BballKing
Years ago

Is Luke almost a Sixer?

yep its a done deal. watch the news tonight! I have a good source.

(Mod: Fixed!)
(Another Mod: Fixed again!)

Topic #15406 | Report this topic

jon93  
Years ago

yea i just heard. great news!!

Reply #181930 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Do we know what news channel to watch?

Reply #181933 | Report this post

Gravity man  
Years ago

Awesome news that Luke has signed with Adelaide for one season it was on channel 7 news,now lets get a good import then we have far better team than last seasons lineup.Cant wait for first home game.

Reply #181941 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I think the most exciting thing about this signing is that we'll all be able to go "Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke" when his name is called out before tip off.

Reply #181944 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Sweet News. Add the Import and our starting 5 is set.

Reply #181945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woohoo!

Reply #181946 | Report this post

Marco  
Years ago

starting will be?

SHENSCHER
MOTTRAM
BALLINGER
DAVIDSON
IMPORT PG? HODGE would make that team AWSE

WITH

COOPER
DODMAN
BURDON
SUTTON
?

Nice big front line if that is the team

Reply #181948 | Report this post

Marco  
Years ago

forgot Maher coming off the bench, maybe few others that i forgot!

Reply #181949 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Yeah, just the last 2 signings in Holmes and Hill.

Reply #181951 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

great to hear that he has signed, while i don't really see the massive hype on him and don't think he will be a game changer its good to have local talent. Also i think with the local addictions it gives the people of adelaide some ownership of the team. Hopefully we can get hodge to sign and then call it a day. exiting times ahead.

Reply #181953 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Wooooooo Hoooooo !!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #181954 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

w00t

Reply #181956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I missed the news - Is it in printed media anywhere? I can't find the story on line anywhere.

Reply #181959 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Why isn't it on the 36ers website? Isn't it as newsworthy as the Brad Hill signing?

Reply #181961 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Reckon it happened late today. Ch7 news ' about to sign one year deal'. Boti tomorrow would have it.

Reply #181963 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Any truth to the rumour he's signed up for Glenelg in the off-season? ;-)

Reply #181990 | Report this post

BadBoy  
Years ago

He hasnt signed yet! And it is said that he is seriously considering NZ breakers as he has played under a couple of asst coaches that are currently there. outlook doesnt look good for Adelaide fans.

Rumour just on ABC Adelaide that he has signed a 1 year deal with an outclause for the NBA.

BAD NEWS FOR SIXERS

Reply #181999 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

A bit presumptuous to start a thread with a heading like this. If anyone wants to post under a heading with a title "Official", it should be already official and not wishful thinking. Makes you look like a bit of a clown, especially when there is no confirmation in the media.

Reply #182006 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

EC.. I believe the term you were looking for was 'arseclown'... we don't use 'clown' here anymore...

Reply #182022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schenshner
Ballinger
Holmes
Maher
Import PG

Bench
Cooper
Hill
Davidson
Motts/Dench
Sutton/Burdon

Not a bad team. Won't take it out but should play finals at least. If we can get Hodge we can Davidson to the starting group and Holmes to the bench.

Reply #182028 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Is Dench signed on for next season? Saw him with Ballinger at the Eagles/Rockets game last night so he is still in town.

Reply #182032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well that was rude to lie like that.

Reply #182036 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Dench had a one year contract with an option.

Reply #182039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

heh, look at the Recent Posts

Reply #182040 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

And after last season's performance or lack thereof he had the gall to take up the option? How many points are wasted here?

Reply #182043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC shut ur hole all i ever see u do is bag people and bag the organisation even when the 6ers sign a good young SA boy like Brad Hill you bag them stop bein such a pessimist

Reply #182044 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

I remember 12 months back when we all got excited about the signing of Brad Newley.

I hope this is not the same kind of "signing"

Reply #182045 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

#182044, 2 years have gone by and yet to make playoffs. I will always admit when I am wrong and will eat humble pie if Hill and Dench make a significant difference to change the situation next season. I am not pessimistic, I am cautious and speak on previous experience. Neither Dench nor Hill has shown me in the past that they are the answer to the 36ers problems.

Reply #182046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC, myself id rather sign mottram then dench any day!!! as mottram has the potential to be a beast as a starting centre in the NBL, however if we sign Luke have cooper as well i think Dench could definately contribute in a different system as he has shown in the past he can contribute as he is a past wookie of the year!!!! With regards to Brad he showed early in his career that he has the potential to be a future star in the league!!!! Its always good to get someone like that back and if we can sign adam gibson think are looking brilliant!!!!!!

a team of
C:Luke,Motts
PF:Ballinger,Motts,Holmes
SF:Holmes,Hill,Hodge
SG:Hodge,Maher
PG:Gibson,Davidson,Maher

That side could just about take it out IMO not sure on points ratings however

Reply #182048 | Report this post

Oldschool  
Years ago

1. When was this annouced?

2. Where is the link to a media report

3. Gibson aint going to Adel

4. U guys can do all wishful thinking u will still sink faster than Titanic

Reply #182053 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Gibson will stay in Brisbane.

Doubt think Dench will be with the 36ers.

EC, it's not on the 36ers site because I haven't received a press release - e.g., probably not official.

Reply #182057 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

ok now we can say its OFFICIAL. signed 1 year deal announced on channel 10.

Reply #182196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

w000t

Reply #182200 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:18 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754