Anonymous
Years ago

Erik Burdon... the best all round player in SA?

I decided to go watch the North Adelaide Rockets games this weekend to see what Reardon was like, i quickly decided he was the real deal but i then took more notice of Erik Burdon.

I have watched a fair bit of the ABL competition over the last 3 years and after seeing the way Erik played in the two games i feel that he may be the most complete player in the competition in recent times.

In last nights game against West Adelaide he totally shut down Spudavechia on the defensive end. His commitment to denial defence was exceptional and i dont think there is a better on ball defender in the comp at the minute.

I then went out today to watch the game vs Woodville and he put on a very efficient shooting display from the 3, mid range and also getting to the basket. Very well rounded game. He also held Birmingham scoreless the entire time he was on him.

What are peoples thoughts? After the top 50 players list, i wasnt totally convinced that he deserved #1 but am certain now.

Also something of note today was a guy in a Wollongong Hawks shirt taking down a lot of notes, looked like a scout. Did anyone see this guy at any games on Saturday night?

Topic #15503 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Thanks for that Eric! :P

Reply #183039 | Report this post

get off his nuts....

Reply #183041 | Report this post

Years ago

King James you're a tool.

Reply #183042 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Yes, thanks for that Eric!

Reply #183046 | Report this post

hr  
Years ago

thanks for that eric!

Reply #183047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks for that eric

Reply #183048 | Report this post

Years ago

Dont be pathetic people I am not Erik, i just am impressed with his game and wonder what others think?
Not looking for stupid responses just healthy debate.

Reply #183049 | Report this post

Sam Fisher  
Years ago

thanks for that eric

Reply #183050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

two weeks ago you said erik should have been POTW when he scored a heap of pts, now your saying he surprised you that he is a great player????

i don't understand.

Reply #183051 | Report this post

wutang noodles  
Years ago

(#15503) Thanks for that Mrs Burdon.

Reply #183059 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I agree all responders are acting like tools . Even if it is his mum , friend or whatever , if dont agree say why you dont especially those that see him play
ABL . I personally hope the sixers can sign a better back up point guard than him but he think he is much better value than Sutton

Reply #183066 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

He's good but IMO opinion not #1. Matthews is #1.

Also one of the most underrated players in the league who seems to fly under the radar a lot is Scott Arnold. Remember this guy one a Woolacott. I would almost put him above Eze - he is stronger, bigger, a great defender and tougher.

Reply #183072 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

*won

Reply #183077 | Report this post

wutang noodles  
Years ago

Bretts the man,

Thats what this community does; takes the p!$$ out of someone every now and then.

The saddest thing is not that people are still taking the p!ss, but that people are still upset by it!

Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill.

Reply #183078 | Report this post

U16Nats  
Years ago

Burdon will be better this year because of Reardon.

Reply #183083 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

won and one of them, right on both accounts Lockstock . Lets hope Hoops SA is the extent of your writing duties today my friend .

Reply #183090 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

hahaha. Tou che

Too much groovin in the park

Reply #183091 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I would think it's the other way round with Burdon and Reardon, he is getting plenty of open looks while teams are assigning defenders onto Burdon who don't play any help D in order to keep the ball out of Burdon's hands, hence Burdon making Reardon better.

Reply #183095 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

was that yesterday LS ? so out of the loop .

Reply #183097 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Yeah mate - pretty good show but shouldn't have gone to Electric Light afterwards. The thing was, I knew when I was on my way that it was a very bad idea yet I continued to do it..

Roc Raida the highlight for me

Reply #183100 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754