baller
Years ago

Who saw Jordan play 'Live'?

Was wondering who had seen MJ play live and what game was it? Bit of a random topic I know but was just curious. Never got the chance myself but would've loved to have had the opportunity.

Topic #15786 | Report this topic

Nino  
Years ago

Saw his last home season game as a Wizard Vs the Knicks. Knicks won, was the last time they ever won a game I think haha, highlight was meeting MJ at his restaurant after the game!!

Reply #185969 | Report this post

baller_kid  
Years ago

woah.. wish i meet Jordan one day..

Pretty much my idol.

but who doesn't love the bloke

Reply #185977 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'd love to meet MJ and Patrick Ewing. Throw in Mike Tyson also and it would be magnificent.

Reply #185979 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Nino what did you say to Jordan when you met him?

Reply #185995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've got a near miss story that would make every basketball fan cry. 1995, off season. Just after Jordans late season comeback from baseball. I was in New York on a family holiday, 16 years old, peak of basketball addiction in a fan-crazy way. Bitterly disappointed that my family had rudely not considered the NBA season timing when booking the family trip. We were staying in the Hilton, mid town NYC, few short blocks from the MSG. The evening before I had sushi, and at about 2am it all went horribly wrong. The next day I was confined to the hotel room bed and bathroom while everyone else went out and saw more of the town. I was aware that the off season news of the moment was the big collective bargaining/potential lock out negotiations. I was also aware that there was a big meeting going down in New York. Spent the whole day in my hotel room. Later in the day when I was feeling a bit better, I considered going for a short wander down and around the hotel complex at one point, but didn't. Woke up the next day feeling okay, had a look at the New York Times, in the sports section a photo of Michael Jordan, Patrick Ewing, Scottie Pippen, Reggie Miller etc etc all at a press conference from the day before, standing behind a podium. On the podium, a sign: "New York Hilton". I spent the day in bed, completely unaware that essentially that years ****ing All Star team was 3 floors below. I spoke to the guy that worked the lift and he said yes, they were all here, and mooching around the foyer talking to reporters for ages after the meeting and press conference, happily taking snaps and giving autographs to other guests and fans. It was without a doubt the saddest day of my teen years. And then the lift guy says "AND! Not only that, but guess who else was in here yesterday? HULK HOGAN!" Could have punched him.

Reply #185999 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, I don't like Hulk Hogan either.

Reply #186001 | Report this post

If the wrestler was Jimmy 'the Fly' Snuka it would have been better

Reply #186002 | Report this post

Brownie  
Years ago

Saw Jordan in 1988 playing at the then LA Clippers stadium (Sports Arena).I think he got an easy 38 before being subbed off early in the 4th.
Stadium was a sell out. Only time Clippers sold out in that era was when the Celtics, Lakers and Bulls came to town.

Reply #186019 | Report this post

I also saw Jordan play the clippers in L.A in 1990. It was a blowout and he only had 14pts, his season low. Paxson had 28. I was furious and a little 'hit and missed' and remember having a go at Jordan for being not as good in person. The Clippers fans thought I was crazy but enjoyed my observations and joined in with me. 'Jordans a wanker' - they had no idea what a wanker was. oh well.

Reply #186047 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:58 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754