Isaac
Years ago

Dragons set to announce Smith, Vukona signings

The South Dragons have netted key targets Jason Smith, the Sydney Kings captain, and Mika Vukona, the New Zealand Breakers forward, for the next National Basketball League season.

With Mark Worthington already signed, the Dragons have secured three international players, along with "super coach" Brian Goorjian, as they seek to turn around the wooden-spoon result of their second season.

South Dragons snare Smith and Vukona

Any thoughts on who'll they'll go for next? The glaring hole is at point guard - perhaps Draper, if they can't get Gibson?

Topic #15434 | Report this topic

Stingray  
Years ago

Greg Hubbard!

Reply #182249 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Now that the Bullets have a new owner, it is looking more likely that Sammy Mac and Gibson are going to stick around in Brisbane.

Reply #182250 | Report this post

Dry Back  
Years ago

Maybe add Drape,Hendrix,Crosswhite and Tovey or Drew Williamson get a team looking like this

PG - Draper/Martin
SG - Ingles/Smith
SF - Wortho/Tovey-Drew
PF - Hendrix/Vukona
C - Crosswhite/Burston

that team would do alright under BG.

Reply #182252 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Oh goody, Smith wouldn't know what to do with himself for a season without 'daddy'.

Reply #182253 | Report this post

oldcat2  
Years ago

HERBERT HAS SIGNED FOR 2 YEARS

Reply #182254 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

good signings by the dragons i reckon there team will look like

PG Drapor (import)/Martin
SG Smith/Herbert
SF Ingles/Vukona
PF Worthington/?? Hobba
C Horvath/Burston

I reckon they would do quite well with that line up anf BG coaching!

Reply #182257 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dry Back - Crosswhite and Tovey are with the Kings. Horvath signed to the Dragons. And I don't think Goorjian would keep Hendrix.

Reply #182258 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

i don't think draper wants to play in oz

Reply #182262 | Report this post

TheFansMan  
Years ago

All depends on who they signed at what points, I dont know exactly how the points thing works but I'm sure they signed Burston for much lower than 7. Ingles and Herbert on 1. Hobba if signed would be a 1. I hope the team looks like:

Burston (5?) / Horvath (10)
Worthington (10) / Hobba (1)
Ingles (1) / Vukona (8)
Smith (8) / Import (10) / Herbert (1)
Import (10) / Bruce (3)

Thats 67 points depending on how loyalty points and all the rest of the crap points things are calculated. Might be off. Under BG that sounds good to me.

Reply #182268 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Do Jason Smith and BG have a Nathan Buckley/Eddie McGuire like relationship or what?

Reply #182270 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I don't think Jason and Brian actually have sex :-)

Reply #182276 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=74746

All official now...

Reply #182326 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

how the F*#k is Ingles worth 1
our points system is a disgrace its a joke.

Reply #182343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles is a 10

Reply #182348 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

He is a nine on the official points tally.

That is only his external rating though, his internal may well be less (depending on what the rules are this week).

I just checked last years rules - the carry over tally from previous years only applies to people with an external rating of 1 to 5.

Therefore, Ingles is at a nine for the coming year, less any loyalty points if he re-signed during last season (which I seem to recall he did?)

Reply #182357 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Dragons Vs Tigers Grand final..

you heard it here first :)

Reply #182363 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

piss the cap off obviously there not giving a fat rats clacker of credence to it

Reply #182384 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"piss the cap off obviously there not giving a fat rats clacker of credence to it

Actually, as much as I don't like the way teams are loading up (except my team, of course), they are actually working within the rules of the points cap.

It's not that teams aren't abiding by it.....It's that the cap itself is not structured correctly.

The salary cap? Well, that's another thing entirely.

Reply #182442 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

how the F*#k is Ingles worth 1
our points system is a disgrace its a joke.
Firstly, I doubt he's a 1. And any deductions come from signing players with potential early and keeping them. Any complaints for the years that Maher was capped at 5?

Reply #182444 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754