Random
Years ago

Quick Question

In the NBA top ten from the 24th of April, in the number 8 play, does Lebron take like four steps before the dunk or is there a really quick dribble before the last two? It looks different each time I see it, especially cause you wanna give the refs the benefit of the doubt.

Topic #15593 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

If it's the one I remember, even the commentators said three. I'd go for three.

Reply #183905 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

There are different rules for travel in NBA. It's not 2 steps, it's a "two count", so there is actually no limit on number of steps before the shot.

Reply #183924 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

That's just stupid. I reckon pretty much all of the rules of basketball should be universal. Left them keep the jump ball.

Reply #183963 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Well, the NBA is more about entertainment than pure basketball, so these rules are there to encourage more spectacular play (focus on the rim rather than what your feet are doing). Hence also things like banning zone defences, extended 3-pt line, 3sec defence rule ...

Getting away from the basics may be a partial explanation for the US failing at world champs etc, but NBA pays the bills, so doubt they would tighten things any time soon.

Reply #184015 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754