ANNA
Years ago

Bruton and Boucher sign with New Zealand

CJ BRUTON HAS JUST SIGNED WITH THE NZ BREAKERS....SAME SHIZZLE DIFFERENT TEAM....HE WAS NEVER GOING TO EUROPE

(Mod: Title changed from the informative "YOU CHUMPS WANT SOME NEWS...??")

Topic #15573 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Welcome to yesterday Anna

Reply #183743 | Report this post

ANNA  
Years ago

well kent if you were that up on the latest news, you guys have nothing better to do with your lives, so you would have posted that comment, considering all the rubbish you guys tend to write on these forums....

Reply #183744 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

CJ to Breakers was first posted on this forum a few days ago even and surprisingly, no one really paid it any attention.

Great signings by New Zealand. Just need to finalise the one import spot they have room for (Rickert at centre?) and get a rookie for the bench.

Reply #183745 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

I personally can not wait to boo my lungs out if this does happen when the Breakers come to Brisbane!

Reply #183748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=74816

Reply #183752 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

People need to realize CJ is NO WHERE near what he was even 2 seasons ago....yet i assume his pay pack is! Really hope this move pays off big for the Breakers though, with an owner as personable and passionate as theirs, a top 4 finish would be great (for the NBL too).

Reply #183753 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Heck, I leave the country and it all starts happening!

Hmmm, so what does a contract actually mean anymore? According to the NBL Free Agents list released on March 31st, Sam Mac, CJ and Boucher were all contracted to the Bullets, yet they are able to just leave??

Reply #183754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C Rickert/Behrendorff
F Ronaldson/Forman
F Import/Boucher
G Penney/Henare
G Bruton/Jones

That is a pretty tough lineup.

From current offseason movement i tip...

1 Melbourne
2 Dragons
3 NZ Breakers
4 36ers (assuming Hodge signs)

Reply #183755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*Read Boti's article about the Bullets and cap*
-------------
Maybe the Bullets stopped paying their girlfriends wifes.

Reply #183756 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They can't fit in two imports under the points cap. I'd guess that the spare import spot will be insurance for any injuries to Bruton, Penney or Rickert?

Shaqdiddy, CJ had career-best FG and 3P percentages last season, and averaged 19-20 PPG alongside the league's top scorer. He's still pretty valuable IMO.

Reply #183757 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

How can CJ and Sammy-Mac just leave when they are contacted. Maybe a bit of loyalty. Brisbane went through a tough time, now they're through it and you're just going to leave becuase you are no longer getting ridiculous extra payments? Show some loyalty instead of bailing straight away as soon as you can no longer get extra supposedly illegal (within nbl) payments. Come on guys.

Reply #183758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henare, Jones, Ronaldson and Behrendorf..

4 reasons they are hopeless

Reply #183765 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Perhaps they are all leaving to develop their games better coaching or maybe its just the money.Perhaps we are finally seeing what really goes on MONEY talks the rest is nothing but a smoke screen.Its been happening for ages these arent the first 2 players to do this.

Reply #183773 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Nick,
Loyalty!!??!! - wake up and smell the coffee.

Brisbane lived by the sword and now they'll die by the sword.

Reply #183777 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

C J at 32 still a silky smooth, very fine player.
I was a big fan of his Dad's
Love watching C J play. He said he was going overseas.

Reply #183778 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Nick, it is called an 'out clause', which when invoked allows a player to get 'out' of his contract.

There are also a lot of other things like Teams not paying players which is in breach of a contract.

How do you know anything about extra payments? These people are looking after their own careers. There is no such thing as loyalty, it is Business. They will not be playing basketball forever.

Reply #183781 | Report this post

steve hull  
Years ago

camel 31
cal bruton had a great set of skills,but with his "shoot first attitude" he single handidly stuffed our point gaurd position internationly.
only now,with pat mills,do we have a distributer who can also shoot !!

Reply #183782 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There is such a thing as loyalty, it's just not that common in the current climate and in sport where players have a fixed timeline to earn the majority of their money. Brett Maher turned down a larger offer from a rival team a couple of years ago to stay with the 36ers (and presumably to keep his family in Adelaide).

Probably one of few examples though! Unless you count BJ Carter and Sydney - I'm sure he's had at least some offers to get more minutes at rival teams.

Reply #183783 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

He can shoot at 100% from the FG for all I care, from some of the games i saw, Bruton his appear to have lost a step. Think his decision making wasnt what it has beem either....BUT with a healthy roster around him, sure he most probably will be effective. But wouldnt surprise me if he avg closer to 13-15ppg and people start to go hmmmm.....

Reply #183796 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Suppose you do loose a step after 30.

Reply #183799 | Report this post

Philnaldo  
Years ago

Bruton's lost a step? Utter crap

Reply #183805 | Report this post

Ryan Kersten is better

Reply #183816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruton leaving and Bullets aren't happy and NBL starts investigation.

Hows is that fair when Bullets signed Bruton under the exact same circumstances?

Reply #183911 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Different owner/GM so I guess they can ask the questions if they want. I guess it comes down to parties' understanding of in/out of contract - e.g., did Groves give players permission to talk to other clubs? I suppose we'll see.

Reply #184151 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:57 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754