Marco
Years ago

Bullets look average atm!

So far confirmed are: Hill, Gibson, Weigh, Goulding, Rigby, Petrie and Vandergaght. That is 7, i think Goulding will still be a development. So that is 6 players, of which, really only Gibson and Hill are to be considered as "Bullet quality players". To be honest the team looks more like a West Sydney/Wollongong cheap cover team atm. I may be wrong, and no disrespect to the players, but honestly, this is the Bullets, not West Sydney/ Hunter
STARTERS
PG- Gibbo/New signing
SG- Ebi?/Hill
SF- Import/Weigh
PF- Dusty?/Rigby
C- Bradshaw?/Vandergaght

What i would like to see is:
Gibbo/ Hill
Ebi/Weigh
Dusty/Rigby
Bradshaw/Young Aussie BackUp
Helliwell/Vandergaght

Topic #15733 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

I dont know if the Sixers were looking at Rigby at all or whether he could have even be fitted in points wise.
I would have loved to see him as a backup for Balls, go hard player who always gives his all and a reasonable replacement for Boucher.

Reply #185364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I disagree about Rigby, has been solid over the years, but just to slow for the tempo I assume the 6ers plan on. Shoot yourself in the foot if you had Luke and Cam on at the same time!

Reply #185370 | Report this post

Bradfan  
Years ago

Ebi to the Dragons is the latest rumour. Anyone else know anything?

Reply #185379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would count Helliwell and Bradshaw out. Ebi 2. Dusty unlikely. Bullets are looking horrible. Certainly a budget squad, is Vanderjagt capable of doing what Cam Tragardh did last season? Letting him go sure seems like a bad idea now. This Weigh bloke better be an Ingles type impact rookie as well.

Reply #185389 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Its not a cellar dweller team tho. Weight, Rigby and Gibbo are ALL legit. Watch Goulds become this seasons Ng.

Reply #185391 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Basically, Brisbane are returning to their former glory of 5 years ago where their team is below par and no one cares.

Go Sixers.

Reply #185398 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Rigby is over rated and only ever worried about himself. Poor pick up. Weigh is quality and was rated very highly at the Tute. Great shooter. Need to quality imports to worry any teams including the Gong.

Reply #185404 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

They do look sad indeed.

Reply #185407 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not looking too good for them at the moment. With good imports they could win a few games, but they will probably struggle. However, at least they've tried to pick up the free agents that are available rather than waiting too long.

Reply #185411 | Report this post

azza  
Years ago

what about bobby brannen? possible come back? or even freeman?

DO SOMETHING BULLETS!!! it's not fair to loyal supporters!!

Reply #185434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NOT a cellar dweller team? They are sure shaping up that way.
The aussie talent does not look impressive at all. Gibbo's the only really legit starter. Hill's a solid benchy. Vanderjagt a back up big, not really starter quality from what i've seen. Rigby is Rigby. Weigh better be good, but he's still a rook. They must be desperate to get Dusty naturalised in time.

Reply #185491 | Report this post

Fred Smith  
Years ago

Is Dusty still a chance? Thought he was going elsewhere. Would have liked to have seen some of other players hang around like they said they were going to. Hopefully Joey & Kerlie will find some quality out there for us.

Reply #185521 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:24 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754