kad
Years ago

Reynella East Old Boys?

I did most of my HS at REHS and I remember Paul Rogers visiting a Media Studies class one morning to catch up with the teacher who was also the schools basketball coach.

I also vaguely remember people saying Maher also attended and played for REHS.

Anyone able to confirm any of this?

Topic #15581 | Report this topic

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Paul Rogers went to St. Paul's College.

Reply #183824 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

I also attended REHS and was under the impression that Mahersy went to school there.

Reply #183850 | Report this post

Mel Gibson  
Years ago

Mahersy did go to REHS before he went to AIS.

He began junior career at South Adelaide, before switching to sturt. His sister Natalie played at South Adelaide.

The coach you are talking about COULD be Tony Shillitoe...? Coached @ NCT(!) back in the day - (U20s?)

Reply #183864 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

You're not confusing Rogers with Schenscher? He's from that area, but Rogers grew up at Valley View and played for Norwood IIRR.

Reply #183896 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Rodgers DEFENENTLY visited Mr. Mezaros, my year 9 home group and media studies teacher teacher.

Thx for the Maher confirmation.

Reply #183898 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Teachers transfer all the time in public school levels or forced to move on after completing 10 years at a certain school. Rogers still could have visited him down South, but he grew up where the others said.

Reply #183955 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754