Isaac
Years ago

Wildcats name Conner Henry as head coach

After a bit of a search around the traps, the Perth Wildcats have upgraded 07/08 assistant coach Conner Henry to the top spot at the club.

"Conner is experienced, knows our system, our culture and can really build on what we have been doing at the club over the last two years," CEO Nick Marvin said today. "He's a great basketball mind that the players know and respect."

Henry is currently in the US scouting various players to fill the two vacant import spots.

"One of the advantages of having someone like Conner who has been in the NBA and US college system is his first hand knowledge of players, coaches and new talent. We recognise that this has been an area where we need to improve and we are focussing our resources on signing two very good players", Marvin said.
This is the guy that got in a bit of an altercation with the Kings' then-assistant Tomlinson during the semi-final series. Now they have the chance to go head-to-head!

Topic #15853 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Im soooooo happy with this announcment. This guy is hilarious to watch. He jumps, bends, twists and just goes nuts during the games.

Cant wait for them to come to town.

Reply #186659 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Bit of a let down for Wildcat fans, I would imagine. Considering names like Brett Brown, Mike Dunlap, Larry K, Ricky Grace were all being thrown around, and they end up settling for a promotion to their Assistant coach.

Not saying Henry cannot do the job, but the decision and the way it was handled gives the feeling that the Wildcats had to 'settle' for their 3rd of 4th option.

Reply #186668 | Report this post

shirley schmidt  
Years ago

I second that Skip.
Watching Conner was the only entertainment I received at the couple of 36er/Perth games I went to last season.

Reply #186671 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:21 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754