Report this post

Sam Fisher  
Years ago

his time is now

Reply #181605 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Pretty good list on the whole, haven't followed the NBA closely enough to make too many comments other than to say you're a pretty hard task master if there's no spot on the first team for a guy averaging 30, 8 and 7 if the Spurs clinch the first seed!

Reply #181618 | Report this post

Chris Paul makes everyone around him play better while putting up rediculously good numbers for a guard his size. If his team finish top then he should definetly get it. nuff said

Reply #181619 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Good list. The only thing would be whether or not they count Amare as a C or PF.

And if Paul doesn't win MVP, then it is a joke. He made that team that good almost single-handedly. Kobe has a great season too, but he finally has a great team because he finally has some good teammates.

Reply #181633 | Report this post

LJ  
Years ago

Chris Paul makes everyone around him better

I remember a player not to long ago that did this and won 2 mvps in a row

Steve Nash!

CP3 for MVP

Reply #181634 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

ALL-FIRST TEAM
C - Dwight Howard
F - Kevin Garnett
F - Lebron James
G - Kobe Bryant
G - Chris Paul

ALL-SECOND TEAM
C - Marcus Camby
F - Tim Duncan
F - Amare Stoudemire
G - Steve Nash
G - Manu Ginobli

ALL-THIRD TEAM
C - Yao Ming
F - Carlos Boozer
F - David West
G - Baron Davis
G - Deron Williams

---

ALL-ROOKIE FIRST TEAM
C - Al Horford
F - Luis Scola
F - Al Thornton
G - Kevin Durant
G - Juan Carlos Navarro

ALL-ROOKIE SECOND TEAM
C - Joakim Noah
F - Thaddeous Young
F - Jamario Moon
G - Rodney Stuckey
G - Mike Conley

---

ALL-DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM
C - Marcus Camby
F - Kevin Garnett
F - Bruce Bowen
G - Kobe Bryant
G - Chris Paul

ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM
C - Tyson Chandler
F - Tim Duncan
F - Josh Smith
G - Andre Iguodala
G - Jason Kidd

---
Most improved player: Al Jefferson
Most Valuable Player: Chris Paul
Rookie of the Year: Kevin Durant
Defensive Player of the Year: Marcus Camby
Sixth Man of the Year: Manu Ginobili
Coach of the Year: Byron Scott
GM of the Year: Danny Ainge

hard to not put Duncan in the all NBA 1st team since he has made it every year hes been in the league

Reply #181635 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

So ridiculous "Chris Paul makes everyone better"

What like every MVP candidate ever in the history of MVP candidates?

What has kobe been doing all year? Have people been watching laker games? He might not have the assist numbers but the amount of times a player scores because of the attention he draws and the decisions he makes is amazing. If it was counted an assist when you passed to the guy who made the simple extra pass for a dunk, kobe would lead the league.

Plus, Pauls' had a healthy roster all season...Kobe hasn't...Pauls had amazing seasons from David West, Peja and Chandler (yes because of Paul, but West is a beast by himself, so too Peja)

how can you say chris pauls time is now? he is what 23? not at his full potential (which is scary)...Kobe is at the peak of his career, playing his best basketball, and is the only great player in the game without an MVP...so kobes time isnt it?

Not saying it'd be a joke if Paul won it - obviously that'd make sense - but why are people talking like its obvious and not considering Kobe - THATs a joke

Chandler in NBA 2nd team might be a bigger joke though..

Reply #181639 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

And its an even bigger joke that one of the top ten players of all time doesnt have an MVP yet

Reply #181641 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Top 10? OK....

He hasn't won one yet because he wasn't the best player on his team when he was winning, and has since either missed the playoffs, or got bounced in the first round.

Reply #181643 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

eddies biased friend - CP's size should have nothing to do with whether he wins or not, it's all about how valuable he is irrespective of his body size and shape. If people are judged by the their stats compared to their size then surely Iverson would have won it for the last 10 years instead of the 7 footers in Nowitski, Duncan and Shaq.

Reply #181658 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

twenty-four...are u serious...

I actually cant believe a player is heavily bagged...like REALLY REALLY bagged for not winning a championship in 5 seasons...I dont get that all...that seems to the be what everyone falls back on when kncoking Kobe. 5 seasons and no ring...what a bum eh...(like 40 other stars in the league). So because he had a three-peat, when he isn't there people go 'ta ta ta...kobe failed again' ??? He was on his own when Shaq left and absolultey carried a bunch of drop-kicks (Smush parker starting PG, Kwame Brown starting C...) to the playoffs. Shaq went to Miami and yay now he has Wade, J-Will, Walker (a good one), Payton etc...he wasn't the best player when they won.

