cheezeburger
Years ago

My thoughts: I dislike LeBron and Durant

i dislike everything about lebron james and kevin durant full stop.

Topic #15619 | Report this topic

Surmdog  
Years ago

lay off the special source cheezeburger,
your flooding hoops SA with your dribble

Reply #184093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares about your thoughts lameburger. Your favourite player is probably bruce bowen.
Ha Ha

Reply #184105 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

your a dick

Reply #184107 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

ok name 2 things that kevin durant offers?? and the thing that i dislike about lebron is that like jordan anything he does is over hyped.josh smith can do any dunk lebron can do smith can jump higher than lebron so i dont get why you fools are so wow about lebron.

if josh smith can match garnett then we have a big chance of taking this series!

Reply #184119 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

you must be smoking crack cheezeburger,
as far as i know theres more to a player than how high than can get up and whos a better dunker.
Kevin Durrant was pick #2 for a reason ya mess

Reply #184120 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Probably becasue LBJ is an alround player
even in my 360 Xbox he's close to a tripple double avg for the year :)

Reply #184146 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

You're comparing Lebron to Josh Smith based on their dunking and vertical leap?
lol.

Let's ignore the fact that Lebron's been averaging almost a triple double across the season at 28ppg 7.3rpg & 6.3apg..

Reply #184149 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Lebron is an absolute star but that is not "near a triple double".

Reply #184178 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Most players who go 30ppg 7rpg 7apg as a 23 year old will draw hype Cheezeburger.

And 20.3ppg 4.4rpg and 2.4apg in just 33 minutes aint that bad for a 19 year old rookie that gets literally all the defensive focus because last time I checked no one else on Seattle is a threat to clear space.

Reply #184180 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

Hey Dr Bullshit.

I said
Lebron's been averaging "almost a triple double across the season.."

Not

not "near a triple double".

Quote. Unquote.
So if you're gonna QUOTE me, quote me right.

And yeh, I think 28pp 7~rpg and 7~apg is ALMOST a triple double. Closer than Effin Josh the hero Smith.

Reply #184260 | Report this post

Stop being so pedantic. anyway you have your syntax all mixed up. Almost is way closer than near. Almost is like 30 9 9 and nearly is like Lebron

Reply #184262 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

I almost sharded when I nearly wet myself.

Reply #184263 | Report this post

Years ago

I'll be the first to agree with cheeze here. Well, slightly anyway. I don't really dislike either player that much, just don't really think they need to be overhyped so much.

Durant hasn't shown anything so far in the NBA but the ability to score through taking a lot of shots (and shooting a poor percentage). Jeff Green isn't a bad player for the Sonics. Oh, "but he doesn't command a double-team". Well, not that many players do. But if you leave Jeff Green (or pretty much any player) open, he'll score. Green will probably even score with someone on him.

As for LeBron, I realise he gets big numbers, and dunks nicely (which many NBA players can and do do), but he doesn't really do much for me. I don't get excited to watch him play. I don't know why, I just don't. I'd much rather watch DeShawn Stevenson try to stop/contain him, and see the Wizards try and win their series against Cleveland. Again, I dont know why, that's just what I prefer.

Reply #184269 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Durants had 1 season...1..."ability to score", it just so happens his ability to score is unreal for a guy on a team like that (did I mention he is 19?)

Takes a lot of shots and shoots at a poor percentage??? First off, he averaged just 17 shots per game...17 shots for 20 points isnt poor shooting...its efficient...his 43% is in the same boat as Kobe, T-Mac etc...I dont see how you can say that...and in 34 minutes a night?? unbelievable for a skinny young man like Durant who is (A) playing out of position, and (B) the focus of his oppositions defense every night with no one to help him out.

Why did you just start talking about Jeff Green...

DeShawn Stevenson cannot shut down anyone, have you seen the series so far....

In conclusion, what are you talking about...

Reply #184272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Lebron is an amazing player. But, like many others, I don't get particularly excited to watch him play. It's strange because when you break it down it's tough to fathom why. He hits some astounding shots, performs some incredibly athletic dunks, throws some superb passes and is quite possibly the most physically gifted athlete to ever play the game. So why my lack of interest?

