curtley
Years ago

Isiah Thomas fired by Knicks!

Isiah finally been fired, what a surprise.

http://www.nba.com/nba_news/isiah_fired_080418.html

Topic #15486 | Report this topic

bolks  
Years ago

From GM as well or just as coach?

Reply #182964 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Both. They hired Donnie Walsh to take over as president (GM) not that long ago.

Reply #182967 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Fantastic news. Run the man out of New York. Clean up my beloved Knicks and let's return to the playoffs.

Get rid of Marbury, Curry and Randolph.

Let's have a crack @ Lebron in 2010.

Reply #182979 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nah Champ, I'd be keeping Marbury purely for his contract. $21 mill to comes of the books after this season. Next season is still going to suck. No team wants blackhole Randolph or fatboy Curry.

The only way I'd move him is for some expirings, one year deals and draft picks, and even then teams aren't going to chuck quality at the Knicks. His contract is toovaluable to the Knicks just to let go especially with a 2010 run at Lebron.

Reply #182989 | Report this post

Is it just me or does starbury seem interested these days? I know he had a tough 18 months (losing his dad and his fight with Isiah) but i don't know.

Reply #183004 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

He's now been fired twice by Walsh, couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke!

Reply #183013 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Has that ever happened before a coach being fired twice by the same GM?

Reply #183088 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From ESPN:

Former New York Knicks coach Isiah Thomas has been banned from having any contact with members of the team as part of his reassignment agreement with team president Donnie Walsh, the New York Daily News reported, citing a team source.
The article suggests that they're worried that he might undermine a new coach if he is talking to players. If that's the case, just kick him out!

Reply #183450 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:54 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754