speedy
Years ago

ESPN does it again

After promising 4 games (can we be so lucky!!!) for the Semi Finals .. and a double header if need be ..
and advertising 2 games all week ..I just checked in the guide and again we've been short changed. Instead of showing a double header NBA Playoffs on Saturday we get Baseball!!!

Can this channel and fcktel find any extra ways to screw up hoops fans !!! .. again it may be download time or streaming net .. never as good as Live TV ..but better then nothing. BUT I am so angry with the treatment we get from this channels despite all the complains they get ..they continue to find ways to piss people off. Time for them to go !!!

Topic #15844 | Report this topic

cheech  
Years ago

I really hope this isnt the case mate. I too was under the impression that there was a Double Header on tommorow. 2 big Possible Elimination games that i was looking forward to immensly.

They must have just recently changed this because i had both games in my foxtel Planner, are you sure? which game are they dropping then?

Reply #186560 | Report this post

cheech  
Years ago

Looks like they have dropped the Cleveland V Boston game. Any1 got contact details for ESPN Australia? im gonna call em or email. This is BS, im soo sick of Basketball fans gettn screwed by ESPN. fkk baseball!

I have a fare bit of money of the cavs aswell-- pointless if i cant watch and get into it!

Reply #186564 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

They are only showing the Lakers v Jazz game at 12pm.

Reply #186566 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

THey are planning to show game one of a series this wednesday including the NBA draft and are booked in for a game on Friday, so it may seem like they are picking it up in the conference finals.

Reply #186568 | Report this post

Porka  
Years ago

What about potential Game 7 Hornets Spurs will that be shown Sunday?

Reply #186569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure about this, have you checked paper guide or electronic guide, becauase last couple of weekends in the Austar paper guide they have had listed baseball (which I wanted to watch) but have instead shown NBA.

Reply #186571 | Report this post

correction  
Years ago

THIS IS F****** BULL****

How do we get in contact with these f***wits?? Anyone know?? Why advertise it all week then change it at the last minute???

Reply #186573 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

it looks like the case. I wanted Boston to eliminate Cavs early but wanted it to go game 6 so we an at least see more games .. but they pull this stunt once again. I emailed both of them in this:

[email protected]
[email protected]

The minimum they promised was 4 Semis (with a BIG IF necessary .. so potentially we could have only seen 2 damn games in the Semis but it goes to 4.. yet when it comes down to it ..they can't deliver the minimum .)that is what is so b***shit about the whole situation

I've pretty much had enough of this rubbish !!! ESPN have the rights to a lot of NBA games yet we don't see even the minimum. Hell other countries show a lot more then AUS ..we're like 2nd rate citizens here

Reply #186580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree im a huge Celtics fan & couldnt wait for that game 2moro....i just sent some feeback to foxtel via their website stating how CRAP they are with NBA coverage...i suggest everyone does it ...follow the links & tell them how bad!!! they are.

Reply #186586 | Report this post

correction  
Years ago

Anon# 186571,

Why would you want to watch baseball instead of NBA, yet you are posting on this forum?

Reply #186587 | Report this post

Years ago

Ive said it before and ill say it again... just go check the bloody ESPN International homepage... it has all the games they are showing!!!!

This Saturday at 12pm is Lakers V Jazz.

Then Starting on the 23rd of May, they are showing basically a game every 2nd or 3rd day.

Now drop this subject already!

Reply #186591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched the local SportsCentre this morning and at the end they were advertising that they were originally only showing the Western Conference final series, but have now extended it to the Eastern series too. Believe it when I see it...

Reply #186592 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

#186591 who the hell are you? are you an ESPN representative ??? can't even put your tag name down?
Why should we drop this topic when hoop fans get screwed like this. Hate to point this out to you but just yesterday .. ESPN/Fcktel had a double header advertised and ESPN for months have been saying they will show 4 games and double header IF necessary !!!
then last second after looking forward to it and hoping for Game 6s on both series they screw us !!! NOw go back to your bosses and tell them what to do with their pathetic coverage !!!!

Reply #186595 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Foxtel are a disgrace and I'm glad I stopped paying them due to this crap.

I feel your pain and I support you blokes.

I'm pissed off reading about it.

I'll help you out and send them an email to help you all. Great to throw in extra numbers.

Reply #186601 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

NOvSA -> http://www.justin.tv/psn_tr3s

Worked out ok yesterday, however, show care, the stream switch to "adult content" for 3-4 secs during an ad break yesterday.

Reply #186602 | Report this post

cheech  
Years ago

Just sent 2 LONG rants to FOXTEL (via contact us)
and [email protected]..

As for "." i did do that mate, and that game was listed as being broadcast when i checked on Tuesday, then it magically dissapeared.

Reply #186603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correction #186587 I like NBL & SEABL basketball but am not a big NBA fan, but I am a big MLB fan.

Reply #186615 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

FFS.

Another week of "no ball". Why do they even both fucking around with advertising when they do this.

STATEMENT: "OH! But the Baseball is on"
A: So who fuckin' cares.

STATEMENT: "But we need to make room on Foxsports for AFL"
A: No one gives a shit, that's what free to air is for"

The only reason I have Foxtel is for Basketball... you're about to lose your $900 a year for this shite.

Reply #186620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

most annoyingly it isn't even a live baseball game, they are showing last years home run derby

Reply #186704 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

They are a bunch of tight ass carnts , but don't bother trying to voice any displeasure via telephone as u are more likely to get EC to pot the sixers than have a conversation with a human that will give u any satisfaction . Gonna drop my $ 110 a month very soon also . Even with AFL u don't get a selection of games . Also the non football states get live games on a friday , just amateur hour at best in so many situations . blah blah blah

Reply #186744 | Report this post

I too feel your pain guys. Foxtel have continually screwed NBA basketball fans year after year. The only way to get change is to vote with your feet. Put your Foxtel money into a good internet connection and watch ANY NBA finals game you want LIVE.

I'll admit the visual quality is still poor, but you can watch what you want when you want. This is the way of the future and will only get better.

Eventually we will get a decent pay per view service available online in Australia!

Reply #186959 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I received an email from ESPN International this morning.

All they had to say was "good news".

Both Conference Finals will be shown live and in replay prime time + the NBA Finals.

Reply #187008 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:41 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754