smithy
Years ago

abl predictions

anyone doing predictions on abl season???????????

Topic #1572 | Report this topic

Rite  
Years ago

The men's race is open. I would say Sturt even though I did give them a spray last year.
Women's is who is going to be second to North..??

Reply #17923 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

Forestville - if they get Dix back, and Pero & Reesy play. Biggest Forntline in the ABL.

Eastern - Back to back? Maybe.

North - can do it, I reffed a couple of games when they blew out teams, but also reffed the game when Woodville Schooled them - at hillcrest. .

Sturt - Are Williams, Forman, Gower, all suiting up? If so, they are in with a huge chance.

Southern - Chance to improve on last year. Reffed them a couple of times last year, they have the goods, but need to be more disciplined.

Centrals - with Wilkey, Reggie (is he playing for them?) expect them to improve. Have shown some patches in Summer comp. The Sleeping giant.

Woodville - Interesting with Lots of player movements, young team. Whitmore - come back!

West - Will be competitive. They always are.

South - Shows glimpses. we'll see how they go.

Norwood - They can play - but can they keep it consistent.

I have not put this in any particulr order. I am looking forward to seeiing these teams when I ref them next season.

MP

Reply #17927 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haven't Norwood quietly amassed the roster to end all ABA rosters?

What are the likely line-ups for each team?

Reply #17930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my prediction is the team that wins the most games will finish at the top of the table....my crystal ball told me!!!

Reply #17939 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

South looks like this...Kosmider, Scanlan, Truck, Thur, Baylis, Pilkington, Steve Williams, Matt Davies, Agirl(???), McKenzie, Lockyear and a couple of the younger guys, and maybe two old old blokes. Hope I didn't leave anyone out!

Reply #17940 | Report this post

Dyl  
Years ago

sounds like a strong team panther...hopefully i'll be out to see u boys train sometime soon and see u back in action...the league has missed a character like you...

Reply #17944 | Report this post

yoyo  
Years ago

panther, i think you have just confirmed which team is going to finish bottom....unless your two old guys are of NBL standard.

Reply #17957 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Mens's Sturt v Southern

Women's North v Forestville

It should be a very close competition in the men, and expect centrals to improve and cause some headaches. North to dominate the Women's and take out the national title as well. Forestville 2nd, Sturt 3rd, Norwood 4th then a trafic jam.

Reply #17961 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

just a rumour at this stage, but i heard from a very inside source that mark davis is suitin up for the panthers.... i think that may count as one of their old schools

Reply #18003 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

Panther i think it looks like a great line up ....almost. I would like to see Dylan Hicks playing, now i know that is not going to happen but I think we still miss him. Is Luke Frost going to play?

Reply #18006 | Report this post

good chance  
Years ago

well how about centrals with wilkey, watson, vandenburgh, clayton, hammond, atkins, harvey and atkins that will log most of the minutes. you have quality scorers there and smallish but quick big men.

Reply #18008 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Thanks yo yo, if I knew who you were I would put a pineapple on that bet and i'm sure a lot of other people will too...
Mum, yes Luke is playing, I knew I would forget someone!!!

Reply #18026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West: Adam Pearce (pg), Danny Phillips (sg), Ben Evans (sf), Paul Bell (pf), Blake Truslove (c) (apparently???)

Bench: will consist of Shane Crothers, Michael Furmaniak, Daniel Zacharjak, Rory Craddock, Luke Walsh, Mark Ali

West maybe in the recruiting market though with Nash and Truslove may not be suiting up.

If it's only Nash then they can get a great player, if its both Nash and Truslove then the bearcats can get two maybe three great players.

Remember Cioffi is in Italy so that might free up some space in the Bearcats cap.

I'd like to see what the West voard come up with! They can buy a championship if they spend wisely

Reply #18124 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754