Anonymous
Years ago

MOST POPULAR NBL CLUB

which is it?

i personally think the 4 most popular are the 36ers, wildcats and 2 north queensland sides.

others do not rate with the fans really except for perhaps tigers..

what u think

Topic #15791 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the Gaze-era Tigers were generally well liked. The Anstey-era Tigers might well be the most universally disliked.

I think generally people like the regional/non Aust. capital sides. FNQ, Hawks, 36ers, G.Coast, Breakers. Less perceived arrogance, the underdog/battler thing as well I guess.

Reply #185997 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

The Razorbacks have a huge supporter base not only in west Sydney but regional Australia.

Reply #186003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm in Sydney - the Razorbacks do not have a supporter base anywhere.

Reply #186023 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

You'd probably have to say Sixers, Tigers & Wildcats just due to the years they've been around and the support base they'd built.

I'd probably include Townsville in the mix as well considering before the Cowboys joined the NRL, they were the only entertainment in town. Naturally being a regional town, you'd get a big support base.

Possibly the same could be said for Wollongong.

Reply #186039 | Report this post

Slap  
Years ago

This is one of the most stupid statements ever put on this site

"The Razorbacks have a huge supporter base not only in west Sydney but regional Australia."

Your a complete clown Mookie who ever you are. I suggest you go over to a mirror have a look at yourself and ask what did the five fingers say to the face................SLAP!!!!

The pigs have no support which is why they want to move to a stadium that holds 2500.

Reply #186100 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Slap is right. Last time I saw any major support was when I watched the Sixers v Pigs Grand Final clash in 2002.

Glorious day for the Sixers again.

Reply #186106 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Sixers/Wildcats/Tigers/Kings/Bullets

Ur talking the 5 longest franchises

The rest come and go like the wind

Reply #186141 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Bob Turner told me a few years back, that the Sydney Kings are everyone's second favourite team. Hard to argue with that. ;-)

Reply #186154 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:06 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754