Anonymous
Years ago

Hornets vs Mavericks Series

Many people are saying that the mavs will beat the Hornets in the 1st round of the NBA playoffs. One of the main reasons they say this is because the Mavs have a VERY impressive and loaded roster and the Hornets are inexperienced. On the other hand, being a Hornets fan, I have watched heaps of games this year and they have been flat out awesome. One of these team faces heartbreak as they are both worthy of going deep into the playoffs. Neither of them deserves to be knocked out in the 1st round. I'm tipping the Hornets to take the series however. Discuss.

Topic #15483 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

This is a hard one to pick. Have a small feeling Mavs in 7! Yes 7. Main reason for this is in Two Points.
1) Mavs will be hungry not to repeat a first round exit. Dallas will want to show the fans that last year was a one off and they can go further in the playoffs.
2) The Big talking point, the inexpeirence of the hornets. Can Chris Paul accually show us that he is MVP material and guide this team somewere in the playoffs? Its a big question taht most wnat a answer to.

Reply #182901 | Report this post

Hmm lets see... Yep, all of the Hornets starters (apart from the PF position) are better than their Dallas counterparts. And David West is still a quality player, who will still get his 20/10. There's no way Dallas are winning... Hornets in 5

Reply #182906 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

so ELG your trying to state less then a week ago when they played a 111 - 98 win to the Mavs was just a pure fluke?. dont think so.

Reply #182910 | Report this post

M-Wills  
Years ago

'Kobe For MVP'-That game was one which the starters played very limited minutes. Why would you even consider that game as a proper game. Near the end of the season teams give bench players time and rest their starters to hope that when they come into the playoffs they are 'fresh'. Also that was 1 game!! A series is many games, not just one.
Dallas might win one, but fact is you have to win more than one to win the series!!

Reply #182911 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

just pointing out i wouldnt ride of dallas.

M-Wills the minutes for that game were:
Paul 34 (started average)
Chandler 30
Peja 38

Howard 41
Nowitzki 40
Kidd 37

wouldnt say to much rest to the starters? lol.

Reply #182912 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

i hope the hornets win cos i dont like the mavs but ive got a bad feelin that dirk will finally do something and lift the meavs to victory.

Lets hope my feeling is wrong!!!

Go the hornets!

Reply #182915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love Hornets. Hate Mavs.

CP3 will tear dallas apart.

GO HORNETS!

Reply #182917 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

Dirk will tear up Kidd will show he is worth the trade

Dallas in 6

Reply #182925 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754