Defence wins Games
Years ago

Despite clot, Tigers want Sam for three

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23619711-11088,00.html

Despite his illness the Tigers still wants MacKinnon for a 3 year deal . Hodge also said to be on standby if Thomas decides not to return .

Topic #15646 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I doubt Hodge is on stand by

Also that is a hell of an agent that can get you a three year deal when you will miss a heap of games because you are on blood thiners to avoid blod clots giving you a heart attck or stroke AND you have bad knees AND you are on the downward slide in your career.

Reply #184479 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Interesting indeed.

Reply #184489 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

is it for 3 years or 3pts ;)

Reply #184493 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Rumour is Sam Mack wants around $210k a year, is this too much??? Is this grossly underestimated?

Reply #184494 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

$210k a year?
seems to have majorly re-negotiated his asking price.
rumour (and i stress- rumour) was that he was getting close to $400k here is brisbane.
if he wasn't unhappy and the bullets and sam no longer on good terms, then i don't think brisbane would've had a problem paying him $210k a year.
interesting times ahead.

Reply #184499 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Sam should finish his team rotation and go to South Melbourne; to complete the loop so to speak.

I have no idea why Melbourne would need Mackinnon considering how good Dave Barlow is. Melbourne basically have a top notch team that doesn't need changing; unless of course "winning titles" is getting boring and they want to knock it up a notch.

Considering the salary cap scenarios in this league; how could you afford 210k on the Tigers team. Last time I checked (which was a bloody long time ago) wasn't the cap set to something like 750k?

Reply #185124 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:00 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754