I think it's because his game is not what I would call beautiful. His jumpshot mechanics are a little tight, his follow-through inconsistent. It's reasonably effective, but it's not attractive. His dunks are powerful, but not graceful. It almost seems as though his only thoughts when he dunks are to jump as high as he can and slam it through as hard as he can. Awesome, but beautiful? His movement with the ball is pure force. While going through someone is so much more effective than going around, it just doesn't look as good. No one else does it, because no one else can.

In the end, I think the athleticism that makes him so dominant is the very thing that takes the sparkle out of his game. If he were less of an athlete, he wouldn't be able to do things so easily, so he would have to become more creative and therefore, I think, more attractive. When I say less of an athlete, I mean down to the level of say Kobe.

This is to take nothing away from him as a player. I think he is incredible and while he is nothing like Jordan, Lebron is the first player since Jordan to have the potential to completely redefine the game and that, in itself, is reason to watch.

Reply #184279 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Ok Cheezeburger we understand you like Al Horford and that he is a very promising rookie on your favourite team (a young, exciting team at that). I too got a little overhyped when Ememka Okafor was having a great rookie year for my Bobcats. However hating on a 19 yr old kid who despite what you say is going to become one the best players in the entire league because he goes out and executes HIS COACHES game plan is ridiculous. Do you honestly think that Durant just goes out there and jacks up crap every single game because he simply is not good enough to do anything else? You seem to be oblivious to the fact that the entire basketball world knows that he has one of the most complete and lethal offensive arsenals of any player his age ever. Horford is a 23 yr old grown man and if he read this site im sorry to say but he would think your being a clown. Please mate save your own credibility here, you can post topics about your favourite players but there is no need to attack other players simply because they are in competition with your favurite player for an award. Sorry to say but it's not going to win Horford the award

Reply #184359 | Report this post

Years ago

jules, I mentioned Jeff Green because someone mentioned earlier that Seattle pretty much has nobody else, so Durant has to do it all. I was just giving an example of another good player they have.

To be honest, I haven't really been keeping too much track of Durant's percentages since earlier in the season. I admit he's doing well, and realise he's had one season, but he's got a lot of improvement to do as well. Specifically on his 3-point shot (just 28% of 2.7 attempts per game), and everything else not scoring related.

Reply #184375 | Report this post

Years ago

And by the way, Kobe has consistently shot better from the field and three-point line throughout his career. I know Durant has only played one season, but still, to say Durant is shooting just as well as Kobe is ridiculous. Kobe takes more shots, and shoots a better percentage doing so. Always has, even this year.

I know what I'm talking about jules. I'm talking about my opinion. IMO, Durant hasn't shown much more than an ability to score SO FAR. I know there are factors contributing to that, but I was expecting a different player in the NBA, judging from what I saw of him at Texas. Like more of a Kevin Garnett-type. Again, probably playing out of position has stopped him from showing that.

I never said anything like "OMG! Stevenson is shutting down LeBron totally!". I said I'd like to see someone like Stevenson TRY to shut down LeBron. I find it more enjoyable to see someone try and stop someone else, and take them out of their usuall game with good defensive play, than seeing offensive dominance. That's just me.

So yea, I'm not just spouting ridiculous garbage, I'm having an opinion, like everyone else.

Reply #184381 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Each team has about 3 or 4 Jeff Greens on their roster, he is nothing special in terms of freeing space...forcing doubles...changing defense etc...NOTHING at all...nice player though

Kobe consitant through his career...hmm..lets compare their rookie seasons...Kobe 7.6pts on 41%, to Durants 20.4 on 43%...

'Kobe takes more shots, and shoots a better percentage doing so. Always has, even this year.'

and you just compared the greatest player in the game today to Kevin Durant...(19year old - 11 year pro with 3 rings...mmm...) So because he doesnt play as well as Kobe for his rookie season, he doesn't deserve hype? (wait for Durants 11th year in the league...wow)

And he is nothing like Kevin Garnett, he is a shooting guard whose role is to score points

and lastly, WHAT? You like to watch guys TRY to play defense? Did that make any sense, doesn't everyone try to play defense...I dont see how you get off over wathcing Stevenson try and horribly horribly fail to even contain Lebron...I dont get that..

