Isaac
Years ago

EA discontinues NBA Live, Madden on PC?

Not sure how many this will impact, but I've read on a few sites that EA Sports will be discontinuing a few of their sports series on the PC, including NBA Live and Madden.

Looks like they're destined to be console-only for the foreseeable future.

First heard it mentioned on ABC2's Good Game. Can't find anything on EA's site about it (but then it's probably not the sort of thing they want to tell everyone).

Topic #15466 | Report this topic

Bulldog  
Years ago

Was announced ages ago that EA was going to drop titles, also possibly NHL and FIFA.

http://linky.com.au/p6s3n

Reply #182635 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

so so expected.

X-box 360 and PS3 will be those consoles that continue to deliver and looks that if any fans ever wont to play NBA live again, a new console may be the way to go. ( lukily i own a ps3... ;) )

Reply #182636 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

PC with my USB Logitech controller has always meant that I didn't need a console. I use it to play everything from NBA Live down to MAME versions of the old NBA JAM.

I might have to finally spring for a console.

Reply #182639 | Report this post

Pulteney 78  
Years ago

EA are trying to by 2k sports (which makes the NBA 2k games) as well.

Reply #182641 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Take-Two (who own 2k Sports) are set to rake in US$400m in the first week of sales for the new GTA game. They're hoping that will allow them to fight off EA's bid because they don't want to sell up.

Reply #182643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this sucks? why aren't people making games on pc anymore!?

Reply #182708 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Probably don't sell as well (especially for that genre), are harder to create and test (broader array of hardware possibilities) and easier to pirate.

Reply #182717 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

fifa is the only profitable pc sports game ea d0 , there was and article not long ago about it alone covered the debts all other ea sports titles incurred so would not suprise me if they stop all other titles other then Fifa

Reply #182767 | Report this post

Years ago

"NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

PC with my USB Logitech controller has always meant that I didn't need a console. I use it to play everything from NBA Live down to MAME versions of the old NBA JAM.

I might have to finally spring for a console."

Wow..... Queer.

Reply #182961 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754