LC
Years ago

Portsmouth Invitational Tournament

Aleks Maric and Aaron Bruce are currently playing in the PIT - the only tournament for seniors prior to the NBA draft camp.
http://www.portsmouthinvitational.com/scores.php

Bruce had a great first game coming off the bench - 4/9 from the field including 3/4 from downtown for 11 points. He also had 5 assists, 1 steal and 1 rebound as his team wn easily.

Maric plays his first game tomorrow.

Topic #15393 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

Just read on Draft Express that Maric pulled out.

Reply #181790 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

No biggie for Maric - he'll get plenty of attention from teams for workouts anyway... the PIT is for guys who are really on the borderline (2nd rounders & potential rook FAs)... Bruce might be able to parlay his way into the 2nd round (or FA cont)through a good showing and good workouts... I wouldn't be writing him off yet - be nice to have an Aussie backcourt player in the nba again...

Reply #181797 | Report this post

DandyBoi  
Years ago

Bruce had a horror year in College by his standards. However he did have a lot of talented backcourt team mates at Baylor this past season that took a bit away from his game.
I hope he can get picked up, but I'm not counting my chickens...
Bruce would be a good backup combo guard for some outside shooting when required for an NBA team. He would never be any more than that at that level.

Reply #181818 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I'm not so sure Johnny. On the report I read, it said he was 'out of shape'. No idea what that means, but I would've thought this comp could have been quite useful for him. He is one of those guys right on the bubble, and I just hope he pulled out for a good reason.

Reply #181931 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

AB had a 2nd good game (out of 3) in the PIT as his team won the final easily.
Bruce had 8 points on 4/7 shooting, 4 rebounds, 3 assists in coming off the bench in 21 minutes of action. Numbers, solid, but can't see how they would be good enough to ensure he gets drafted.
Good luck to Bruce and Maric for the NBS pre-draft camps.
Hope they do get recognised and get drafted. IMO, Maric has a far greater chance of being a late second round pick.

Reply #182083 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

AB had a 2nd good game (out of 3) in the PIT as his team won the final easily.
Bruce had 8 points on 4/7 shooting, 4 rebounds, 3 assists in coming off the bench in 21 minutes of action. Numbers, solid, but can't see how they would be good enough to ensure he gets drafted.
Good luck to Bruce and Maric for the NBS pre-draft camps.
Hope they do get recognised and get drafted. IMO, Maric has a far greater chance of being a late second round pick.

Reply #182085 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:48 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754