Johnny Sack
Years ago

Are Philly This Years Warriors???

... With defence???

I think that the reg season between these two teams was a 2/2 split - so it looks good... They have IMHO great balance (scoring (Iggy, L. Will, Green has his moments from time to time), distribution/leadership(Miller), and defence (Iggy, Nutgrabber and Delambeart (sp.))...

I think they are a very dangerous team in the East - thoughts... Going forward as well i think this is going to be a solid team... Louis Williams, FA SG, Iggy, Young, and Delambeart - and they have quality pieces to keep or trade (Miller/Green - have a lot of value to other teams i would think)... Unfortuantely - as they managed to make the playoffs they have denied themselves a high draft position - hence solid, not strong team... They are one young stud player away from being a great young team imho (Mayo would have been perfect!!! in that SG posi.)... Not forgetting they have Jason Smith from Colorado - who might be another piece of the puzzle...

And Mo Cheeks should win Coach of the year... (though Byron Scott will get it - also a deserving candidate, of course he had CP3)...

Thoughts...

Topic #15596 | Report this topic

rotate on this  
Years ago

Thaddeus Young is going to be a superstar . Mark that down folks . Give it 2 more years and as a 21 year old he will average 20 pts , 8 reb , 2 ass and 2 stls at over 50% from the floor and 80% from the line . Lou Williams is also on a sharp rise this season and you have to like the way coach cheeks has managed these 2 boys , giving them oppotunities but not without them having to earn them .

Reply #183932 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

I have to say i agree with your point on Mo's handling of minutes for the younguns (though at first didn't see it that way)... I picked up L. Will on the cheap as a FA for my yahoo fantasy team, and was at first outraged at Cheeks' use of him given he is such a precocious talent - but by the end of the season you could tell that (i am only going on stat lines here - mind you) L. Will was playing much more efficiently and consistently (and this will pay off in spades once 'Dre is gone - and L.Will ceases to be an understudy)... Sixers fans will come very close to forgetting about Allen Iverson once he becomes a starter...

Makes you wonder if Cheeks could have saved J.R. Smith from himself, had he had the chance...

Reply #183944 | Report this post

Borgs  
Years ago

Nope. They've better overall prospects this postseason than the Warriors had last. If they get by the Pistons then who knows where it could stop? They can definitely beat Orlando/Toronto, and they've already won in Boston this season, too.

Last season's Warriors were never going to do better than a one round fluke with their lax defense and gimmicky coach, roster and style. They were crushed as soon as they met a team that could offensively execute and hammer them in the paint.

There's plenty more resistance and resilience in Philly. I'm glad their doing well without the team-killing ballhog now.

Reply #183981 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Coming out of high school Lou Williams and Monta Ellis were neck and neck as prospects. Ellis is a pure 2 guard now, while Williams is becoming a legit NBA pg. Ellis is certainly the better of the 2 atm and will only get better but once Williams starts to get the minutes i think the gap will close between the 2.

Reply #183984 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Pistons are much tougher mentally than the Mavs were. When things get tough the Pistons step up their game while the Mavs start to second guess themselves (one of the reasons for the Kidd trade). Also I don't think Philly are quite as good as the Warriors were and definitely a little bit more predictable.

Reply #184894 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754