mr timothy
Years ago

Can girls dunk?

Ive never seen a chick dunk before. can they do it?

Topic #1586 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

chick's as in feathered little yellow baby chickens? no don't think they can

Reply #18149 | Report this post

richard  
Years ago

I have seen it!
We were at the nationals last year (20s) and after one of our games were sitting around and we heard a couple of times (not saw coz noone was really paying attention) dunks being thrown down, but when we looked around saw nothing but the QLD girls warming up. Later in their warm-ups one of the girls threw down a two hander off of one foot, with decent force behind it too, looked awesome. Although i doubt it happens on a regular basis, this chick was a freak. The scariest part is she was only standing at about 6'2, maybe 6'3 max, so think about the hops and athleticism for a girl......

Reply #18151 | Report this post

mr timothy  
Years ago

does any one have pictures of them doing. doing i mean dunking

Reply #18155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The first dunk in the WNBA was a season or two ago by LA Sparks player Lisa Leslie

Reply #18159 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I thought Jackson was the first woman to dunk.

Reply #18164 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Leslie is the only one who has ever, Jackson and Rebecca Lobo have also gotten close

Reply #18168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There used to be a point guard at Norwood who could board tap, Scary thing, she was only about 5'5", (div 2 also )And yes, I have seen it happen

Reply #18229 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I think you might find Jackson was the first woman to do it.

Reply #18232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LISA LESLIE was the first woman to ever dunk DURING a WNBA match.. it didn't really look that good cos she didn't hang on the ring but it was still good for a woman!

Reply #18238 | Report this post

Who cares, it's all worth 2 points.

Reply #18266 | Report this post

Spanky  
Years ago

On Lauren Jackson's player profile she quotes that she first dunked when she was 18 but as a consequence of a combination of foot and shin injuries she doubts she will ever dunk in a WNBA game.

Lisa Leslie is the only WNBA player to dunk in a game.

As for chicks dunking in general... of course they can.

Reply #18269 | Report this post

fdgg  
Years ago

blah

Reply #38772 | Report this post

Good post moron

Reply #38773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Michelle Snow (I think she plays for Houston Comets now) dunked two handed a number of times in games during college for Tennessee. There was a picture of her hanging from the rim in SLAM a couple of years ago.

Reply #38784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont know her first name but her last name is SNOW , she was the first woman to ever dunk a basketball. Her uncle is one the boses at the Lexington Herald Leader.He has a bobble head of her and a picture of her plaque that she got for being the first woman to dunk.

Reply #38888 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Lisa Leslie dunked during yesterday's WNBA All-Star game. Good game as well.

Reply #41099 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Yes she did, there is a pick of it up on the WNBA web-site!!

Reply #41101 | Report this post

t-wiggle  
Years ago

.......and all you guys are basketball fanatics? come on guys of course they can. I've seen a girl named Sylvia Crawley, who by the way has "mad ups" dunk one handed "blind folded". I saw it in person!!!! dont beleive me?well i got one better I got the video click on the link ....

http://www.dunktv.com/realmedia/blindfold.mov

.....then tell me can they dunk. New York in the house, land of the Ballerz.....

Reply #62184 | Report this post

Unknown  
Years ago

yes,women can dunk and one day I will be able to even though I'm 5'11" now i will grow some more at least a few inches i would like to.

Reply #69516 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Here's a few Lisa Leslie pics. There are several dunkers in the WNBA.

Reply #69534 | Report this post

jonathan  
Years ago

my mom could dunk with two hands in hi school but she's like 6'1

Reply #70491 | Report this post

Jumper  
Years ago

Hi from Spain.
I have a girld friend who can dunk with one hand. She left the professional basketball after the Barcelona's olimpic games to make triple jump, and now is one of the best in the world in this even.

Reply #72185 | Report this post

lisa  
Years ago

that is the best thing

Reply #125385 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

High schooler

Reply #125386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow

Reply #125387 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

billo, I ain't convinced that's a 10ft ring....

