boucher
Years ago

When will David Andersen play NBL?

how long you think it will be before he comes back to our league? i think if he misses out on nba next season it might be his last in europe, wanting to come home etc..

what nbl club would he be most likely to go to?

Topic #15668 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

He is not "missing out on the NBA", he's getting paid more in Europe than he would in the NBA, and more than most NBL teams are getting paid.

Reply #184706 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Atlanta need to bite the bullet and stop being tight arses and pay him!

Surely would have been able to match up a bit on Garnett or Perkins..

Reply #184709 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Atlanta's biggest problems are their interior defence and rebounding. 2 things Andersen can help them with, even if its only 10-15 mins a game to sure things up. If they are committed to moving forward I think he has to be in their plans.

Reply #184712 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

When it comes to paying that kind of cash, every club will go "Well, Lebron does this and gets paid this; so Andersen does this and wants to be paid that..."

They'll basically compare the workload that current NBA players get based on skill etc. and use that as a base.

Most likely he'll get shot down cash wise in the 1st season. If he's smart, Andersen would take a 1 year contract and work his arse of then put out bids next season for what he wants.

Reply #184713 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

When it comes to paying that kind of cash, every club will go "Well, Lebron does this and gets paid this; so Andersen does this and wants to be paid that..."

They'll basically compare the workload that current NBA players get based on skill etc. and use that as a base.

Most likely he'll get shot down cash wise in the 1st season. If he's smart, Andersen would take a 1 year contract and work his arse of then put out bids next season for what he wants.

Reply #184714 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

excuse my ignorance, but who is he?
is he a local boy from sa?

Reply #184723 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

No just Australia's best power forward.

Reply #184728 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Plays in Europe and for the Boomers. One of Australia's best players after Bogut, Nielsen, etc.

Reply #184733 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Big Marty
why would he do that? he is getting paid more in Europe and all ready showed he is NBA ready.

Why would he take a pay cut to play for them?

I dont think he has to work any harder to show that he can play in the NBA.

Olympics will be very interesting.

Also with your example of Lebron are you saying that you avaerage 1/3 of his stats you should get paid 1/3 as much?

Reply #184734 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Ahead of Nielson, IMO.

Apparently Atlanta are going to go hard after him this offseason, as his contract with CSKA is going to expire. He's been shooting them down for years now, as he makes a heap of coin in Russia. Someone on OzHooops gave a link to a recent SI article, saying he makes US$1.6 million net - as in the club pays for everything from his taxes to his car on top of that 1.6.

Article:
http://linky.com.au/2130t

Reply #184737 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Andersen is a gun and is holding all the cards...upt to Atlanta to step it up if they want him.

Reply #184756 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Is he really that good? I'm talking in NBA terms. I think he could get a spot on a NBA team BUT how far down the bench?

He's earning good coin in Euro and getting to play ball, what's to complain about.

Reply #184778 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

CSKA would easily be a playoff team if they played NBA this season.

Reply #184783 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Kent, if you were actually in David Andersen's position, I'm sure you would stay in Europe but despite the cash etc. you'd get from playing there; you have to keep in mind that it isn't the NBA.

If the NBL was in a position to have the same level of funding, exposure etc. as europe; I doubt that people wouldn't still try for the NBA just for the fact it is the NBA.

Logically, Andersen should stay in Europe; but if he actually REALLY wants to play in the NBA, I doubt any club would actually try to outpay what he's already getting, not when they can get someone locally who plays just as well, if not better.

It sucks that most NBA clubs are tightarses but that's life.

Reply #184799 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

The other thing to consider how many games he would be playing in Euroland. They play 82 + Playoffs in the NBA. His Earn/Game would be very awesome.

Reply #184827 | Report this post

Babushka Babushka  
Years ago

In Russia, Anderson gets to take home $1.75 million US - and pay no tax, free rent, chaffeur, chef, bell & whistle. If the Hawks want him they will need to come up with a minimum $2.5 million

Reply #184840 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:04 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754