Anonymous
Years ago

Is this LA's year?

Could the Lakers take it this year? Kobe, Odom and Gasol are on song and if their is a coach around the league that knows how to win a championship it's Phil Jackson.

What do people think?

Speaking as a Lakers fan I would love to see a modern day revival of the Celtics V Lakers rivalry for the championship. Which for those who don't know Started when Elgin Baylor and Jerry West were begining their carrers back in the late 50's early 60's and the celtics beat the lakers in 7 different grand final series'. the rivalry was the re ignited with the Magic V Bird rivalry in which the lakers had the better of Boston.

Now in my opinion would be a fantastic oportunity to see another chapter in the rivalry written.

by the way championship count
Lakers 14 none since 01-02(both as Minneapolis and LA)
Celtic 16 none since 85-86

Topic #15647 | Report this topic

M-Wills  
Years ago

Yeah, a Celtics-Lakers rivalry would be awesome. Think about the matchups. KG on Gasol? Ray on Kobe or Pierce on Kobe? Pierce on Odom perhaps??
It would be a very interesting championship series of they did meet.

Reply #184472 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I believe this is possible. Once the trade for Gasol was made, it feels right and like that Gasol was the missing piece of the puzzle.

I said since that trade, it's worth placing money on the Lakers. It still is.

I think the Lakers can do it and I'd love to see a modern day rivalrly match-up with the Celtics.

The Lakers will be strong if Bynum can return and make an impact.

Let's see what happens.

Reply #184488 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

If bynum gets any form back whatsoever id say they are hot favourites.

Reply #184750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u guys crazy Celtics would wipe the court with the Lakers... as for a rivalry... it was all media last time as Lakers had no chance of beating the celtics.

Reply #184792 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Celtics are barely wiping the floor with the Hawks...

Reply #184816 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:15 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754