bolks
Years ago

Dallas' New Coach

Just went onto nba.com and saw that apparently Rick Carlisle is going to be the new coach of the mavs. What does everyone think? As a big mavs fan i don't mind it. Also, what does everyone think about what will happen to Josh Howard now?

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/Coaching_hire050708.html

Topic #15776 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Josh Howard is overrated and a total choker. I hope he's traded elsewhere.

The Mavs need some better players around Dirk.

I'm pissed off with the current issue of "Handle" magazine where they have there top 10 of SF in the League.

Josh Howard rates 10th, which I don't think he deserves after his playoff effort.

Reply #185900 | Report this post

the hamma  
Years ago

Didnt think we should have fired Avery

atleast we didnt go after Mike D

Reply #185901 | Report this post

tmagz03  
Years ago

josh howard overrated?
are u kidding?
Yes he had a shocking finals series but we dont know the reason why so you cant claim him overrated for that....from my understanding jason kidd played horrible also, would you call him overrated?
Josh howard is a 6"5 guard who consistently got you 20 points and 7 boards night in and night out during the regular season. He is anything but overrated.

I wonder what sparked the sacking of Avery. I remember hearing about heated discussions involving Avery and Mark Cuban about the game time of some of the players. I think a lot had to do with the limited game time Brandon Bass was getting.

Reply #185903 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Josh Howard IMO is under rated. his a star on your team that adds alot of flavour. i would asume his a keeper.

Reply #185906 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Sacking Avery Johnson was wrong.

Josh Howard is a choker in the big games like this years playoffs. He doesn't excite me much.

Jason Kidd was pretty average + was also shown up by the new era of Chris Paul.

Reply #185907 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Jason Kidd needs to score a lot more the mavs are to be successful next season. Even if he is getting 7 rebounds and 9 assits a game, he needs to score more than 8 points a game. Its simply not enough. One game late in the season he scored 27 points and had about 10 assits and 5 rebounds not to mention a win of about 15 points or something. We need to just let kidd do his thing a make sure he scores more.

Reply #185911 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

A big fan of J-Ho... I like this game. He did suck during the playoffs.

Dallas need to keep him. He's a 20ppg 7rpg player that is on a reasonable contract. There ain't many better SF out there that isn't on a max or near max contract and could be available. Outside of J-Ho, Dirk and Bass the Mavs don't have many trade options. At the moment his trade value is down after his performance and the dope smoking interview.

J-Ho had his best year and stepped up as the Mavs second option. There has been some whispers of a Michael Redd and J-Ho/Stack or a Marion and J-Ho/Stack swap.

Reply #185913 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Don't get Redd. We need team players, not bloody all for myself players. Get Marion and play him at SF. Move Dampier to the bench and dirk or bass play centre. Kind of regreting the mavs putting diop in that kidd trade. Two more things, TR where did you here those rumours and does anyone know what deal dampiers on/ how many more years.

Reply #185916 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Damps contract is alright. It's not good but it's not horrendous either.

07/08:$10,590,500
08/09:$11,553,000
09/10:$12,115,500

Remember that this is the last year that the Mavs have to pay Michael Finley and Shawn Bradley. They paid Finley over $18 million and Bradley over $5 million for the 07/08 season. Oh they also chucked around $1.8 million towards Mbenga.

I read the rumor in the Dallas Star about a week ago.

Reply #185918 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

If the Mavs have the opportunity to sign Shawn Matrix Marion, bloody well go for it.

An awesome brilliant consistent player over the years who is sometimes under-rated and under-appreciated.

Get the Matrix if you can.

Reply #185936 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:53 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754