M Dizzle
Years ago

Bobcats fire Vincent...Larry Brown a possibility?

The Charlotte Bobcats announced the firing of Sam Vincent as their head coach after only one season, which IMO was a move they had to make. Vincent really made a mess of a decent roster in the east and showed he was not up to scratch in terms of running the show.

With Larry Brown recently resigning from his role with the 76ers and stating he would welcome a return to coaching (word is he has interest in the job) could Charlotte be his next stop?. With his ties to the Charlotte area and also Jordan from his North Carolina days, I think he's a great chance at getting the job. An inexperienced coach didn't work well with their young roster however I believe a coach with Brown's experience could definately see them heading towards their first playoff birth next season.

Thoughts?

Topic #15623 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

HAPPY DAYS..........

Finally a move in the right direction for this franchise.

The Bobcats recently signed with Time Warner (possibly more Bobcat games in Australia being shown on FOX) and gave them the naming rights to the stadium.

Jordan needs to get Larry Brown to sign on the dotted line, and than make a smart move during the draft. I'd like to see them move down the draft ladder a little (unless they jag a top 3 pick) and select Javale McGee or DeAndre Jordan. Wonder if Portland could be sweet talked around to swapping picks and also giving up Jack or Rodrigeuz (Cats need a backup PG).

2nd round pick I'd like them to make a play for DeVon Hardin, Shan Foster or Joey Dorsey (if he slides a little).

I'd also like to see them buy a mid-late first rounder and select Roy Hibbert. Maybe Utah could be interested in selling theirs.

Then resign Okafor to a decent contract. I'm thinking around $55mill over 5. What he was thinking when he turned down $12 mill a year I'll never know, and after a so-so season his value is down a little.

Next season will also see the return of Morrison and that lazy turd, McMay...

Reply #184124 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:17 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754