2007-08 T-Mobile NBA ALL-ROOKIE FIRST TEAM Player
Team First (2 pt) Second (1 Pt)

Total:
Al Horford Atlanta 58
Kevin Durant Seattle 57
Luis Scola Houston 53
Al Thornton L.A. Clippers 48
Jeff Green Seattle 43

2007-08 T-Mobile NBA ALL-ROOKIE SECOND TEAM Player Team First (2 pt) Second (1 Pt)

Total:
Jamario Moon Toronto 38
Juan Carlos Navarro Memphis 24
Thaddeus Young Philadelphia 23
Rodney Stuckey Detroit 22
Carl Landry Houston 18

Other players receiving votes, with point totals (first place votes):
Joakim Noah, Chicago, 17 (1)
Yi Jianlian, Milwaukee, 13
Nick Young, Washington, 10 (2)
Mike Conley, Memphis, 8 (1)
Corey Brewer, Minnesota, 3 (1)
Sean Williams, New Jersey, 3
Glen Davis, Boston, 3
Julian Wright, New Orleans, 2
Jared Dudley, Charlotte, 2
Acie Law, Atlanta, 1
Javaris Crittenton, Memphis, 1
Aaron Brooks, Houston, 1
Wilson Chandler, New York, 1
Daequan Cook, Miami, 1.

Seems pretty accurate, thought Noah or Nick young might of grabbed a second team spot

2007-2008 NBA All-Rookie teams

Topic #15830 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

BTW, who's that coach not giving Durant a first team vote? He was rookie of the year!

Maybe the hawks coach? Or possibly the blazers coach seeing as Oden was injured?

Reply #186408 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Horford did quite well for himself in the playoffs, I'd honestly pick him over durant. If you look at that first team and actually paired them together; Durant wouldn't be a standout.

If I recall from the Rookie/Sophomore game, durant was mediocre amongst the pack. I see Durant a being another Melo, who just scores points and that's it.

Horford is more of a complete package, good defender (considering it was his 1st season) and capable of high scoring. He could easily be another Dwight Howard clone.

Reply #186441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These teams always annoy me. Why call it a team when it is clearly just the top 5 rookies with no regard for position?

Why bother?

Here is a theory; If they did an actual rookie team, with positions involved, top players would have to miss out to players who perhaps didn't perform to their level.

For example, the current team has no PG, so Navarro would have to be put in, resulting in Green or Thornton to be cut when they arguably had better seasons than Navarro.

Is it just so an agent can put "all rookie first team" on a clients resume?

The NBA- where business happens...

Reply #186449 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Can't believe someone didn't put Durant in the first team. Do they publish who voted for who? If not, they should.

I think Durant has the ability to develop other parts of his game. He is only 19 remember. A lot of other stars took a while to develop those things. He is already showing some good signs:

"He was the only first-year player to lead his team in five categories - points, blocks, steals, free throws made and free throw percentage.

Durant blocked more shots than any other guard in the league (75)."

Reply #186463 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

To quote big marty. "If I recall from the Rookie/Sophomore game, durant was mediocre amongst the pack. I see Durant a being another Melo, who just scores points and that's it."

Melo got 7.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game this season! Thats doing nothing other than scoring? Get your facts straight clown. Durant was the only decent player on the roster and therefore attracted all the defensive attention and still scored 20 a game as a rookie. Give the kid a break mate!

Reply #186521 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Sorry Dr B, I should have pointed out that I was comparing Rookie Durant to Rookie Melo. If you remember what Melo was like in 2003 and how his game has progressed, I see Durant taking the same path.

Thanks for the clown comment, I like to make people laugh.

Reply #186554 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:37 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754