SVD
Years ago

NBA Playoffs

So with the NBA Season over and the playoff matchups decided - lets have a bit of predict on how things will go

West (Home Court team in CAPS)

1st Round

LA LAKERS over Denver Nuggets in 4
NO HORNETS over Dallas Marvericks in 6
SA SPURS over Phoenix Suns in 6
Houston Rockets over UTAH JAZZ in 7

Semi Finals

LA LAKERS over Houston Rockets in 5
SA Spurs over NO HORNETS in 6

Conference Finals

SA Spurs over LA LAKERS in 6

EAST

1st Round

BOSTON CELTICS over Atlanta Hawks in 4
DETROIT PISTONS over Philadelphia 76ers in 5
ORLANDO MAGIC over Toronto Rapotors in 5
CLEVELAND CAVS over Washington Wizards in 6

Semi Finals

BOSTON CELTICS over Clevland Cavs in 6
Orlando Magic over DETROIT PISTONS in 6

Conference Finals

BOSTON CELTICS over Orlando Magic in 5

NBA FINALS

BOSTON CELTICS over SA Spurs in 7

Finals MVP: Paul Pierce

I changed the Finals result 5 times ... couldn't make my mind up ... but I think Spurs v Celtics will be the matchup.

Sorry of this is in another thread

Topic #15471 | Report this topic

tmagz03  
Years ago

hmmmm i disagree on a couple there.

Washington to absoloutely TORCH the cavs in 5.
Jamison and caron butler have been too solid this year with a lil of underrated guys stepping up eg roger mason and blatche. Plus Arenas coming off the bench the cavs we will really struggle.

Ohh! and i cant wait for the stevenson vs Lebron match up. Seems like Stevenson thinks he can contain him....it will be a great series.

Utah over houston in 6. Alston will miss the first to games and without Yao i still think they will struggle despite how good they have been.

Reply #182734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic over Detroit defiantly will not happen...detroit 2 play boston in eastern conference finals detroit in 5.....i understand boston have allen, pierce and garnett but they will have to play 35-40+ mins a game as the rest of the team is inexperienced

Reply #182739 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Lakers to go all the way thru the West to Face the Pistons in the Final

Detroit to win in 7

Reply #182765 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

La to win west.

Suns to beat Spurs in 6 and shaq dominate.

Reply #182791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol

Spurs won't make the finals they won't get pass the first round

Reply #182792 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Suns > west

Would be great to see a suns-lakers western conf final, the way it should be... 'kobe V shaq'

I think they should just start the Boston v Detroit series right now, no one else is gonna make it in the east.

Reply #182793 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

not so sure Ingles. Lebron will shake things up. 3 way race.

Reply #182795 | Report this post

I also think Suns will beat Spurs, but won't get past Utah or NO. Who knows against LA. Utahs my tip on winning the West

Reply #182804 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

No-one mentioned Dallas??
I'm a jazz fan and i think we have a real good shot this year. Especially if the Suns do the right thing and get rid of the Spurs (Shaq is the anti-Duncan)
That being said, Dallas got playoff rookies NO Hornets first up.. They have an mean streak in Dirk..
And the desire of Kidd...

Also- look for Washington to ruin Cavs first up.

Detroit and Boston series will be ...wonderful.

Reply #182807 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

i predict that espn will have crap coverage of the finals series again.
whoops- i cheated and checked- they have 1 game on sunday at 12:30pm, while they get 4 games in a row in the us!
detroit vs rockets, pistons to take it in 7.

Reply #182846 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rockets, eh? I think you could get good odds on them even getting past Utah!

Reply #182851 | Report this post

Dallas yeah right. Out first round again

Reply #182870 | Report this post

supercoach07  
Years ago

It will be a LA and boston final. lakers have more reliable team than the spurs if it gets to the conference final the spurs will only depend on Duncan and Parker and possibly Finlay but he isnt very consistant . the nba has changed from only having two star players eg. (shaq and kobe) winning 3 titles to the new age of the the league of have 3 to 4 star player like LA with (Kobe,Lamar,Gasol,Bynum) and boston having (Allen,Garrnet,Pierce).Lakers will win in 7 in a couple of games under 10 pts we are lookin forward to a awsome finals series.

Reply #182916 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

there is someone called ginobli for the spurs aswell, he's not to bad apparentley, might help the spurs a little bit.... lol

Reply #182921 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

If washington beat the cavs, then they might trouble the celtics... They are 3-1 v boston this season

Reply #182926 | Report this post

supercoach07  
Years ago

yea only if he shoots well but he will just come and go threw out a game

Reply #182945 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:25 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754