Isaac
Years ago

Spurs @ Hornets, Game 5 (spoilers)

Hornets go up 3-2 after running away with a 101-79 win. A 28-11 third quarter set up the belting.

West was a monster for New Orleans with 38 points, 14 boards, five assists, five blocks and two steals.

Paul was handy with 22 points and 14 assists.

Duncan had 23 boards for the Spurs, but none of them had much luck from the field with Ginobili (5/15 FG) leading with 20 and Parker scoring 18.

Topic #15825 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Isaac with CP3 you forgot to mention that he only had 1 TO for those 14 assists.

Reply #186366 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Spurs showing their age? All three road losses have been close at half time, only to be smacked in the third...

Reply #186367 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bizzy, go and check out the assist per turnover stats for Paul during the play-offs - it's seriously impressive. Something like 9:1 or so.

Reply #186369 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

Go New Orleans. You're my last hope in the west...

Hopefully they can win the next one then bitch slap Kobe in the conference finals.

Reply #186371 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

GP MPG APG TO TOPG AP48M AST/TO
9 39.7 11.0 14 1.6 13.3 7.07

Pretty darn nice, add to that 25.3ppg and 4.7 rpg all while shooting over 50% from the field, and you have some nice stats, very Bron-esque - Brons shooting percentage.

Reply #186372 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Home team dominance continues. Hornets have belted the Spurs in all three games at home. Who's guarding West? Pretty impressive if he's doing that against Duncan.

Would be interesting to see how many assists Paul averages at home compared to on the road. Because there's some subjectivity involved in this stat it's often the case that home team benches are more liberal in their giving of assists compared to opposition benches (the benches for the playoffs are supposedly neutral). I'm pretty sure Stockton averaged more assists at home than he did on the road.

Reply #186374 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Awesome win! I'm pleased for the Hornets and Chris Paul. Finish off the Spurs next game.

Reply #186377 | Report this post

PHD in Shot  
Years ago

hahaha be suprised if the hornets win the next game not in SA but we will see, hope the hornets win the series but really cant see it happenin

Reply #186381 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

Why not? they've won 3.

The home court phenomenon continues.

Reply #186383 | Report this post

calliope  
Years ago

Damm, Chris Paul is playing that good. Feel like i been missing out because Fox aint be playing much NO games, so i havent seen too much of him. Sportscenter highlights just dont seem to cut it

Reply #186400 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Nice work Hornets!

David West's stat line looks like mine from school bball today ;)

Reply #186406 | Report this post

PHD in SHot  
Years ago

because the spurs are just that good!
you cant ever count them out

Reply #186412 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

calliope , just download games from sport-scene.net.

Reply #186417 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

What is Tim Duncans averages for the series? seems to be slowing down?

Reply #186420 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:00 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754