SVD
Years ago

Greatest Hoops SA Threads

As I do every now and then I like to go and read the Cecil Exum thread ... got me thinking what are peoples favourite threads.

Obviously the Harold Minor thread - it just won't die ... and there is the distinct possibilty that Harold Miner actually wrote on it a couple of months back.

My other favoutite ones - when Cornesy got a bit upset and philnado called him something crass ... laughed my ass off.

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/9091/#p102828

And of my own postings I thought the Chris Brown was was an odd brush with fame ... and the fact that 2 guys on his own team started fighting and got the game called off.

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/11213/#130642

I also enjoyed a booga/Spadge fight ... haven't been any in months.

What are yours?

Topic #15459 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Anything relating to Booga/Spadge, Cecil ( as you have stated) the awnser/brad (god he was a laugh, albeit aggressive)..

Usually comments by TR, thedoctor, DICKO, Isaac and Kent Brockman are pretty informative..

Bo Hamburger aka sasha...... are always gold!

Manute was pretty funny, then got real angry one day, don't really see him post a lot anymore...

Probably more, have just spent too many workdays reading these threads, then forgetting who said what.

Reply #182544 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Are people forgetting the Hot/Not lists? Here's one and you can find the rest via Double Clutch's profile - some memorable moments in there if you trawl back through.

Reply #182547 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Basketball Look-a-likes for me.

Reply #182549 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Isaac's stalker in sixers33 was memorable.

The numerous 'get rid of the Navy Seals' threads were also memorable.

Greatest for me though would have to be the Manute Bol vs Parafield Gardens 3 on 3 thread.

Reply #182551 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

The Manute v Parafield 3 on 3 is gold

Reply #182559 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

DDfan is the man, I still suffer sleepless nights wondering if the teams Jockstraps are cleaned, which poor person sits next to him at the games...and if the poor soul is striding along Port rd in 40 degree heat on his way to be a part of the 36ers.

Anything by DICKO.

Cecil was great.

And im ashamed to admit..i love the bongo thread, how many suckers does it take to give away their money...ask bongo.

Reply #182561 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

There has been some crackers...

The Parafield Gardens thread was great

Brad challenging the world to a fight

The "Help I need info for homework due tomorrow" was pretty funny.

Cec's brain explosion was comedy

**BALLA** and "Adelaide are one of the worst teams this year?" The rookie got schooled..

Reply #182569 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

anything DICKO posts as its usually spot on,
stephon with his constructive sometimes legal points.

statman and kent are allways worth a read

sixers33 or abc123 are allways a laught,

but more recently Tommy has got to the tool of the month with his close friend Al

Reply #182577 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

I'm with you Sturty, the lokkalike thread was pretty funny, and anything posted by Mr S. Vidmar (but he has been gone a long time - too busy coaching?)

Reply #182580 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

The forum leaderboard and hall of fame give a pretty good indication of who is worth reading. A couple others that haven't been mentioned yet that always make me laugh: Lloyd Braun and Rex Hunt

Reply #182582 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

S Vidmar posted this week in one of the ABL threads actually!

Reply #182584 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Just on that 199 Bongo theme, after another ridiculous message by some 14 year old idiot was posted yesterday I decided to google "199 Bongo", the first link that comes up it to the Hoops SA thread which expains why the thread just won't die!

Reply #182595 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Would you say the "Ng's small package" thread is one of the greatest, or one of the poorest...personally I say one of the stupidest

Reply #182622 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

how about the "issac, why do u remoose my topics" on by mike??

Reply #182772 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Reply #182774 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well remembered - that one always made me laugh.

Reply #182777 | Report this post

Eddie #55  
Years ago

Personal Fave:

The catalogue delivering enquiry from not that long ago. Hilarious for numerous reasons. Started off so simple yet turned so horribly wrong...

Link

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/13038/

Reply #182798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Norwood vs Keilor of 2007.

Carlo vs the Keilor Coach went forever and was quite funny.

Reply #182930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about all those Junior previews we used to get, they were always great reading.

Also what happened to all the older posters? You vary rarely hear from any of the original Hoops SA clan.

Reply #182937 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Which older posters exactly are you talking about?

Reply #182939 | Report this post

Mel Gibson  
Years ago

You know, Sturty6ers, etc... ;)

Reply #182972 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Bo Hamburger's tips for a new junior coach.
Sturty, that Phil and Steve look at this site to get ideas on plays and subs.
Isaac, This is not where you apply for jobs delvering catalogues.
And, I need help finishing my homework.

Made/make me laugh.

Reply #183014 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:01 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754