This thread started because 'cheeseburger...' said where does the hype from Durant come from...how can you play down at all, how impressive Durants been?

Reply #184425 | Report this post

Years ago

A couple of things:

- You started the Kobe comparison by saying that Durant shoots just as well as him.

- Kobe has always been a better shooter than Durant from 3 point range, even when you compare their rookie numbers.

- Check Durant's college stats, and you'll get why I thought he'd be similar to Kevin Garnett's early days at the next level. Off the top of my head, Durant played Power Forward for Texas, and averaged 25 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks per game.

- I prefer defensive players over LeBron James. Whether they are trying to play defense, are actually doing it, whatever. Don't be so pedantic about it. It's pretty obvious what I meant. Personally, I'd rather be known as, or try to make a name for myself as, a guy who can stop the star scorers. It's more difficult than it looks, and whoever is doing it (Stevenson or anyone) might fail more times than they succeed, but I think in these times where defense and hard work isn't really that fashionable for young, athletic guys (and Stevenson is very athletic), it's admirable that he wants to be that player, and I'd enjoy seeing guys like that (as well as athletic hustle guys like Matt Barnes and Ben Wallace) succeed. I understand you might not, and might not find that exciting or good to watch, it's fine that you have that opinion.

- Apart from score a lot of points, Durant hasn't really impressed me. He hasn't done anything outstanding away from scoring. I'm not playing down his achievements. He's a good player. I realise that. But he has a long way to go as well, so I really wouldn't even mention Kobe in the same sentence yet if not to respond to your comparison. And I realise Jeff Green isn't a standout, but he's easily among the top 10 rookies this year.

I'm not meaning to divert the topic and go back and forth, but I don't think anything I was saying was too outlandish or stupid, just my opinion.

Reply #184543 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

And just a few more things 3...

So you thought he'd be like Garnett in his early days (10ppg 6.3rpg 1.8apg), instead he averaged 20ppg and that dissapointed you?! He'd be better in your eyes had he averaged 10 less points and 1 1/2 rebounds more?

And I'd be very surprised if Durant played 1 minute at power forward at Texas, and even still, a college body is a lot different (like the game itself) to an NBA body.

OK..when did Stevenson become that guy? How admirable...he isnt a 'stopper'

And I get this all about opinion, but let me bag your opinion for a second...So your saying you sit tehre watching TV and get pumped when Lebron faces up Stevenson, burns him like hes nothing and dunks on the whole team...and you sit there like "YES DESHAWN NICE TRY" beucase thats what it sounds like...And theres nothing I enjoy more than Kobe/Bowen go at it together, or Rip Hamilton and Bryant off the ball...Thats the defense I like, but guys trying to stop people...who arent succeeding...and who aren't even defensive players...thats just absurd to me...You sure your not trying to sound like one of those basketball 'purist' like Bizzy is.....PFFFT..haha

AND WHAT!?! Lebron IS that guy as well an excitement machine. Each time they play the Lakers he takes it upon himself to try and stop Kobe Bryant and the Cavs have won both games...And did you just call Ben Wallace a hustle player....... :|

"Hes a good player...I realise that, but has a long way to go"...

Jamario Moon is a good palyer with a long way to go
Jeff Green is a good player with a long way to go
Tyrus THomas is a good player with a long way to go

KEVIN DURANT is one of the most elite scorers in the game, and at 19, has a ridiculous future ahead of him regardless how many assists and rebounds he averaged in his rookie season

ANd you first mentioned Jeff Green when I said Durant does this scoring with no one to take pressure off him and all the defenisve attnetion. Being a top 10 rookie this season just doesnt do it...

Reply #184556 | Report this post

Years ago

I think you take every word I say too literaly.

Durant isn't an elite scorer. If he had more help around him, he wouldn't be taking as many shots, and probably wouldn't be scoring as much. And what I basically meant by early Garnett (I didn't meant literally rookie Garnett) that he'd have higher rebounding and defensive numbers. As I've said, I'm impressed with his scoring. But he does little else above and average level at this stage. And you can't tell me that a guy who's 6'10" and averaging 12 rebounds per game in college (who was said to be a SF/PF combo in all the talk I heard before last years draft) never played one minute at Power Forward in college.

