Loy Vaught
Years ago

Sonics move to Oklahoma City

Is official, the Sonics are leaving Seattle. Appears there is some legal things to sort out but the deal has been approved by the NBA.

Sad to see.

Topic #15490 | Report this topic

Kwest  
Years ago

The former owner (Howard Schultz) is suing the current ownership group for breach of a good faith agreement to keep the team in Seattle. He is not after money - he wants the team back. Also the City of Seattle has taken ownership to court as there is still 2 years to go on the Key Arena lease, and they want the Sonics to play out the 2 years.

There is a reasonable chance that the city could win and the Sonics will still be in Seattle till 2010. But either way they are gone long term.

Reply #182960 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

How disappointed would you be if you here gary payton. To get my jersey retired in a different city in which i played for would piss me right off. And the name just doesn't sound right, does it. "The Oklahoma City Sonics".

Reply #182962 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

It sounds wrong. Very wrong.
Although they are probably going to sell the name, colours and logo to the city of Seattle.

Reply #182965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wish we could keep the Sonics in Seattle and have new team in Oklahoma.

Why do the Sonics ownership want to move?

Reply #182976 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Because the main guy (Bennett) is from Oklahoma and wants his hometown to have a franchise.

Reply #182977 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I don't like this move @ all.

I'd rather have this team remain in Seattle, but the decision has been made and doesn't look like being overruled.

I'd rather have Oklahoma have it's own franchise and team if possible. But this won't happen.

Terrible.

Gary Payton would be pissed having the singlet retired in a different city to which he played in.

Oak Sonics doesn't sound right.

Reply #183027 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:24 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754