smithy
Years ago

Are people on here kidding

Sturt benchmark in juniors why woould people say that looking at previous state champs results not sure its true.
Forestville rave on about their program have a good hard look at their junior players how many of their players have been developed else where.
Forestville sturt forestville sturt blah blah blah its getting awefully boring.

Topic #1556 | Report this topic

bagwan  
Years ago

it's a forum nothing more nothing less.

Reply #17783 | Report this post

easy rider  
Years ago

Jeepers smithy tis the season to be jolly not walk around with a big chip on your shoulder.

Old rule but a good rule if you don't like the thread don't read it. Better still get rid of the chip and start something that you think is interesting.

Happy New Year

Reply #17786 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

If you want something done, then do it yourself and start writing...

Would love to hear what is going on at your club.

Reply #17787 | Report this post

smithy  
Years ago

why did you reply to this thread easy rider if you didnt like it???

I thought what I had written was pretty accurate to be honest.

Reply #17789 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

everyone has an opinion

Reply #17792 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

I agree smithy. Your not that good if you develop other club kids, that already have the talent.The best clubs don't always show the results but at least develop what they have got. North are probably the exception.

Reply #17795 | Report this post

easy rider  
Years ago

I replied because I think you are nothing more than a pain in the arse with a big chip on your shoulder

Reply #17796 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Smithy point is valid but a large proportion of user on the forum come from Forestville and Sturt. For the forum to represent the users across the SA basketball spectrum, then encourage people from your club to get on and have a say.

Reply #17808 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Rite, Are you from Sturt/Forestville.

Reply #17810 | Report this post

nito  
Years ago

I cant see how its valid and I have nothing to do with Sturt or Foresvtville.

I think ole smithy made a silly point just to get a bit of a rise haahah.. good one Smithy, very simple though.

Reply #17811 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Your completely right Smithy.

Sturt has done horribly to ONLY win Champion Junior Club twice in the last 3 -4 years.

And Forrestville should have a real good hard look at themselves after producing maybe the greatest State League player of the modern era in Jason Dix, and the best rookie player in the NBL this year (both Forrestville juniors).

I am sure your informative and completely factual post will jolt both clubs into getting off their collective behinds and doing better because clearly the results aren't good enough!

Until then here is a link for you to learn how to cross stitch in five minutes to cue your boredom from all the Sturt/Forrestville talk:
http://yarntree.com/007begin.htm

Cheers

Reply #17820 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Liam,

Are you insinuating that Forestville are living in the past? What about their CURRENT juniors? I guess Forestville are starting to develop other club's kids, especially with their current recruiting techniques$$

Reply #17822 | Report this post

Jumbo Prince  
Years ago

Smithy,

Don't let the chip on your shoulder grow to become a rod for you back.

In other words, your a clown!

Reply #17823 | Report this post

smithy  
Years ago

Liam Liam Liam dont get too revved up sturt have done pretty well better than my club anyway but i do get sick and tired of forestville raving on about their talent when a heck of a lot of their kids have come from other clubs

Reply #17824 | Report this post

smithy  
Years ago

ps jason dix was from norwood originally

Reply #17825 | Report this post

easy rider  
Years ago

Smithy if players want to come to a Club what is the Club supposed to do No we don't want you I think that all Clubs work really hard and i would think that Forestville are no different. I am not really into the junior comp scene so name some of the players that have come from other clubs to Forestville I would be keen to know

Reply #17828 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Anon,

I was actually praising Fville for the players they have produced.
I think their coaches do a great job with developing talent.

Reply #17830 | Report this post

Anon.  
Years ago

Easy Rider, I am putting together a list. I will get back to you soon. Because the list is large it will probably be on Thursday.

Reply #17832 | Report this post

Elyse Videon  
Years ago

And the kids that have come from another club have performed exceptionally better than their previous club. I think devlopment is long term and continuing, there is always room for improvement.
Yes, clubs should be grateful where kids got their grass roots from, but the talent lies within themselves, not their club.
I know one certain junior, who was a club in the southern area, played div 3's and is a big player, came to Forestville, has been worked with and is one standout junior.
Maybe also, smithy and others, clubs thrive and kids thrive if they are happy, hence why Forestville and Sturt are proud to have them.

Reply #17851 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So the kids that are performing better at f/ville (and Sturt for that matter) than at their previous clubs, why are some of them returning to their previous clubs???!! The grass isn't always greener....

Reply #17863 | Report this post

nito  
Years ago

"Yes, clubs should be grateful where kids got their grass roots from, but the talent lies within themselves, not their club."

Here, here!

Reply #17864 | Report this post

Nemesis  
Years ago

There's a bit of right in much of this. Seems with my own kids that coaches have had a lot to do with development year to year. Some good some not so - but all volunteers doing their best.

Obviously the club puts these coaches in place and where they get it mostly right, the club deserves the credit too.

Anyone who gets too hung up on where the kid came from in the first place is losing sight of the big picture, which is all about kids finding a place where they enjoy their basketball and play at a level and in an environment that will foster further develoment if possible. Would be great if this can happen at the one club but can't always be the case. Sorry getting a bit too serious here which was not Smithy's original intention but we do need to keep as many kids in basketball as possible however we do it.

Reply #17889 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Elyse, I don't think Forestville should take credit for big Steve who left Noarlunga. He didn't leave because of development, and to state the obvious, he is a huge boy who was going to come along eventually anyway with time.

Reply #17891 | Report this post

woodpecker  
Years ago

it certainly evens up the comp when teams have too many good players but i must agree a little with smithy dont go claiming them as your work but cant blame you for wanting them. Theirs a few senior teams around who should be very thankful of others programs.

Reply #17897 | Report this post

Sgt Shultz  
Years ago

'In the Know-nothing', its amazing that whe Steve went to F/Ville he improved out of sight. Maybe you should have a chat to him and find out why he left.

In fact, you should hold exit interviews with ALL your players that leave and find out the real reason your players leave instead of jumping on forums and accusing clubs of stealing.

Look in your own back yard...Don!

Reply #17904 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Schultz, If you are a 13 year old kid confronted by your coach or coaching director, are you really going to tell them that you don't like them and they don't give you enough court time? Get real. In most cases the writing has been on the wall for a while and the relevant people know the real reason behind players leaving.

Reply #17910 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

I don't think there's any point in claiming credit or apportioning blame regarding the progress of players who transfer clubs. There are too many variables to give a clear cut answer. I certainly wouldn't do either in this specific case.

Can I also again suggest that we don't discuss individuals under 18?

Reply #17920 | Report this post

Sgt Shultz  
Years ago

Well said Paul.

Reply #17922 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754