I'm not trying to sound like a basketball purist. I'm just stating what I like. To be honest, I don't even know who Bizzy is. I'm not on here that often that I notice everyone's tastes and styles of posting.

DeShawn Stevenson has obviously not stopped LeBron James, and might never do so. I admit it. Big deal. I used him as an example of a defensive stopper. As far as the Wizards go, he's as close as they have to that. And being an elite scorer (way above the level of Durant), as well as being 3 inches taller and about 40lbs heavier than Stevenson, LeBron is almost unstoppable, so I'd like to see any one player in the league totally shut him down by themselves. It probably can't be done. If I want to really mention top defensive players, I can if you like. Bowen, Prince, Artest. Some of my favourite NBA players. I enjoy good defensive play. LeBron plays good defense, but he's not in the top flight of defenders in the league yet. And yea, Ben Wallace has really never put any effort and hustle in, has he (that's ridiculous).

Basically, I don't get excited watching LeBron James. He's a great player, but he doesn't really appeal to me. You obviously do, and that's great. My favourite NBA players are Ron Artest, Matt Barnes, Marcus Camby and Reynaldo Balkman. I also like Stephen Jackson, Chauncey Billups and Tracy McGrady, who are known moreso for their offensive output. If you don't like any of them, or don't get "excited" by them, that's fine, because you're entitled to your opinion. But there's no need to straight out bag me for liking one player (or type of player, whatever) more than another, because it's just personal choice.

Reply #184593 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

last post for me..

20.4ppg puts you in elite scoring category...you do realise how few average over 20...

And no, with help the Sonics wouldn't have such a pathetic record and Durants scoring would go UP because he will finally be able to breathe and have some space. Thats how it works. Just like the most recent example I can think of. Amare gets Shaq in the post with him, 29ppg since the trade. There is no one on Seattle to shift defensive focus, thats the problem. And Ben Wallace, maybe because he fit in with the Pistons scructure was a great defensive player years ago...Its 2008, he is in Cleveland, he has been constantly bagged the last 2-3 seasons for NOT putting in an effort. (Thats why Varejo plays out games and not Big Ben)

You just dont get the whole 19 year old thing do you? What were you expecting seriously? A 19 year old rookie to go off for not only 20ppg, but 6-10 rebounds? Maybe 5-6 assists? I understand not comparing Garnetts rookie season, but he IS a PF,C (Reboudning position). Durant is a SG/SF, with his body size I dont think its expected of him to be a consistant rebounder in the NBA, regardless of college stats. Its not that often a rookie has a season like Durants had, he is a truely special player and anyone who even thinks otherwise has no idea what they are talking about.

You said before you enjoy watching people TRY play defense, and its ADMIRABLE...I used the Lebron WANTING to guard Kobe example, but you just shut it down...wouldnt you prefer what you praise Stevenson for, but a thousand times better plus 30-40 points on the other end? I just dont get it...Lebron is that guy thats...(sigh) tries to play defense...

And thanks for letting me know your favourite NBA players and that Bowen, Prince and Artest are good defensive players...

Reply #184597 | Report this post

Years ago

I get the whole 19 year old thing. I just thought Durant was going to rebound and block more shots, just judging by his college numbers. I obviously made an incorrect assumption.

Just so you know, 31 different players averaged 20 points or more (with another 11 averaging between 19 and 20) this NBA season. That means on average pretty much every team has a 20 point scorer. I'm not devaluing it, because Durant has obviously achieved a lot, but he's not quite "elite" (as in Kobe/LeBron class) yet.

You obviously just don't get how I don't like LeBron. That's fine. For some reason he doesn't really appeal to me, no matter if he tries or actually does play defense. It's nothing to do with his style particularly. I can appreciate all types of players. I mean, I'm hardly going to like Tracy McGrady for his defense, am I? There's just something about LeBron that doesn't appeal to me. I don't know why, it just doesn't.

I'm happy to leave it at that. Good to debate things with you though.

Reply #184765 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:27 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754