Anonymous
Years ago

NH: When Does Chaser Return?

Can't wait for their live show in Adelaide but when will the Chaser return to TV?

Topic #15554 | Report this topic

Kwest  
Years ago

The War on Everything wont be returning. Not sure if they have something else up their sleave.

Reply #183617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they're currently renegotiating with the ABC (commercial networks offering them the world, but they've indicated that they want to stay with the ABC), but have said that when they return, it will be with another refresh in format (Original Chaser ---> CNNNN ---> War on Everything ---> ???)

August through October somewhere would be my pick for a return. Olympics, US elections etc. Whatever the format, there's a lot there right up their alley, and the renegotiated deal would no doubt see a budget increase. War on Everything was also picked up internationally, so with those two factors, wouldn't be surprised to see them go more global, less focus on just Australian politics etc.

Reply #183624 | Report this post

in the know  
Years ago

They can't do a show this year becsue it's going to clash with their court thing (becasue of that whole canadian, osama bin ladin thing at that convention thing last year).

Reply #183700 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

too busy raking in the cash on tour, i went along last week, paid my 50 bucks to watch what is effectively the TV show (how do you spell sucker?)

I have been a fan of the Chaser since the start, but this is just money grabbing, the live show is average with a few laughs but not much more, very monty pythonesque and they finish up with a song telling us what idiots we are and that they hate us...i guess it could be funny, if it didnt seem so true.

Reply #183715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they're after money why don't the accept one of those massive offers from a commercial TV station? Why do they want to saty on ABC? Have they got strong beliefs against commercial TV or something? At least we don't get an bloody ads half way through. It's a shame that the war on everything format isn't continuing but you can't keep it the same forever.

Reply #183795 | Report this post

Chuck  
Years ago

a male canine is referred to as a dog, while a female is called a bitch

Reply #324983 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:05 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754