I thought Jordan's Mum was first woman to dunk, remember when she showed him?

"Like this Michael..."

Seriously, I believe that was a Laker cheergirl dressed as MJ's Mum.

Reply #125390 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Phizzer, apparently this girl is 6-5, she's about a foot taller than her team mates so that height sounds feasable. She dunked at both ends of the gym too so it wasn't just the one low ring, looked a like a pretty decent gym too so would be surprised if the rings were low.

Reply #125392 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

Look at the backboard its pulled down to an 8 foot ring

Reply #125393 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon 9'.

Reply #125394 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Yeah, sorry billo, most pretty decent gyms in Australia (especially school ones) have ability to lower to 8ft or 9ft.

She actually doesn't jump very high, even 6'5" guys need hang time to dunk like she did.

I can't get why her team mates got so excited!

Reply #125396 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There was a video camera on them - people on basketball courts generally act like idiots when the camera looks their way and they aren't playing in a game!

Reply #125399 | Report this post

torn acl  
Years ago

dydek - 7'2" for conn sun can jam - but is too timid for showtime

Reply #125403 | Report this post

Randy  
Years ago

I'm shooting a commercial in NY and I am looking for a woman that can dunk. if you know of anyone who is in the new york or new jersey area please contact me at [email protected]. thanks

Reply #128142 | Report this post

I think Lisa Leslie should get the wax out on those armpits...

Reply #128144 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Hey Randy, you just wait until "Tracey" gets to the WNBA!

Reply #130132 | Report this post

keke  
Years ago

yes chicks can dunk i mean Candace Parker from tennessee was dunking in high school and lisa can dunk too look it up on youtube.

Reply #159083 | Report this post

romesh  
Years ago

i dont thik so.....................

Reply #164534 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Way better dunk! :)

Reply #164567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah they can dunk

Reply #172763 | Report this post

ebone  
Years ago

yeah gurls can dunk, Lisa Leslie did it and so did Candace Parker. Now we got high school girls dunking to. So yeah girls can dunk

Reply #175526 | Report this post

ross  
Years ago

yeh they can dunk .. but rarely and barely.

Reply #185210 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

search youtube under candace parker dunking and there's a bunch of clips but 2 particularly from the US National Team practice show her (and michelle snow) throwing it down of two feet - and then hitting the three at the other end of the drill. impressive stuff.

Reply #189000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just in the past week Candace Parker became the second player to ever dunk in a WNBA game. Check the WNBA.com. I still got the 2004 McDonalds All-American game and slam dunk conteston on DVD. She WINS the dunk contest against the men!!!

Reply #191958 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

britney griner dunks --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuDfRzY2Vqw

candace parker dunks in a wnba game--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXwOYtAWSN4

watch and learn boys!!!!!haha

Reply #203617 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

more girls dunking...
michelle snow dunks--->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD3ULNlbag0

Sylvia Fowles Dunking---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj3GTI5fEJo&feature=related

Reply #203618 | Report this post

EB  
Years ago

There's a chick at the AIS who can dunk

Reply #218942 | Report this post

Pulteney23  
Years ago

Yeah girls can dunk. I know a girl who is 5'5 and would like to be the shortest girl to ever dunk. Well, she would be by far the shortest! That is a very high jump but she is confident. I hope she can do it. I think she can.

Reply #227740 | Report this post

Kiana  
Years ago

I'm 5'6" & i'm already touching rim, just messing around. I don't really play basketball that much anymore. But i believe with the right training i'll be dunking sometime soon.

Reply #241996 | Report this post

Kathryn  
Years ago

I'm a 6 foot tall girl and I still need to jump atleast 7 inches higher to dunk. I can't even touch rim, I'm like an inch off.

Reply #247670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i play basketball

Reply #290758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah girls can dunk just as easy as boys! all you gotta do is work! im 5'10 i cant dunk yet but im 100% sure i will be able to by the time im 18!

Reply #297401 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:40 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754