the_champ33
Years ago

Channel 9 & TV Coverage

I read a very small clip in today's paper about channel 9.

Bascially they are getting fired up with Foxtel and trying to show 1-game a week of A-League soccer.

Why can't channel 9 fire up for the NBL? Our league needs television.

I just thought I'd share this with you and let people fire up.

Topic #15564 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, hope they atleast keep showing the amount of NBL they are showing at the moment, more would be better but is unlikely I would think. They show on Sunday which is when they can't get any viewers anyway. The best way to become attractive to fta stations is to have better/sell-out crowds. It'd be awesome if the Sixers could let channel 9 Adelaide show their game locally for free. Think they'd only be able to that if foxtel don't have the rights/ Would I be right in saying that the Foxtel deal doesn't really allow for that kind of negotiation? Would also be good to be able to see some A-League aswell but not nearly as awesome as some proper NBL coverage.

I don't understand why free to air stations aren't interested in showing NBA. Aussies are much more interested in the NBA than the NBL and amongst lots of kids the NBA is "cool" and the NBL isn't, which is a very very sad fact which must be changed. That's not all kids but some. Oh well until the there's always andromeda and sport-scene but it's so much better on proper TV. Would also do wonders for basketball in Aus.

Reply #183685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:39 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754