Jack Toft
Years ago

36ers Fixture 2008/09

Sixers look like having a reasonable H&A schedule. Play all teams at least one H & one A game. We have the extra home game against Gold Coast, Perth and Singapore (all SHOULD wins) and Melbourne, South and Sydney get the extra home game their way. Overall, the schedule has no more than 2 Away games in a row, and we get 10 Sat. night games, 1 Friday and 4 Wed games at home.
Makes for a big improvement on last year's schedule that saw us away for 2 runs for 4 games.
First game is home against Singapore. Will the crowd boo the Ninja?

Topic #15391 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I doubt anyone would boo Darren. People don't boo Rychart, for example.

Reply #181718 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Is this available to view? Do we have a home game on Saturday Oct 4th?

Reply #181720 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

i was just about to ask how we can have a schedule for any team if it's yet to be decided if some teams (ie- mine) will even be here for the next season to have a fixture.
how can this fixture be out already??

Reply #181721 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Teams had to sign an intention to complete some time ago.

Reply #181733 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

*compete*

Reply #181735 | Report this post

New  
Years ago

isn't Brisbane pulling out?

Reply #181740 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Getting in early.
Bullets v Kings GF......

Reply #181743 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Brisbane's owner wants out, but in reality there is buckleys chance of the whole team folding. Groves would sell the team for a dollar first.

Reply #181744 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

yeah dunno guys- it all see-saws on a daily basis.
one day they're in paliative care, the next day they get told they're getting discharged from the ward and can go home tomorrow, then the day after they're in icu and back in paliative care.
who knows.... lol
where abouts is the fixture on the net anyways?

Reply #181750 | Report this post

kj  
Years ago

Where can the fixture be seen?

Reply #181756 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Great draw certainly better than last seasons.Would expect a first up win against Singapore being a great start for Scott and the Club.Hope no one boos the Ninja but hope we kick them and get off to a flying start.

Reply #181764 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Yall sure Jackt that this is not just a prilimary schedule that will be viewed and discussed at next weeks CEO meeting?

Reply #181767 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

ALl I wanna know is if there is a game October 4th?

Reply #181770 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No game on the 4th Skip (is that your Birthday?) Away game on the 2nd against NZ and home on the 8th against Razorbacks

Reply #181781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what with October 4th skip?

Reply #181785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WHERE can the shcedule be viewed!?

Reply #181786 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Im involved in a wedding that day. Would have hated to tell the groom I couldn't make it. ;-)

Reply #181793 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hello half-time centre-court wedding!

Reply #181795 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Where the hell is this so called schedule????
It's NOT on the 36ers website.
It's NOT on the NBL website.
Is this someones dream schedule?????
I would certainly like to see this schedule so I can plan xmas events.

Reply #181821 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say it's a preliminary schedule that's floating around but is not yet official. I'm sure once it's released it'll be on the NBL site.

Reply #181826 | Report this post

zoom  
Years ago

The first home game is against Singapore on the 19th of September. I got this from the 36ers corporate packages booklet. All 36ers games are on the back but it specifically says the fixture is "Subject to Change". So there is no final nbl fixture as yet.

Reply #181848 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

subject to change- that's an understatement- seeing that on the dates the 36ers are supposed to be playing us in brisbane or vice-versa, your boys might get sent to the pub for a leisurely piss-up instead if we don't have a team.

Reply #181858 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

XY, if Groves had to sell the team for $1 to get the sale, then the buyer is most likely not financially fit enough to run the team successfully. After all, they wouldn't have too much to lose.

Reply #182034 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

XY, if Groves had to sell the team for $1 to get the sale, then the buyer is most likely not financially fit enough to run the team successfully. After all, they wouldn't have too much to lose.
How is that necessarily true?

You can pay $1, assume all the related debts that come with a team and have quite a lot to lose.

Reply #182054 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:08 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754