Isaac
Years ago

Ebi Ere signs with Dragons

The Dragons have recently mentioned that they were trying to get Ebi Ere. Rumour just in is that they've got him.

Good to keep him in the league, but it will make South very strong this season.

Topic #15758 | Report this topic

the_champ33  
Years ago

Great signing for the Dragons if its true. Great to keep him in Australia. He's definitely entertaining and worth the money to watch.

Reply #185641 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

shit!
makes them tough...

Reply #185642 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

So South Melbourne is the new Brisbane - i.e. "ridiculously disregarding the salary cap in an attempt to buy a championship"?.

Reply #185644 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Lots of new employees at the marketing dept hey?

Points Cap check

Ere 10
Horvath 10
Ingles 9
Worthington 10
Burston 7
Smith 8
Vukona 8
Martin 5
Hobba 4
Herbert 3

= 74 Points how are they doing this squad?

and they only have 1 point guard in Martin.

Reply #185647 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I think Ingles holds a lower internal rating maybe?

Reply #185648 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ingles would still be signed under a previous contract which makes him a 1.

Reply #185649 | Report this post

Marco  
Years ago

i'd say that vukona would be less than an 8, ie 6
horvath would have been re-rated after being out for a while- ie 7
burston could be on loyalty down to a 6
martin re-rate to 4

thats already down to 68

although still gotta add that second import

Reply #185650 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Vukona is an 8, Horvath a 10, etc.

Here are the ratings

Reply #185651 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Gee whiz how valuable is that Ingles contract to the goons effectively a free hit at 8 points.

Also from the way i read it under the rules when Joe comes out of contract he gets deduction of 2 points for loyalty so still only making him a 7 point player.

Reply #185655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi is 10
Horvath 10
Burston 6
Wortho 10
Ingles 1
Vukona 8
Smith 8
Martin 4
Hobba 4
Herbie 1

62 all up i think, and hobba and martin havent been re-signed yet either as far as i know. What's the limit again? Still need that young aussie....who is hopefully a point guard on a small money contract.

Reply #185656 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't Ingles fulfill the YAP requirement?

Reply #185658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was thinking the same thing. But in the paper there was mentioned something about having to sign 1 still and how the college returnees are asking too much and the AIS guys are choosing college.

"The Dragons are also having trouble securing an under-23 Australian player to fill the mandatory place for young talent on their 10-man active roster.

"Some of the guys coming back from college (in the US) want ridiculous money, six figures," Goorjian said.

"And the kids from the AIS are choosing college over us." Grantley Bernard in today's Herald Sun, May 8 2008.

Reply #185659 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

I guess we should say goodbye to the Dragons in 2010 then. Old boy Gorj is up to his usual tricks, moves to a team when promised mega bucks to buy the team. Puts together a team well above the salary cap wins a championship and shortly thereafter they fold due to the heavy financial loses of the previous seasons.Of course it doesn't matter to him, some other idiot will do the same thing to win a championship as well.

Reply #185669 | Report this post

Nash2Stoudemire  
Years ago

So according to the recently released internal ratings and what I have read on the Dragons website, this is our current roster... Please correct me if I have made a mistake somewhere.

Ere(I)= 10
Horvath = 10
Worthington = 10
Vukona = 8
Smith = 8
Burston = 6
Ingles = 1
Herbert= 1

=54 out 68 points used

1 Import Spot Open

PG:?/?
SG:Ere/Herbert
SF:Ingles/Smith
PF:Worthington/Vukona
C:Burston/Horvath

--------------------------------------------------
With 14 points left and an import spot anything could happen.

In my perfect world, would love to get Hodge (10) & Aaron Bruce (3). Not going to happen though :(

Also what about development players? Is Seebohn staying on?

Reply #185714 | Report this post

Oldschool  
Years ago

Nash....im with you

Why are people saying we are turning out Financial Losses...Is there any reports of this?

I just cant wait for 36rs vs Dragons

Ninnis, Holmes and Hill vs Old Team...

Should be a cracker....Wortho to give it to Holmesy Boy

Ere adds some scoring punch but that was what Cortez was supposed to do but under Heal he was never going to score 30+

Speaking of which anyone heard where Cortez is headed this yr?

Reply #185735 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Financial losses are based on fairly reasonable guesses at salaries from people with decent contacts, e.g., 250+ to Ere, 250+ to Worthington, around 250 to Smith (waste of money, IMO), 150 to Vukona, etc. That's the salary cap gone in four players.

Reply #185736 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I don't think Smith would be on that much nowadays, but the rest are about right.

Haven't we all but established that the salary cap is crap anyway? I don't think there's a team that's under it. Maybe Hawks, Slingers and Pigs, but that's it.

We have room under points for a PG (big hole there)and a young player (Would almost have to be a backup PG unless they hold Martin). Bruce would be the guy that everyone is after.

Hell of a roster if Burston can stay healthy and Horvath keeps up.

Reply #185770 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Is the Ere info fact or rumour?

Reply #185790 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Very strong rumour. If 10 is 'fact', I'd have it as at least 8.5 as the source was very good. e.g., don't bet your house on it, but for the purposes of forum discussions, fantasy depth charts and the like, you can consider him signed IMO.

Reply #185795 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

As someone mentioned earlier, what about Seebohm??? He would fit the U23 player.

Reply #185800 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I'd make the 8.5 into a 9.5, based on what I've heard too.

Reply #185806 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

EC - you have many times stated that there is little or no valuer in targeting local players. Imagine Holmes, Forman and Ingles all on loyalty reduction in a Sixers uniform. Leaves plenty of cap space to sign say a Worthington or a Bruton when there's a clean out at other clubs. There's the real value, not extra crowd numbers.

Reply #185807 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

doc, I have said target the best players, not necessarily local players and not necessarily ignore local players either. Im not sure what you mean about your comments regarding loyalty reduction, but wouldn't that theory blow out the window considering Forman and Holmes have disregarded loyalty by leaving Adelaide and Ingles never played for Adelaide. This is the exact reason why you shouldn't look at local players with that theory in mind.

Reply #185875 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Keep players under contract and they will be less likely to leave!

Reply #186181 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Shannon Seebohm has apprently been forced into permanent retirement due to his heart problems.

Sad for the young bloke.

Reply #186185 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:19 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754