THIS JUST IN - EVERY SUPERSTAR NEEDS A GREAT ROSTER TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS - how many times have I said that - tell me ONE...ONE championship team thats been all about an individual??? He hasn't had the talent to win shit all...and look at their roster now - bit better isnt it? and whats happening? 2nd best record in the West...

Top 10 of all time...how about yes...or is because you one of those that rubs one out over the older players because they are so glorified..just becuase we are witnessing it RIGHT NOW - it stills means its historical...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_bryant/career_stats.html

maybe you want to check that out..10 all-star games, ridiculous scoring averages/totals (the best scorer in the game since MJ..by far), career averages of 25 5 5, an excitement machine, one of the best clutch players ever, 3 rings, what more do you want? really...whose been better than him (need I remind you, he is still going and has about 4-5 seasons of amazing basketball left in him)

Reply #181666 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

I cant believe I didnt mention his defense...thats a massive factor as well

What i posted earlier about no team winning without an all-star lineup..couldnt be bothered writing it out again

Jordan had a complete team and Pippen
Wilt had his hall of fame roster
Duncans had the Admiral, Parker, Ginobili and a great list of role players
Drexler won when we went to Houston with other stars and a great bench.
Wade had Shaq (now look at the Heat now...)
Pistons (current and late 80's)
Early on Kareem had the Big O in Milwakee and that was a ring (big O finally got his - thanks kareem -althoguh Kareem then had to wait to be paired with another big star for his next)
Magic had Kareem, Kareem had Magic
Bird had an amazing roster

Thats a stupid thing to say, because you need a mixture of a great bench, attitude, character players, role players, and your stars to win. No superstar could do it single handedly, and of all of them, Kobe can probably at least do it as best as it can be done (espeically with the quality of his teammates over the post shaq la era)

Reply #181668 | Report this post

Sorry, why is Howard in the first team over Amare. Howard, he who can't score outside the paint, blocks every shot out of the court, turnover king, can't shoot foul shots, is-only-better-than-amare-in-getting-defensive-rebounds. and his team will barely reach 50 wins in the east

Reply #181730 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

1st NBA All-International Team
C: Ming
F: Nowitzki
F: Kirilenko
G: Nash
G: Ginobili

What about a WORST all-NBA team?

Reply #181732 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Worst NBA team?

That's pretty easy. Look @ the Knicks and Heat.

Knicks entire roster minus David Lee & Nate Robinson

Reply #181742 | Report this post

iamtehmaster  
Years ago

i forgot MIP!!

MIP goes to Hedo Turkoglu

Reply #181746 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Jules, no need to get crazy about it. I don't bag him for not winning rings, I bag for not making the playoffs one year, and then not moving out of the first round at all since then. In fact, I wasn't baggin him at all for it. Just pointing out why he hasn't won an MVP....

FWIW, Kobe would be my 2nd pick for MVP. But you have to admit, Paul has put up one of the all time great seasons, his team right now looks to be locked into the #1 seed and he has done it a roster which is a the very MOST, equal to the Lakers one.

Reply #181753 | Report this post

undecided  
Years ago

I dont think jules was attacking you, just the general critisism Kobe cops for not being able to win single-handedly. He makes a pretty good point about the champions of the past.

He also said that people say "it would be a joke for Paul not to win" is a bit over-the-top. Right now it's 50-50, look at it from Kobe's side aswell. (And he did say it would obviously make sense for Paul to win it)

Reply #181759 | Report this post

bryant  
Years ago

Kobe has to be MVP. also dirk cannot be in the nba third team. he is the most overated player i have seen.

Reply #181760 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

The MVP race is literally that close between the 2, whoever you pick comes down to simply who you like more as a player.

Reply #181773 | Report this post

dafd  
Years ago

ALL WORST STARTING FIRST TEAM:
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - Fraciscio Oberto
SF - Quentin Richardson
SG - Mo Pete
PG - Anthony Carter

Reply #181774 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

dafd is daft

Reply #181780 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Camby shouldn't be DPOY. The Nuggets are woeful on defense so he has ample opportunities to rack up those block stats.

KG is the best defender on the best defensive team, he should get it.

I'd probably put either Amare or Duncan in the NBA 1st team instead of Howard, even if they had to be classified as a Center.

Reply #181845 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:18 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754