Anonymous
Years ago

TI/Development camps, U14

I know it is a big ask...but do participants at the recent U14 TI camp receive any written feedback?

I know our team reps thoroughly enjoyed and valued the experience.
Well done to everyone involved.

Topic #15629 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Obviously not! Would be useful to know though if anyone thinks your kid is any good though or will be good later on, especially the ones that go to the Development Camp as the TI camp kids are already playing Div 1, so one would assume that they are doing quite well! No feedback though in my opinion would make a lot of parents assume that there kid has not been noticed unless they got MVP or ALL STAR 5.

I do think however, that to provide written feedback to every kid that went to these camps would be a mammoth task. You may need to seek out one of the coaches and ask for yourself how your kid went.

Reply #184476 | Report this post

YAMIFAT  
Years ago

One thing about T.I. camps is that I cant see why the kids parents have to pay for the privilige of their kids being identified as "talented"

Reply #184512 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Hey just curious, my nephew was named MVP of one of the grades (if their is grades there, not sure of the details of the camp) - what his parents and I want to know is, what does this mean for him?? Will BSA keep a track of his progress now?? Are the State coaches there?? Will they be aware of him now??

What I mean is, what are the benefits for him to be named MVP of this camp??

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply #184515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well your nephew has just been identified as the most valuable player at an identification camp..

So yes, obviously coaches see something in him/her and as long as he/she keeps displaying potential.

Next step is probably SASI selection, i'm sure your nephew will be in very good contention for a spot in the squad.. and then following that is State selection. By this time all coaches invloved will know your nephew and been tracking progress..

MVP at "TI" camp is a good start.. where to from here is up to your nephew and how hard they want to work

Reply #184521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh and i'm sure he got a cool t-shirt that says MVP.. thats another benefit

Reply #184523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YAMIFAT,

I would assume you are paying (mainly) for court hire. And perhaps the coaches? Plus probably other things (t-shirts?).

Reply #184527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YAMIFAT, you are paying for the priveledge of your kid been identified as talented. Thus the name Talent Identification. Sooner or later someone has to pay for these things; at higher levels its tax payers, junior fees, entrance fees etc.

Reply #184528 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Cheers anon, that's everything we wanted to know, and he is a pretty determined young man, so fingers crossed...and yes, he got a t-shirt with MVP on it, which he proceeded to rub into his brother and sister's face.

Reply #184530 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Speed44 - the next step in your nephews development may be to head to 'Acid Jazz' tryouts. If they can actually find the team these days that is ;0

Reply #184534 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Statman, if only the team was still operating, I've got 4 nephews who could play for us now, we could just sit on the bench and chill now, and leave them out on the court with Browny!

Reply #184535 | Report this post

Donald Trump  
Years ago

TI Camps are just another money-making exercise for BSA.

Reply #184539 | Report this post

Ivana Trump  
Years ago

From the U14 TI Camp, a squad of 20+ players are selected to train with the State coaching direstor on Saturday afternoons in terms 3 and 4. From this group an U15 SASI group is chosen for 2009.

These groups bgecome especially crucial now as there is a FIBA World U17 Tournament played every 2 years. Which will be selected by the ITC program.

PS Donald I want half.

Reply #184550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its meaningless!

Reply #184553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wanna know something funny, one of my players was MVP of their camp but couldn't make the All Star 5???

How does that work?

Reply #184625 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

They never do! Cant have 2 bits at the cherry!

Reply #184629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whyt can't they have 2 bites?

Reply #184637 | Report this post

nobody has ever been in the allstar5 and mvp. it's just the way it is done bozo.

Reply #184640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ease up meaninglesswhinger, just asking a question FFS. And because its just done that way, doesn't mean its gospel. Ever heard the story of the 5 monkeys? Explains why you shouldn't blindly follow something because its just they way its done.

Reply #184643 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754